Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
I picked this up during the sale as an impulse buy and I gotta say, I'm having a blast right now. I'm not very far into the game - just only did the Wardstone cleanserino - but so far I feel like this beats both PoE and PoE2 in every quantifiable category.
Not a very high bar, is it

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I picked this up during the sale as an impulse buy and I gotta say, I'm having a blast right now. I'm not very far into the game - just only did the Wardstone cleanserino - but so far I feel like this beats both PoE and PoE2 in every quantifiable category.
It's pretty great. I think Vek will get it there single-handedly eventually. They've shown some willingness to incorporate good mods so who knows they might end up fully developing it despite themselves.

I just want him to make Druid to be able to cast their Personal spells to their AC like in TT/CotW

ArchAngel

Arcane
Eh, I finally took my 3rd rage character into party and decided to take Powerful stance instead of Reckless one (I don't need more attack bonus and AC penalty could be nasty with later enemies) since Instinctual Warrior has no bonus damage while Raging. But now during combat it is getting no bonus damage from it :(
Description says it should be unnamed bonus so it is either not stacking with Good Hope or does not work at all.. I have reported it to devs.. I will probably need to respec into Reckless or maybe go full defense and take Guarded.
Powerful Stance? :philosoraptor:
Yes. Instinctual Warrior has good AC and he is getting Lethal stance from Skald. Last option is Reckless but my attack bonus is already into mid 20s at lvl 8 and it will go way higher in time so I don't need reckless.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Holy fuckballs Unfair is balls hard in the beginning. The only somewhat recent comparable RPG experience that comes to mind is Pillars 2 (Gorrecci Street and Drake fight on POTD).

I really kicked myself in the balls with the early respec, lol. You damned near need some pets or Hex shennanigans for these fights. I'm missing Camellia's protection buff for tanking, for example. The only reason it's not totally impossible is 'Bit of Luck' from Luck domain.

After much shellacking I think I have three fights left: the water elemental which I'm pretty sure I can manage with the Haste-potion (even though the crit immunity really kicks my teeth in). The boss fight which, I dunno about, haven't really put much thought into it yet.

And then the motherfucking Mongrel Brute (these fuckers let me tell you...) + Mongrel Ranger + Corrupted Mongrel + Motherfucking Mongrel Guard with 26AC and 80HP all in one fight

4e1.gif

To make her a crusader, you retrain her when you get to the Inn, right? Hence it doesn't matter what I choose for her at level 2?

I use the respec mod. Vanilla respec can’t reset to level 0.
Meh. Ok, not judging, nvm :)

judge away idgaf lol

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, I can hardly imagine doing the Shield Maze on Hard without Protective Luck... much less on Unfair.

Later in Act 1 Ember's Slumber is also very valuable. Prep the enemy with Daeran's Demoralize, Cam's Evil Eye saving throws and then you can enjoy fairly good success rate on Slumber.
Then a x3-x4 crit weapon and Coup the Grace away...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok but what is powerful stance
The Barbarian can focus her ferocity. She gains a +1 bonus on melee damage rolls and thrown weapon damage rolls. This bonus increases by 1 for every 4 levels the Barbarian has.
This is a stance Rage Power. A Barbarian can't have more than one stance Rage Power active at a time. If she activates a stance Rage Power while another one is active, the current stance immediately ends.
Has upgrades called Crippling Blows and Wrecking Blows. One reduces enemy attack and fort saves, other gives even more bonus damage.

Tsubutai

Educated
The water elemental can be cheesed by giving everyone ranged weapons, leading it to the cambion room where you find radiance, and spending several minutes running around the central pit peppering it with arrows. It's much more fun to beat it 'honestly' but that'd be one way to conserve resources if you're in trouble. I think the Haste potion is best saved for the boss fight.

And yeah, even a character having 40-odd AC in the shield maze will eat shit to natural 20s on unfair if you don't have protective luck.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The water elemental can be cheesed by giving everyone ranged weapons, leading it to the cambion room where you find radiance, and spending several minutes running around the central pit peppering it with arrows

I actually tried this, but it is incredibly tedious on Unfair - you deal 1-2 damage and miss alot. I'm going to see if I can't beat it honestly, I got VERY close in my tests earlier, and that was before I had the haste potion. WIth that, it should be possible.

I think the Haste potion is best saved for the boss fight.

Is it harder than Water Elemental in your opinion? Because I haven't exhausted all options with the elemental, so I miiiiight be able to kill it without Haste... I will definetely need to use the Enlarge Persons though.

And yeah, even a character having 40-odd AC in the shield maze will eat shit to natural 20s on unfair if you don't have protective luck.

The main problem is the double damage, which is also my least favourite bit of Unfair. It guarantees oneshots from some creatures this early.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is it harder than Water Elemental in your opinion? Because I haven't exhausted all options with the elemental, so I miiiiight be able to kill it without Haste... I will definetely need to use the Enlarge Persons though.
Final Boss has two variants, depending on whether you took Wendu or Lann with you. Wendu's version is easier than elemental, Lann's is random-fest on Unfair.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I took Wendu. Don’t think I can save Lann though. Boss seems to one-shot him when he foolishly AAs in melee range :lol:

Also is the TB AI worse in Wrath? It never seems to use Charge

ArchAngel

Arcane
I took Wendu. Don’t think I can save Lann though. Boss seems to one-shot him when he foolishly AAs in melee range :lol:

Charge in general is hard to use due to many things blocking it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Obviously. But enemies are never using it - even when they clearly could. At least in the Shield maze.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Which, speaking of... whytf is it called a maze? I kept thinking they were talking about some dungeon coming after this one, which has nothing to do with a maze. It's a sleeping room, a meeting hall, a few closets, a ritual room and a cellar. I like the dungeon well enough but what does it have to do with a maze

Tsubutai

Educated
I found the elemental easier (although longer), but that was with a tank shielded with protective luck who basically never got hit, allowing Cam to dip in and out of melee range and hit it with all the inflict wounds spells and potions you collect in the dungeon while chanting to keep protective luck going (all glory to the five-foot step). IME, Hosilla and the quasits she spawns in the second phase of her fight were more likely to target someone other than the tank.

razvedchiki

Magister
is there a way to increase the spell slots of brown fur transmuters?
also as a loremaster the spell lead blades is not available for picking from the loremaster druid spell list, is it a bug?

Tsubutai

Educated
also as a loremaster the spell lead blades is not available for picking from the loremaster druid spell list, is it a bug?
Lead blades and hurricane bow are both ranger spells afaik and are not on the druid list.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Lead blades and hurricane bow are both ranger spells afaik and are not on the druid list.
Hurricane bow is available on wizard/sorc and eldritch scoundrel spell lists. Not sure about Eldritch Archer/other magi. Lead Blades is exclusive to rangers, hunters and Ironsoul Oreads, though.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Which, speaking of... whytf is it called a maze? I kept thinking they were talking about some dungeon coming after this one, which has nothing to do with a maze. It's a sleeping room, a meeting hall, a few closets, a ritual room and a cellar. I like the dungeon well enough but what does it have to do with a maze
Have you read any of the conversations? Have you exhausted all NPC dialogues? Have you paid attention to what the main hero asked Wenduag about this dungeon?

If yes, then you already know. If not, then all hail Baphomet, for His plan works.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have you read any of the conversations? Have you exhausted all NPC dialogues? Have you paid attention to what the main hero asked Wenduag about this dungeon?

If yes, then you already know. If not, then all hail Baphomet, for His plan works.
No it is not a mazing.

razvedchiki

Magister
i can get hurricane bow from the druid list, though im not sure its vanilla or was added with the tabletop tweaks mod i use.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
No, Hurricane Bow is a pretty common buff, also in vanilla (and a BFT can share it if you have an archer-heavy party).

Lead blades is another story.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Obviously. But enemies are never using it - even when they clearly could. At least in the Shield maze.
I have seen one enemy using it yesterday in DLC3. I think that is only one I remember doing it. I think the set of combinations for it is too complicated for AI.
They designate a primary target, then try to move and attack. They will charge only if they cannot do it and they can charge their designated target.

Players unlike AI will check who they can charge and then choose one of those targets.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

AI won't charge if it cannot find a clear path to your low AC ranged units, only exception is minotaur enemies that charge through our ranks. (and mostly die to all AoO they trigger along the way)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom