Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's not stupid and useless unless the rest of your team sux. Tanglefoot once or twice a fight for AoE Entangle to help rest of your team kill stuff and avoid getting killed, use the Cold-whatever XBow for decent damage to save Bombs for the bursting.
Cold-whatever XBow is not guaranteed loot in rogue-like. There are like 3 bosses for each "slot" (expedition #) and crossbow guy on the first island is a huge luck - he is the weakest. Once I have a streak where I hadn't seen him or his crossbow for ~10 runs over the couple of fresh saves, when I was hunting achievements. I also have a suspicion that Owlcat has different probabilities for each boss appearing depending on difficulty level (he went awol after I've moved from Core to Hard) but I am probably overthinking it.
I had Merged Angel Crusader with
Come on, Merged angel is the strongest Mythic path in the game and even more so in Rogue-like, his buffs alone elevate any schmuks straight into Army of Heaven territory. And EE Kineticist could clean most of Rogue-like solo with some scrolls of Expeditious Retreat. They don't need any damage from Bomber on Core. They don't need this bomber.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
This is what often happens when my Dark Elementalist attacks :D
Grenadier cannot get even close to this, even with critical that is also x3
Img6.png
EDIT:
Also things like this happen:
Img6.png

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
This is the "subpar compared to pets" thing all over again. Yes, I'm always going to have two or three characters already doing massive damage. That's the point. You don't need it from the Alch. Alch is there to keep them alive and help them connect, and he’s great at that. And the incidental damage does add up with super high INT for taking out stragglers and interrupting spells.

You're optimizing the wrong things.

Last edited:

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
Just started up a new game and very disappointed that mounts still have not been fixed.
  • In turn-based combat, sometimes mounts will get completely stuck and unable to move.(Toggle turnbased off and on to fix)
  • Trying to activate something in the world will cause the mounter character to walk to the point, but not activate it(have to click again to activate)
  • Animation/skeleton issues where the rider is placed inside the horse
  • Some areas you can't ride the horse. "Saddle Up" doesn't work.
  • Can full-attack moving while mounted(possibly intentional)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just started up a new game and very disappointed that mounts still have not been fixed.
  • In turn-based combat, sometimes mounts will get completely stuck and unable to move.(Toggle turnbased off and on to fix)
  • Trying to activate something in the world will cause the mounter character to walk to the point, but not activate it(have to click again to activate)
  • Animation/skeleton issues where the rider is placed inside the horse
  • Some areas you can't ride the horse. "Saddle Up" doesn't work.
  • Can full-attack moving while mounted(possibly intentional)
1. Didn't yet get that
2. This is OK but when I tried to buff someone that is not on horseback and my guy and horse just runs in circle around the target never doing the touch is what is hilarious :D
3. This was supposed to be fixed
4. Those are story areas, not combat zones. I think that is OK. Avoids looking stupid doing important conversations while on a horse
5. Intentional

ArchAngel

Arcane
This is the "subpar compared to pets" thing all over again. Yes, I'm always going to have two or three characters already doing massive damage. That's the point. You don't need it from the Alch. Alch is there to keep them alive and help them connect, and he’s great at that. And the incidental damage does add up with super high INT for taking out stragglers and interrupting spells.

You're optimizing the wrong things.
Just finished 2nd journey, Kineticist did 37% total damage and was most useful party member. But real MVP was the mounted Inquisitor in last fight, only one that kept staying on feet from all the Tsunamies, Kineticist kept lying on the ground :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess game knows I wanted to make a melee heavy party with a Skald so offered me this Tailwind:
Img6.png
Hopefully Battle Scion Skald is good.

What do you guys recommend as main character and what Mythic path should I go for 3rd Voyage with above Tailwind?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Going two handed or something like that? I suppose Bloodrage and demon rage stack?
Yes, they stack. I did both Vital Striking build and just mundane two-hander, both are good. He is feat starved for dual-wielding but can pull it off with some sacrifices (like Shatter)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Going two handed or something like that? I suppose Bloodrage and demon rage stack?
Yes, they stack. I did both Vital Striking build and just mundane two-hander, both are good. He is feat starved for dual-wielding but can pull it off with some sacrifices (like Shatter)
I took Undead bloodline so I get free Shaken each time I charge anyone. Going to go Falchion for bonus crit. Skald is 2nd character, I suppose skald needs to go beast totem so it can give pounce to everyone?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Finally done with something approaching an MC build. Feel free to shit on it and tell me about things I missed or things you would do differently. I’ve got three goals:
  • Something off-kilter that’s gonna be fun to build, but:
  • Can still be strong enough to beat Unfair without too much hair-pulling and:
  • Doesn't abuse exploits or make the game steamrolled
The build spawned from Stoned Ape’s idea of making a Feral Champion Demon focusing on natural attacks, but the more I strung different build options together, the more unavoidable Bloodrager [Primalist] became for what I actually wanted to do - stack natural attacks without completely nerfing the character:
  • Bloodrager gets the same natural attakcs that FC gets through totems and rage powers, but as a huge boon on top of that you get access to a bunch of other good shit (even Pounce if you want to go that route, but I opted not to since I found the extra Natural Attack from Lesser Fiend Totem more fun - even if less optimal).
  • It can pick the Serpentine Bloodline for an additional bite attack and because you’re actually scaling your bloodline with this build, you also get that juicy reach, PLUS with Secondary Bloodline you can get Abyssal as well for both thematic juice and the Rage buff.
  • It qualifies directly for Dragon Disciple (though this is only a theoretical bonus, as I still dip into Oracle).
  • It has full BAB.
Concerns with the current build:
  • BAB will be 15, but on the upside all attacks will be at full BAB. Is that enough for Unfair?
  • Using a weapon would obviously be way more powerful, but eh, claws are cool. However, do they gain effects from Haste and Pazuzu?
  • Any Oracle archetype that does anything? Currently just running vanilla. I could also take another Curse and then pick the unnerfed curse mythic ability - but that delays the bite. Might still be worth it.
Note that I'm using the mod that makes Weapon Focus grouped - don't really think it's cheating since most Weapon Focus builds only need the one weapon focus, while this build because of its weirdoness needs a million unless you use the mod.

Link to the build: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16qq--FuBKw86vLMhPajQMr8ij5zAvsSN4n1rsrcaTR8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It is. Very, if a little clunky on the activation in RTwP. It was my MC for Unfair run. It shares all your TW Feats, not just those you take instead of Rage Powers, so just take Rage Powers.

Yosharian

Arcane
I guess game knows I wanted to make a melee heavy party with a Skald so offered me this Tailwind:
Img6.png

What do you guys recommend as main character and what Mythic path should I go for 3rd Voyage with above Tailwind?
No it's fucking terrible. The ability is very hard to scale as it isn't properly tagged as a Sonic ability so it doesn't benefit from any of the Sonic DC boosting items. I think the only item that I managed to boost it with was the Fortitude save robe. The damage is pathetic and the status effects will never trigger because the enemy will always save.

Well, if you play on baby mode it might be ok.

Yosharian

Arcane
Finally done with something approaching an MC build. Feel free to shit on it and tell me about things I missed or things you would do differently. I’ve got three goals:

Link to the build: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16qq--FuBKw86vLMhPajQMr8ij5zAvsSN4n1rsrcaTR8/edit?usp=sharing
13 BAB is pretty terrible dude. For Unfair I don't think this build is very good, have you calculated your maximum AB & AC? I think you will struggle

You are taking Outflank and StM - they do not stack

Why exactly are you going 12 in Primalist, for the Serpentine reach thing, or something else?

Is turning into a dragon something you have considered for this build?

You do not need Brutality Incarnate if you are buffing your attacks with Greater Magic Fang or the amulet of mighty fists

Have you considered being a Kitsune so that you have access to free pounce?

Mythic Toughness? Really dude? These mythic picks are really bad, you need to rethink this.

You cannot take a Draconic bloodline while having non-Draconic bloodlines. You must remove Dragon Disciple from the build. Alternatively, ditch Abyssal - it's shit.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

13 BAB is pretty terrible dude. For Unfair I don't think this build is very good, have you calculated your maximum AB & AC? I think you will struggle

Why exactly are you going 12 in Primalist, for the Serpentine reach thing, or something else?

You do not need Brutality Incarnate if you are buffing your attacks with Greater Magic Fang or the amulet of mighty fists

Thanks for your comments bro,

1. 13BAB was my greatest concern, but there’s no way to stack natural attacks without this retardation, so the question is less whether it is bad and more whether it is too bad… you think it’s gonna fuck me on Unfair? It’s not 13 btw, looking at it again it is 15. Much better, no? :lol:

2. Thanks! Finished the build at 2AM so things were a little hectic with the last few levels since I was so tired, lol

3. 12 Primalist gives me both +5 Reach from serpentine and +1 attack and damage from Abyssal. Level 11 gets me Greater Bloodrage. I could do Level 8 Primalist instead, which would leave me 4 levels to do with as I please (5, actually, since the third level of Vivi is also whatevs), but is there anything amazing to use them on instead of getting Greater Bloodrage?

4. Yes. Like I write, if you’re going to Poly, you might as well change the build entirely, because it overwrites all the natural attacks you’ve been paying a high cost to gain.

5. Someone said I did. Good stuff if I don’t.

6. No Furries Allowed

Yosharian

Arcane

Thanks for your comments bro,

1. 13BAB was my greatest concern, but there’s no way to stack natural attacks without this retardation, so the question is less whether it is bad and more whether it is too bad… you think it’s gonna fuck me on Unfair? It’s not 13 btw, looking at it again it is 15. Much better, no? :lol:

2. Thanks! Finished the build at 2AM so things were a little hectic with the last few levels since I was so tired, lol

3. 12 Primalist gives me both +5 Reach from serpentine and +1 attack and damage from Abyssal. Level 11 gets me Greater Bloodrage. I could do Level 8 Primalist instead, which would leave me 4 levels to do with as I please (5, actually, since the third level of Vivi is also whatevs), but is there anything amazing to use them on instead of getting Greater Bloodrage?

4. Yes. Like I write, if you’re going to Poly, you might as well change the build entirely, because it overwrites all the natural attacks you’ve been paying a high cost to gain.

5. Someone said I did. Good stuff if I don’t.

6. No Furries Allowed
Ok. I added two extra points while you were replying:

Mythic Toughness? Really dude? These mythic picks are really bad, you need to rethink this.

You cannot take a Draconic bloodline while having non-Draconic bloodlines. You must remove Dragon Disciple from the build. Alternatively, ditch Abyssal - it's shit.

15 BAB is much better, 16 would be optimal. You do know that the wolf-scarred curse gives spell failure now right?

You're giving up 3 AC from Serpentine Resistance, dunno about that...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
7. Yeah, I thought the same myself. I was kind of lost with the mythics tbh. Any suggestions?

8. Nope, not true. Whether due to bad Owlcat coding or something intended I don’t see, you can totally pick Dragon Disciple with Bloodrager without a Draconic bloodline. Check for yourself. It even gives you bonus feats from the bloodline you don’t have which is why I get a bonus feat level 8. I built The character in Inevitable Excess to be 100% (me and Daidre tested a bunch of Bloodrager-DD interactions yesterday).

Yosharian

Arcane
7. Yeah, I thought the same myself. I was kind of lost with the mythics tbh. Any suggestions?

8. Nope, not true. Whether due to bad Owlcat coding or something intended I don’t see, you can totally pick Dragon Disciple with Bloodrager without a Draconic bloodline. Check for yourself. It even gives you bonus feats from the bloodline you don’t have which is why I get a bonus feat level 8. I built The character in Inevitable Excess to be 100% (me and Daidre tested a bunch of Bloodrager-DD interactions yesterday).
What the fuck. Ok, my bad then.

I will have a think about some concrete suggestions later when I get out of bed.

I made two more points btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom