Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok but what is powerful stance
The Barbarian can focus her ferocity. She gains a +1 bonus on melee damage rolls and thrown weapon damage rolls. This bonus increases by 1 for every 4 levels the Barbarian has.
This is a stance Rage Power. A Barbarian can't have more than one stance Rage Power active at a time. If she activates a stance Rage Power while another one is active, the current stance immediately ends.
Has upgrades called Crippling Blows and Wrecking Blows. One reduces enemy attack and fort saves, other gives even more bonus damage.
Ahhh right. I totally forgot about that one. Yeah it's alright I guess, if you don't want Guarded Stance.
At lvl 8 Instinctual Warrior is already reaching my pet in terms of AC with no special investments beyond Dodge, it is pretty good. And there are so many stuff yet I can take later

Delterius

Arcane
a) it used to be a maze but then half the city collapsed into it and now its more like a corridor

Always a good idea as an entertainment producer to set up something epic and then deliver something way more boring but with a plausible excuse - I'm sure that won't get any comments!
the studio did not deliver? you've fallen into my trap. behold

d) the real maze was the new free camera all along

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
a) it used to be a maze but then half the city collapsed into it and now its more like a corridor

Always a good idea as an entertainment producer to set up something epic and then deliver something way more boring but with a plausible excuse - I'm sure that won't get any comments!
the studio did not deliver? you've fallen into my trap. behold

d) the real maze was the new free camera all along

verdammt, du hast mich

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You still get Sicken even on made save with Destructive so it would be a nice effect if CLs weren't so high on the Dispel itself. Very difficult to reliably Dispel anything without Mythic Path helping.
It's not too bad now that you can get +3 CL from the DLC robe - any level 20 caster can reach a CL of 26 on greater dispel, which is enough to remove Areelu's buffs with a few casts.

As for raising DC, it's pretty easy if you abuse Expanded Arsenal; if you don't take that option, you need to pick schools and spell types that are well-supported by gear. There's quite a lot of stuff to support Enchantment and Illusion and a decent amount of stuff for certain kinds of evocations, but Conjuration, Transmutation, Abjuration, and Necromancy get kind of stiffed.
Most of the game takes place before level 20 lol.

he hits on 2+
:hmmm:

Maybe Unfair isn't really for you rn.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
he hits on 2+

Dunno what's with the emoji, because: maybe it's not, and what would be wrong with that..? If I legitimately couldn't beat Unfair, it would only make me happy. I'd much rather have challenge be too high than too low like with Kingmaker. It's not gonna make go copy someone else's megabuild with 80AC, though. Gonna have to deal with it myself or turn down the diff.

But let's see. I'm pretty close.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I couldn't give a toss about achievements. Nothing is going to make me turn on double incoming damage. That shit is obnoxious af
Game has a lot of tools to deal with that (Last Stand obv, but tons of temporary HPs, AoE AC, Parry stopping nat 20s, crit immunity abilities, etc - Protective Luck is a little bit of a trap but sometimes necessary) but people don’t seem to be using those instead of just kiting/voltronning/rocket tag/savescum/one-weird-trickism.

I guess if that’s your thing but tinman with using everything at your disposal and kicking up difficulty as you gain mastery is something the game is well-suited for and something I find more gratifying. If I were younger that would be Unfair with double damage starting around lvl ten I think. As it is skills are slipping and don’t have the time I once did, so Core+/Hard is fine challenge.

Desiderius

Patron
You can get the +6 CL from feats/gear, which is the important thing for dispelling reliably, at the start of Act 3.
Not sure how easy Islands are at lvl ten? Will be nice to have before Fane no doubt.

Soseil now comes with Heavy Armor Proficiency instead of Medium Armor Focus!!!!

Enhanced Edition is totally worth it for that alone!
I think I’ve seen Sosiel get attacked like five times max ever. And I like Comradery on him. Should have given him Evo Focus or Spell Pen. He’s not tanking even with Heavy.

Desiderius

Patron
he hits on 2+

Dunno what's with the emoji, because: maybe it's not, and what would be wrong with that..? If I legitimately couldn't beat Unfair, it would only make me happy. I'd much rather have challenge be too high than too low like with Kingmaker. It's not gonna make go copy someone else's megabuild with 80AC, though. Gonna have to deal with it myself or turn down the diff.

Whole game’s going to be a massive slog with double damage and no AC. Owlcat uses bosses to prepare you for coming attractions.

Desiderius

Patron
But the *~feels~*, Desi!
Feels bad man.

P:K Unfair is somewhere between Core and Hard in Wrath. They already took care of you. Game’s too long to be reloading all the time. Defensive skills/skill boosting abilities also add challenge (due to the opportunity cost of not loading up on every conceivable offensive ability) while reducing variance.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
he hits on 2+

Whole game’s going to be a massive slog with double damage and no AC. Owlcat uses bosses to prepare you for coming attractions.

Kingmaker was much, much, MUCH harder in the early game than later. Is that not true here? Even if the redt of WotR is har thank Kingmaker, I assumed difficulty would still drop. And you seem to confirm it as you turn up difficulty later yourself?

If I ackknowledge I can’t beat Unfair I have no qualms about turning difficulty down

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
But the *~feels~*, Desi!
Feels bad man.

P:K Unfair is somewhere between Core and Hard in Wrath. They already took care of you. Game’s too long to be reloading all the time. Defensive skills/skill boosting abilities also add challenge (due to the opportunity cost of not loading up on every conceivable offensive ability) while reducing variance.

The feels comment was in reference to Stones Apes post

Desiderius

Patron
he hits on 2+

Kingmaker was much, much, MUCH harder in the early game than later. Is that not true here? Even if the redt of WotR is har thank Kingmaker, I assumed difficulty would still drop. And you seem to confirm it as you turn up difficulty later yourself?

If I ackknowledge I can’t beat Unfair I have no qualms about turning difficulty down
You *can* if you reload enough. But no if you’re running around naked Wrath isn’t getting easier any time soon.

It’s only easier in the sense that you get your abilities. The abilities that let me eventually turn up the difficulty are largely defensive. Does anybody else use Burst of Glory or Inspire Greatness or Inspiring Command/HK Aura on Reg? Parry?

Obv other people are playing Unfair so they’re creating an unbeatable Voltron or Sirocco kiting or nuking everything or whatever so maybe you can rocket tag by then too, but its going to be a very long slog to get there.

Wrath Unfair gives (much) bigger bonuses than P:K and mobs have more nasty shot they can do.

Last edited:

Tsubutai

Educated

If you can get past shield maze you'll be fine, the only other fight that is similarly difficult for its level is the gargoyle cave in act 2.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can get the +6 CL from feats/gear, which is the important thing for dispelling reliably, at the start of Act 3.
Not sure how easy Islands are at lvl ten? Will be nice to have before Fane no doubt.

Soseil now comes with Heavy Armor Proficiency instead of Medium Armor Focus!!!!

Enhanced Edition is totally worth it for that alone!
I think I’ve seen Sosiel get attacked like five times max ever. And I like Comradery on him. Should have given him Evo Focus or Spell Pen. He’s not tanking even with Heavy.
He was secondary tank in my party. Glaive + Enlarge Person and he attacks from 2nd row and blocks access to squishes in the back.

ArchAngel

Arcane
he hits on 2+

WotR difficulty drops is way less than in Kingmaker. Also it goes up a lot in certain fights and at end can be hard for some builds and there is no Blind Fight as a easy way to remove difficulty like you can in Kingmaker with House enemies.

Desiderius

Patron

If you can get past shield maze you'll be fine, the only other fight that is similarly difficult for its level is the gargoyle cave in act 2.
Not with no AC he won’t. A generation of minds is a terrible thing to waste on one-weird-trickism. Cranking up the difficulty all the way then finding the few abilities that aren’t garbage to own it (and the newbs) is something you had to do during the phonegame era. Here’s Rosewater trying to rationalize that design philosophy:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-2002-01-28

He later figured out this was crap and MtG doesn’t make intentionally bad cards anymore. PF ruleset is designed with the opposite philosophy. It’s not Soyer-style balanse but it does give you a wealth of effective tools to attack the game without gimmicks and endless reloads if you look for them. Also facilitates great replayability, though ypur options are of course more limited on Unfair, especially if like me your playskill isn’t world-class.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
(Gargs have Smite Good so bring non-Good characters. This is why they give you more than five companions.)

Rieser

Scholar
Yeah no, fuck Unfair. At the end of the day I'm here to have fun, not work, and the latter is very much what it feels like when you're forced to cheese and/or follow various metas. Core/Hard is challenging enough while leaving room for having fun with builds etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom