Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Shadow Shaman seems ok too I guess but isn't having Ghost Touch on permanent tap more useful than a few Sneak dice? The ability to cheese one feat in order to obtain Shatter?

Ghost Touch looses a lot of its charm, when you realize Bane of Spirit ring exists.

Shadow Shaman is nice for Rowdy Vital Strike sheningans.
Ok but it's 6D6 Sneak dice, it's not going to transform your build. And you lose a Hex.

The familiar is basically irrelevant.

Why the hell does Shaman get nothing at level 20? So weird
Familiar isn’t irrelevant lol. You do understand that DOSII went taking turns because initiative was too good right? Still can’t understand why people ignore initiative. Most of my pics are against flat-footed and half the time I can’t remember why. My best guess is because I stack initiative.

And Shaman will be high Perception as well.

Good idea on a new class to at least level up an old save on the base class and take it for a spin to get a good idea what you’re giving up for each archetype.

Shadow should be solid if you’re fighting alot and use Double Axe to trigger more Sneaks.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Does anyone know if this item:
Warden's CircletThis Headband of Mental Perfection +4 grants its wearer the ability to summon two Labyrinth Demodand Destroyers to fight on their side for 2 minutes twice per day.Act 5, Ineluctable Prison (Trickster dialogue option when speaking to Svendack for second time)
is available BEFORE switching to Legend, or AFTER? I want to get this item on my Legend character but I'm thinking perhaps it comes after the switch (when I will no longer be a Trickster, ofc)
Do you lose Trickster immediately or only after completing Legend quests? Can’t remember.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Anyone know if Pummeling Charge combos with Sohei Weapon Training, i.e. can you flurry after a charge using a weapon instead of unarmed strikes?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Damn. And here I was getting my hopes up seeing the little gnome hellknight charging in on his dog to deliver a full attack with trips on each of them :negative:

Stoned Ape

Savant
Warden's CircletThis Headband of Mental Perfection +4 grants its wearer the ability to summon two Labyrinth Demodand Destroyers to fight on their side for 2 minutes twice per day.Act 5, Ineluctable Prison (Trickster dialogue option when speaking to Svendack for second time)
is available BEFORE switching to Legend, or AFTER? I want to get this item on my Legend character but I'm thinking perhaps it comes after the switch (when I will no longer be a Trickster, ofc)
Do you lose Trickster immediately or only after completing Legend quests? Can’t remember.
I think it happens after visiting the Fade to do the first part of the Legend upgrade, but I'm not 100% certain.

Desiderius

Patron
She should have been the STR-based 2H the game is missing.
I believe that Owlcat think that role is filled by Sosiel...
He's better than he looks but he has no Feats or Abilities to help him with that unlike Battle Spirit Shaman. His brother I guess but that's pretty late.

I think it happens after visiting the Fade to do the first part of the Legend upgrade, but I'm not 100% certain.
I loaded up a save in Ch5 where I've got Mythic 7 Trickster abilities and Legend Path quest active (go to Fane) so I guess you could leave it open for awhile to keep Trickster abilities/get that Ring. Not so sure it would work after transition even if you get it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Damn. And here I was getting my hopes up seeing the little gnome hellknight charging in on his dog to deliver a full attack with trips on each of them :negative:
You can keep him HK and give him Dimensional Hop + Domain Zealot for virtual Pounce. Pummeling Bully is one Trip IIRC, then you can get another from Style Strike usually on regular Unarmed Monks.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You can keep him HK and give him Dimensional Hop + Domain Zealot for virtual Pounce. Pummeling Bully is one Trip IIRC, then you can get another from Style Strike usually on regular Unarmed Monks.

I really want one mounted character to try it out, plan was to use him. Your idea sounds fun enough, just doesn't feat with my current team make up unfortunately.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
That is why pickpocket is the most powerful background. Going first is always a major advantage in TB combat.

Desiderius

Patron
time to restart the roguelike dlc for the fourth time out of aggressive build agnosticism
You need to run it multiple times anyways with different parties to reach end boss, no need to restart.
did you miss the word aggressive
That's where I put it on Easy to fast forward to unlock. Tho twelve more islands or whatever was still a slog.

That is why pickpocket is the most powerful background. Going first is always a major advantage in TB combat.
It's a good default but there are other specific things different classes can pick up from Backgrounds to save them a Feat or more of things like WIS to Intimidate that they may be interested in.

I really want one mounted character to try it out, plan was to use him. Your idea sounds fun enough, just doesn't feat with my current team make up unfortunately.
If you really want to get the most out of Mounted that's probably going to require your MC. I've got Daeran as my default Mounted dude and he can get pretty good Mobility but doesn't really have the Feats to really go off.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok after testing Skald and Bloodraged a bit more this is how things work. BloodRage and Inspired rage attack bonus does not stack but damage bonus does stack. Multiple rage powers from both are active although I have only tried stance from BloodRage and totem from Inspired rage. Bloodrage also has a Totem but it is Lesser Demon one that only gives specific resistances so I was not able to figure out if it stacks with Lesser Beast Totem that Inspired Rage gives (but Beast one was active, my BloodRager got two claw attacks from it, it stayed even after I turned on its BloodRage). So far the plan for Bloodrager to go Guarded Stance and Demon Totem, Skald is going Beast Totem and Lethal Stance and my 3rd guy that is going to be Invulnerable Rager (or Instinctual Warrior) will grab Reckless Stance and Inspire Ferocity so he can give that bonus back to others. In effect everyone will have both Lethal Stance and Reckless Stance while also being able to Pounce.
Now the question is if I want to go more AC with Instinctual Warrior or more damage with Invulnerable Rager . For Instinctual I was thinking to go Dex and Wis and grab exotic Elven Blade and go Mythic Finesse.

EDIT: Also found a good bug. When my Bloodrager has Inspired Rage on him, his Guarded Stance activates even if I don't have BloodRage active. I might need to try to activate BloodRage first and then Inspired Rage to see if totems stack.

If my above plan does not work, I will respec Skald into some kind of melee Bard.

Last edited:

Polanski

Scholar
Which companion would people recommend as my sixth? I'm going Ember, Arueshalae, Camellia, Regill because those seem like the most interesting. But I dunno about the last one. Any recommendations?
I have those + wenduag. Romancing her as well. It’s a nice group for an evilish lich.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have those + wenduag. Romancing her as well. It’s a nice group for an evilish lich.
Well, that was my plan for evil Lich - shove all hoes into the same party and enjoy the view when they'd bitch between each other for the right to participate in the Lich transformation ritual. Pity I had killed this save with excessive modding, but I'll definitely do it again in EE.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is anyone aware if there is a diagram or a tree representation of classes in Wrath, which descends from which? For example Oracle <- Cleric

Is anyone aware if there is a diagram or a tree representation of classes in Wrath, which descends from which? For example Oracle <- Cleric
You'd need some kind of 10-D matrix to represent things since so many classes and especially archetypes are mixing up several flavors of different classes.

Tsubutai

Educated
That's not trickster-exclusive, I got it as an angel. You just take it off the prison warden's corpse.

Yosharian

Arcane
That's not trickster-exclusive, I got it as an angel. You just take it off the prison warden's corpse.
Fantastic, thanks!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/
top 10 websites in terms of overall usefulness ratio relative to what it is

Fextralife's wiki is specific to wrath so I sometimes use it when I need WotR-specific info, but sometimes it is outdated and it is nowhere near as awesomely user-friendly as the SRD.

Desiderius

Patron
For class descriptions SRD is great.

Fextradeath is spamware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom