Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Camellia Shaman (no archetype, seems incredibly shit to lose Animal Companion with her base Spirit Hunter thingy)

Camellia is not loosing animal companion. Thing is, any shaman can get a pet with one of the spirits... but they normally only come at level... 16. Only way around this is Wildlands Shaman - a half-orc locked archetype who starts with a pet.

But indeed Cams archetype isn't great post EB nerf. Something like a Shadow Shaman would be better.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
#2 is Battle Scion Skald that will be providing Pounce to everyone and probably lethal stance. I have this guy Glaive so he can provide flanked and can do bonus damage. For now I took extra rage music and lingering rage music but later I will be taking TeamWork feats and probably extra rage power feat so he will never be focused on direct damage dealing.

As far as I know, a Battle Scion can't take Extra Rage Power feats. That's like his only (but potentially important) disadvantage.
That's why it's so important not to burn those slots on TW Feats. I did Guarded Stance then Animal Totems with the Rolling Dodge and the Reflex one I think at the end.

That's a lot of AC/Reflex. If you go Guarded maybe you can lose the Animal since Lesser doesn't do much (good vs Adhesion tho lol) and Pounce maybe a little overrated? I'd be interested in trying Celestial.

I'd pick once Stance and one Totem and develop those.

Camellia Shaman (no archetype, seems incredibly shit to lose Animal Companion with her base Spirit Hunter thingy)

Camellia is not loosing animal companion. Thing is, any shaman can get a pet with one of the spirits... but they normally only come at level... 16. Only way around this is Wildlands Shaman - a half-orc locked archetype who starts with a pet.

But indeed Cams archetype isn't great post EB nerf. Something like a Shadow Shaman would be better.
Nah the Keen is really good on Rapier with Outflank and only thing Shaman doesn't get is Feats so saving one on Improved Crit is valuable. It still has three rock solid action economies to mix and match. Everything scales great. Fast Spell Progression, Hampering Hex, Weapon Enchants (including Bane Weapon and Ghost Touch). DEX-to-dam + Reduce.

Only problem with Cam is the quest and how good Divine is in this setting.

Desiderius

Patron
You can stack Alchemical Weapon on Bomb attacks to double your Bombs (and maybe add the special Bombs you can buy in the DLC), or at least you could in P:K:

Double Bomb.jpg

Could Combine with Breath Weapon Bomb on Grenadier to do a lot of damage (or tack on a debuff) since everything in Breath radius counts as Direct hit:

Grenadier.jpg

Note also Staggering with Tailwind. Unclear if Tailwind would trigger on Breath. Melee Grenadier with Breath Weapon would be interesting since it also gets Martial Proficiency and could use Feral Mutagen and Wings. Gets Precise and Breath for free so doesn't need many Discoveries.

My guess is that Targeted Bomb Admixture should also work due to that Direct Hit clause.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
The only (close to) full arcane casters I had any fun out of in the DLC were a Half Elf Sage Sorcerer 6/Hellknight Signifer 4/EK 6 (would have taken to 10) and a Lich Sorcerer 6/Dragon Disciple 4 /EK 10.

Sage Sorcerer was (I think) Str 16, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 19+4, Wis 7 Cha 7. Mithral Plate + Shield Spell, Glaive. Enlarged. Only lost 1 caster level at 11 and could hold his own in a fight as a second rank striker when not casting.

The Lich was no better than OK early on, but after unlocking Lich became very good, and just kept improving after that.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Something like a Shadow Shaman would be better.
Even default Shaman would be better. You can do hilarious things with Wandering Spirit/Wandering hex combo, like taking Dazzling Display temporary from the Wandering Hex to qualify for Shatter and removing it second later.
That is what annoy me the most about Ember/Camellia - both got those weird custom archetypes made specifically for them and miss out on their core class features like dynamic spirit/hex swapping and patron spells.

Yosharian

Arcane

Really you think Sneak Attack and a familiar is better than Spirit Enchantment?

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm puzzled on what to do with my Spirit Hunter now, I was going to switch it to Lann and make it a reach build using, l dunno some Fauchard probably.

Shadow Shaman seems ok too I guess but isn't having Ghost Touch on permanent tap more useful than a few Sneak dice? The ability to cheese one feat in order to obtain Shatter?

I suppose Shadows is.. alright. Nothing my BFT can't give out, though

It's also weird how that ability is dependent on Charisma, that would be troublesome since I'm using Lann. Not convinced, tbh. I still think Spirit Enchantment is really good.

ArchAngel

Arcane
FUCK! Bloodrage and inspired Rage do not stack.. Only bigger bonus works.. what now?!
Ditch Bloodrage ofc
This whole concept is crap, Skald Inspire Rage is now also blocking Bloodrager from casting spells.. even when I turn on Bloodrage first.
I hate whoever of your guys got me to take Skald instead of Bard LOL. I was right from the start and I should have trusted myself..
When I get back to town I need to replace this Skald with a Bard now.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Even default Shaman would be better. You can do hilarious things with Wandering Spirit/Wandering hex combo, like taking Dazzling Display temporary from the Wandering Hex to qualify for Shatter and removing it second later.
That is what annoy me the most about Ember/Camellia - both got those weird custom archetypes made specifically for them and miss out on their core class features like dynamic spirit/hex swapping and patron spells.
You guys know that https://github.com/BarleyFlour/RespecMod/releases exists, right?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You guys know that https://github.com/BarleyFlour/RespecMod/releases exists, right?

Does it work on EE? I'm holding my playthrough till I know.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hahah yeah you kind of have to build around a Skald, it is very true.
This whole Tailwind is crap and a stupid trap. It turns out Skald works better with non barbarian characters than barbarian. Fighters, Slayers, Rogues, Cavaliers will only benefit from Skald and will not get screwed over..

I have to completely redo my concept and what Rage powers I would give to Bloodragers or Barbarian with no stupid Skald in the game. Maybe I should just tell Helmsman I give up and start over and hope for better Tailwind..

Desiderius

Patron
This is a good point but the trade was much worse for Ember. The bigger problem with Cam was making it DEX-based which is a nonbo with the Battle Spirit spells (and Shaman doesn’t have the Feats). She should have been the STR-based 2H the game is missing.

Maybe she was originally Irabeth and thet decided that was too woke even for them?

Desiderius

Patron
FUCK! Bloodrage and inspired Rage do not stack.. Only bigger bonus works.. what now?!
Ditch Bloodrage ofc
This whole concept is crap, Skald Inspire Rage is now also blocking Bloodrager from casting spells.. even when I turn on Bloodrage first.
I hate whoever of your guys got me to take Skald instead of Bard LOL. I was right from the start and I should have trusted myself..
Calm down Francis. You don’t have to play a Bloodrager. That’s literally the only class where that interaction would come up. Wait until you’ve played both to decide for yourself.

I’m not big on Skald either but if you’re using your Alch Bombs for damage instead of debuffs it should be perfect for you.

zapotec

Liturgist
Did they add a skip puzzle button for the boring nenio puzzles? What a lame character!!

Desiderius

Patron
Are you sure the temporary pre-req works for Shatter? Temporary prereqs usually don’t (ability turns off if you lose prereq). Shatter does require Weapon Focus (Hex Dazzling doesn’t) so not like you’re skipping two.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Shadow Shaman seems ok too I guess but isn't having Ghost Touch on permanent tap more useful than a few Sneak dice? The ability to cheese one feat in order to obtain Shatter?

Ghost Touch looses a lot of its charm, when you realize Bane of Spirit ring exists.

Shadow Shaman is nice for Rowdy Vital Strike sheningans.

Yosharian

Arcane

Ghost Touch looses a lot of its charm, when you realize Bane of Spirit ring exists.

Shadow Shaman is nice for Rowdy Vital Strike sheningans.
Ok but it's 6D6 Sneak dice, it's not going to transform your build. And you lose a Hex.

The familiar is basically irrelevant.

Why the hell does Shaman get nothing at level 20? So weird

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ditch Bloodrage ofc
Calm down Francis. You don’t have to play a Bloodrager. That’s literally the only class where that interaction would come up. Wait until you’ve played both to decide for yourself.

I’m not big on Skald either but if you’re using your Alch Bombs for damage instead of debuffs it should be perfect for you.
I do have to play BloodRager, that is my main character. But maybe I could try to respec him in town instead of removing Skald.

BTW, I got EverCold crossbow at end of first island chain, nice.. now I am thinking I need to make a character around this thing.. probably that cleric or oracle will get it.

EDIT: OK it seems I overreacted a bit. If I turn off Accept Rage when it is Bloodrager turn I can cast spells immediately but I lose Inspire Rage bonuses for 1 turn. Not great but I can live with that for those situations where I critically need to cast something after battle already started.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Does anyone know if this item:
Warden's CircletThis Headband of Mental Perfection +4 grants its wearer the ability to summon two Labyrinth Demodand Destroyers to fight on their side for 2 minutes twice per day.Act 5, Ineluctable Prison (Trickster dialogue option when speaking to Svendack for second time)
is available BEFORE switching to Legend, or AFTER? I want to get this item on my Legend character but I'm thinking perhaps it comes after the switch (when I will no longer be a Trickster, ofc)

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
Does anyone know if this item:
Warden's CircletThis Headband of Mental Perfection +4 grants its wearer the ability to summon two Labyrinth Demodand Destroyers to fight on their side for 2 minutes twice per day.Act 5, Ineluctable Prison (Trickster dialogue option when speaking to Svendack for second time)
is available BEFORE switching to Legend, or AFTER? I want to get this item on my Legend character but I'm thinking perhaps it comes after the switch.
Iirc Ineluctable prison is after you get back from the Abyss and get the choice to go Legend, but you may or may not be able to go to the prison before you've finished all of the quests to rid yourself of your previous path and become full Legend.

Yosharian

Arcane
Hmm I see. Unfortunate. I have a savegame that I got from someone, where they have the circlet and also are a Legend build. So, maybe it's possible? :philosoraptor:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom