Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Thanks to Daidre's massive assistance (dude wouldn't even fucking accept a Steam gift after he helped me for hours, what a master) I actually got somewhere today, been spending almost the entire day on building and re-building, lol. Only missing the divine caster (honestly, navigating through the maze of options for MC and archer + deciding on one of the many mounted fighter builds I strung together took most of the time, Witch and Shieldbasher took maybe one hour total...).

As usual, feel free to shit on stuff and suggest corrections. Mythics especially could probably use work?

I'm pretty set in stone on the rough outlines of MC, Shieldbasher and Archer, but they could still be changed within that framework. Mounted dude I dunno about, I switched back and forth on many builds and ended up with some basic bitch shit, but there are so few ways to get Pounce.

Updated MC is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16qq--FuBKw86vLMhPajQMr8ij5zAvsSN4n1rsrcaTR8/edit?usp=sharing
Very little room to change stuff here except for moving aroud feats and maybe changing level 20. Mythic abilities could still be changed though.

Shieldbasher (Wenduag): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17JmUOooxLHscaDfGfuXMbXi0QZgYa4gPxBojQPnPYeg/edit?usp=sharing
I mean, it builds itself. Only decision really was "which class", and since I've never played Slayer even that was pretty easily decided when Daidre put it forward. It's the only one out of the four melees without Shatter Defenses, but hard to see where to fit it in.

Mounted fighter (Arushalae): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jmq5lxhOkjD9OtWyYr65hJ7TYndjnmFa2xsN0o0ZGxk/edit?usp=sharing
Ended up going in a totally different direction on this one... basically I decided I would like to have at least one Pouncer to see how it played with the mounts, and Mad Dog seemed the obvious solution, which required chaotic alignment. Feat starved as hell, but we got there. Less quirky than I would have liked but it's hard to see more room for experimentation. We tried some stuff with Urban Hunter and shit like that, but the feat space was just too tight.

Archer (Regill): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QKj4EaMitCJG_eaX8JSTCVO8Cf68bp_ziQLT3ZbhrT4/edit?usp=sharing
Sohei just seems hella cool what with Rapid Shot+Flurry. There are so many things I wanted to do with this build but Sohei requiring 11 levels made it difficult as fuck (that's why Magus is delayed until level 16 :'( ). There's probably a lot of room for improvement here, but I've tinkered with it for so long I've stared myself blind on it. Without Daidre the build would probably be even more fucked and mediocre than it already is (if I was optimizing the build would definetely be strictly better if built completely around snap shot - could even be mounted that way). But it looks fun.

Witch (Ember): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SdXbHmnFnQN7-MlmEY787Siy_Bm-HLp5FLxAZ-qEygo/edit#gid=0
ZZzzzZzzZZzZZZZzzzZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZ

oh and here's a skill matrix

AthleticsMain Char, Arushalae
MobilityWenduag, Regill, Arushalae
TrickeryMain Char
StealthWenduag, Arushalae
ArcanaMain Char, Ember
WorldEmber, Camellia
NatureRegill, Ember
ReligionEmber, Camellia
PerceptionRegill, Camellia
PersuasionMain Char
Use Magic DeviceEmber

Last edited:

Acrux

Arcane
Starting a new game now that EE is available, and the combat log is not showing any of the damage numbers. Before I send this as a bug:

1) does anyone know if this is a known issue?
2) is it possible there's some setting I've overlooked that needs to be toggled?

wotr.jpg

Stoned Ape

Savant
Witch (Ember): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SdXbHmnFnQN7-MlmEY787Siy_Bm-HLp5FLxAZ-qEygo/edit#gid=0
ZZzzzZzzZZzZZZZzzzZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzZzzzzZZZZzzZZZZzZZzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZ
Most of them look good to me!

I'm not sure about some of the order for Ember's hexes, though. Personally I'd want Evil Eye for the first Hex and Cackle immediately afterwards so you can extend its duration even when a target makes a save. Also, I'd generally not bother with Slumber if you're going for a full respec, it loses its utility early on.

Yosharian

Arcane
Starting a new game now that EE is available, and the combat log is not showing any of the damage numbers. Before I send this as a bug:

2) is it possible there's some setting I've overlooked that needs to be toggled?

wotr.jpg
I had the same problem, are you using any mods?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

wotr.jpg
Back up the saves, uninstall the game, install it back. No mods for at least 2 weeks after the patch release day.

And this is the shit Owlcat Games QA have to deal with...

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
Shieldbasher (Wenduag): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17JmUOooxLHscaDfGfuXMbXi0QZgYa4gPxBojQPnPYeg/edit?usp=sharing
I mean, it builds itself. Only decision really was "which class", and since I've never played Slayer even that was pretty easily decided when Daidre put it forward. It's the only one out of the four melees without Shatter Defenses, but hard to see where to fit it in.

Just noticed that you're doing a MAD version of the Slayer. You could choose to take the Ranger's Weapon and Shield style feats to ignore the prerequisites needed for TWF, ITWF, GTWF, and Shield Master (I think you can take it as early as level 6 with Ranger/Slayer) while allowing you to keep her as a STR focused character if you want to.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I gave up yesterday and started over, Core difficulty again.

Any recommendations for a Gendarme build? I don't need a full build, just some tips that come to your mind.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
pick a longspear
charge
dismount indoors and end them rightly.
That only works with Tabletop Tweaks, which makes longspears function as lances. Otherwise they are inferior weapons due to bad crit properties.
Until late Act 5 that is - there's a nice unique for chargers... but then the game is mostly over.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Just noticed that you're doing a MAD version of the Slayer. You could choose to take the Ranger's Weapon and Shield style feats to ignore the prerequisites needed for TWF, ITWF, GTWF, and Shield Master (I think you can take it as early as level 6 with Ranger/Slayer) while allowing you to keep her as a STR focused character if you want to.

I thought about it, but Combat Tricks do almost the same thing (except for the huge Dex cost of course). It's still less efficient and you pay a heavy MAD cost, but the upside is that full Slayer progression gives me advanced talents which are pretty fun.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok after testing Skald and Bloodraged a bit more this is how things work. BloodRage and Inspired rage attack bonus does not stack but damage bonus does stack. Multiple rage powers from both are active although I have only tried stance from BloodRage and totem from Inspired rage. Bloodrage also has a Totem but it is Lesser Demon one that only gives specific resistances so I was not able to figure out if it stacks with Lesser Beast Totem that Inspired Rage gives (but Beast one was active, my BloodRager got two claw attacks from it, it stayed even after I turned on its BloodRage). So far the plan for Bloodrager to go Guarded Stance and Demon Totem, Skald is going Beast Totem and Lethal Stance and my 3rd guy that is going to be Invulnerable Rager (or Instinctual Warrior) will grab Reckless Stance and Inspire Ferocity so he can give that bonus back to others. In effect everyone will have both Lethal Stance and Reckless Stance while also being able to Pounce.
Now the question is if I want to go more AC with Instinctual Warrior or more damage with Invulnerable Rager . For Instinctual I was thinking to go Dex and Wis and grab exotic Elven Blade and go Mythic Finesse.

EDIT: Also found a good bug. When my Bloodrager has Inspired Rage on him, his Guarded Stance activates even if I don't have BloodRage active. I might need to try to activate BloodRage first and then Inspired Rage to see if totems stack.

If my above plan does not work, I will respec Skald into some kind of melee Bard.
Just too add to this. Can confirm that Bloodrager got both Guardian Stance and Lethal Stance at same time from two rage sources.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Any recommendations for a Gendarme build? I don't need a full build, just some tips that come to your mind.
just steal Grunker's Mounted fighter (Arushalae) build from a bit above.
Not a fan of delaying Shatter Defenses so much. Normally I try to pick it till level 9. I guess here the Beast Totem is prioritized, but I think it's try to fit 2 Cockatrice Gendarme levels (free Dazzling Display) sooner.

The other thing is that I see a Totem, but no stance? Seems like a waste not to pick one?
Or do you plan to get it from another char? I think they stack, but I can see why you wouldn't want to exploit this.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

just steal Grunker's Mounted fighter (Arushalae) build from a bit above.
Not a fan of delaying Shatter Defenses so much. Normally I try to pick it till level 9. I guess here the Beast Totem is prioritized, but I think it's try to fit 2 Cockatrice Gendarme levels (free Dazzling Display) sooner.

The other thing is that I see a Totem, but no stance? Seems like a waste not to pick one?
Or do you plan to get it from another char? I think they stack, but I can see why you wouldn't want to exploit this.

Main Char gets Inspire Ferocity :)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
As for Shatter, Daidre said his breakpoint is usually 15, and I don't like Shatter much. Feels too much like a cookie cutter necessity. But you gotta pay the taxman on unfair, especially in a party this attack-focused :-D

I'm still worried about Shieldbasher not having it, but OTOH he has the full 20 BAB so maybe it's alright.

I'm flip-flopping between a new playthrough I started (where I basically already cleaned the first act at this point) and going back to my old incomplete playthrough, which I stopped while exploring the Midnight Fane.

Before I lose my sanity: is it possible to come back later to face Playful Darkness or this is my single chance to deal with it?

Jesus Christ, sometimes I freaking despise the way Owlcat does "over-tuned encounter design".

IllusiveBrian

Novice

wotr.jpg
I ran into this and turning off Damage Breakdowns (the mod) seemed to fix it, it looks like the base game has that functionality now anyway. Speaking of which, is it a known bug that Dragonheir Scion's Dazzling Display is still a full round action or should I test if that's being caused by a mod?

Stoned Ape

Savant

I thought about it, but Combat Tricks do almost the same thing (except for the huge Dex cost of course). It's still less efficient and you pay a heavy MAD cost, but the upside is that full Slayer progression gives me advanced talents which are pretty fun.
Sorry, didn't explain myself very well, I mean a Slayer can take a Ranger's combat style feats with their slayer talents rather than taking combat tricks.

This means you could do something like this (all Slayer):
STR 19 (+5) DEX 18 CON 16 INT 7 WIS 10 CHA 5
1 Shield Bash
2 TWF (Weapon and Shield Style- Slayer Talent)
3 Power Attack
4 Uncanny Dodge
5 Outflank
6 Shield Master
7 Improved TWF
8 Combat Reflexes
9 Imp Crit
10 Opportunist
11 Gt. TWF (temporarily wear a belt of dex +2 to qualify; you won't need to keep it on to still use the feat)
12 Bashing Finish

Etc.
Also means you don't need to take Shield Focus if you don't want it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Sorry, didn't explain myself very well, I mean a Slayer can take a Ranger's combat style feats with their slayer talents rather than taking combat tricks.

1 Shield Bash
3 Power Attack
4 Uncanny Dodge
5 Outflank
6 Shield Master
7 Improved TWF
8 Combat Reflexes
9 Imp Crit
10 Opportunist
11 Gt. TWF (temporarily wear a belt of dex +2 to qualify; you won't need to keep it on to still use the feat)
12 Bashing Finish

Etc.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that once I'm done with Camellia (finishing her up now). Regarding Shield Focus, I'm taking it to get the Mythic so it adds to Touch AC. Not worth?

Stoned Ape

Savant

1 Shield Bash
3 Power Attack
4 Uncanny Dodge
5 Outflank
6 Shield Master
7 Improved TWF
8 Combat Reflexes
9 Imp Crit
10 Opportunist
12 Bashing Finish

Etc.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that once I'm done with Camellia (finishing her up now). Regarding Shield Focus, I'm taking it to get the Mythic so it adds to Touch AC. Not worth?
I don't remember as much touch AC targeting going on late game as there is in Kingmaker. Most of the end-game enemies are big demons that spam area effect spells or hit very hard against armored AC. I also can't remember if the Mythic just adds the base shield AC to touch, or the enhancement bonus too (I think it's just base AC but I'm not 100%).

Most of the things that do target touch AC through the game are level-draining undead so Death Ward nullifies them. Shadows are the other big touch AC threat, but they're not that common either.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

1 Shield Bash
3 Power Attack
4 Uncanny Dodge
5 Outflank
6 Shield Master
7 Improved TWF
8 Combat Reflexes
9 Imp Crit
10 Opportunist
12 Bashing Finish

Etc.

I don't remember as much touch AC targeting going on late game as there is in Kingmaker. Most of the end-game enemies are big demons that spam area effect spells or hit very hard against armored AC. I also can't remember if the Mythic just adds the base shield AC to touch, or the enhancement bonus too (I think it's just base AC but I'm not 100%).

Most of the things that do target touch AC through the game are level-draining undead so Death Ward nullifies them. Shadows are the other big touch AC threat, but they're not that common either.

OK after looking at it your suggestion is absolutely fantastic. Earlier everything, and VERY earlier Shield Master. New Wenduag:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17JmUOooxLHscaDfGfuXMbXi0QZgYa4gPxBojQPnPYeg/edit#gid=0

I'm not going to belt-cheese GWF, feels too much like cheating :P

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

1 Shield Bash
3 Power Attack
4 Uncanny Dodge
5 Outflank
6 Shield Master
7 Improved TWF
8 Combat Reflexes
9 Imp Crit
10 Opportunist
12 Bashing Finish

Etc.

OK after looking at it your suggestion is absolutely fantastic. Earlier everything, and VERY earlier Shield Master. New Wenduag:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17JmUOooxLHscaDfGfuXMbXi0QZgYa4gPxBojQPnPYeg/edit#gid=0

I'm not going to belt-cheese GWF, feels too much like cheating :P
It's not cheating if you use Animal buffs instead to keep the high-ish Dex.

Yosharian

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom