Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
duality of conjuration and summoning seems completely busted
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.
I love that Lost Chapel looks like a linear plot location when you arrive when in reality it's a fuckhueg map full of side content. Structurally, this game is kind of bizarre lol

You can (and probably should) come back for the side content (same with Leper Cave).

I'm almost done with the map - on Corruption level 1. Duality-thingy is a real carry at this level and I have Last Stand on MC now.
But did you find the lich cave?

user

Savant
FYI Death's gift (undead bloodline damage reduction) doesn't seem to stack with any other sources like Indestructible bones (lich power) or the adaptation buff from the Broken Trickster mask, in vanilla (hit by a normal weapon). :negative:
Edit: but just tested One of us (undead bloodline last passive) and it does stack. So everything is fine in the world again.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
duality of conjuration and summoning seems completely busted
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.
I love that Lost Chapel looks like a linear plot location when you arrive when in reality it's a fuckhueg map full of side content. Structurally, this game is kind of bizarre lol

You can (and probably should) come back for the side content (same with Leper Cave).

I'm almost done with the map - on Corruption level 1. Duality-thingy is a real carry at this level and I have Last Stand on MC now.
But did you find the lich cave?

I did indeed

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
(1) Best Dispel in game (Mythic Trickery 2)
(2) Infused Personal Spells/Potions (and Potions Enhanced/Extended*, also get Brew Potions from UC that Grenadier lost)
(3) Free Finesse/Dex-to-damage from UC, Martial Prof from Grenadier (perfect Kukri set-up)
(4) Double Bombs from Grenadier Alchemical Weapon, Sneaks (with Weakening/Debilitating) on Bombs from UC
(5) Melee turns on Feral Mutagen/Wings, Keen Kitsune (ideal stat bonuses) gives Pounce, good melee saves Bombs for when Touch is needed, Alchemical Weapon can also put Bombs on weapon attax

Dips are good!

* - turns on crappy found potions like Scroll Savant does with Scrolls
If you go Trickster UMD III then they get a full Wizard spellbook book, use any item, and infinite wands.
TTT Perception 3 is pretty hard to pass up.

Greater Trick is pretty late. Trickster's more about regular and improved tricks.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
IMO, everything through Drezen is really strong. Then it loses a lot of focus once the crusade kicks into high gear and getting anywhere takes forever. Alush*** would resolve that, content-wise, if I didn't hate the mechanics.

Yeah I completely lost steam halfway through act 4.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I remember stopped playing this because after you escape from city you get on the map and you have to fight HOMM3 alike battles, but shittier. Can you disable that without messing the game?
No, and this is by design. If you do not like the strategic layer then don't play Owlcat games. There are plenty of Assassin's Creeds in the making.

Desiderius

Patron
I remember stopped playing this because after you escape from city you get on the map and you have to fight HOMM3 alike battles, but shittier. Can you disable that without messing the game?
Vatnik-level take. Social contagion is a helluva drug.

So apparently for the tailwind that adds bludgeoning damage Earth kinetic blast is not bludgeoning enough. Despite the fact that in the log it is written as "Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing". Version 1.4.4g - so maybe it has already been fixed.

OK, Owlcat.
Slashing Tailwind doesn't work on natural weapons either, even though they all have all 3 damage types. I'd guess the consistent rule is that the weapon has to have only one type of damage which matches the tailwind, but I'm sure there's some counterexample that works.
It probably works on pet attacks. For some reason pet natural attacks get all three but player's don't. Same reason Crusader's Edge works for pets but usually not for players.

Desiderius

Patron
So apparently for the tailwind that adds bludgeoning damage Earth kinetic blast is not bludgeoning enough. Despite the fact that in the log it is written as "Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing". Version 1.4.4g - so maybe it has already been fixed.

OK, Owlcat.
Slashing Tailwind doesn't work on natural weapons either, even though they all have all 3 damage types. I'd guess the consistent rule is that the weapon has to have only one type of damage which matches the tailwind, but I'm sure there's some counterexample that works.
It probably works on pet attacks. For some reason pet natural attacks get all three but player's don't. Same reason Crusader's Edge works for pets but usually not for players.

Was trying out the cleric/angel merge OP build in DLC3 only to find out that there's a fucking forced loss right when the build starts being fun to play. How lame. On the one hand I want to continue with that build but replaying levels 1-11ish with it would probably be boring. Is there a mod to reduce the number of islands per expedition to 2-3 rather than 5? Everything except the final island with the boss is kind of filler anyway. Don't know how I'm going to stomache what looks to be ~30 hours of this to see the end.

Also is there a WotR class/build randomizer somewhere on the interwebs? Might be more interesting to go with random sub-optimal builds through core or hard rather than push the difficulty up to Unfair and run the same old shit again.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If there's one thing I have to criticize this game for it's the complete lack of pacing. It's almost more like Icewind Dale than its predecessor in terms of structure. I've had almost no dialogue/exploration breaks from the constant waves of combat, whereas Kingmaker had a pretty well-paced cycles. As a combagfag I quite it enjoy it, I suppose, but I wonder what made them decide this. I could see why others might sour on this point

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
lol, best strat against Sarkorian Ghost has got to be killing him on his own Blade Barrier
Best strat is to win initiative and butcher it before it can cast something annoying. Ghost Touch weapons (including Finnean) are helpful... but not necessary if you have the Bane of Spirit ring.

Also, am I the only one who played these games for over a year under the impression that Last Azlanti was actually Ironman? Honestly what's the point if you still get to reload your save, that barely matters for normal gameplay in WotR or Kingmaker outside of the few instances in which you are locked into an area and can't get out (I guess it matters a little more in Kingmaker since the timer is more of an issue but still). Makes all these supposed "Last Azlanti Unfair difficulty" builds infinitely less impressive.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So what Inquisitor subclass is best for melee build? Best attack and best damage. Mythic skills give you unlimited judgement?
Can some Warpriest do better?
Sanctified Slayer IMO.
Its likely that a Warpriest can do better in short bursts, particularly Cult Leader, but Inquisitor has Domains with their über buffs and access to stuff like Animal Domain and Travel PLUS is a much better skill monkey.
sanctified slayer that i have tried is good, gets studied target/sneak attack/bane.
looses judgement.
Base class has Bane. Slayer also gets some Slayer Talents, but very backloaded.
Sanctified Slayer gets Bane as well.
I already played Sanctified, while he is nice, I think judgments are better if there are no limits. Also Swift compared to Studied that you need to sneak or spend move for most of the game.
I think the cases when you want to manually apply Studied are few and far apart. You should have good odds to land your first attack, mount ensures its a sneak attack versus enemies not immune and then Studied is active for the iteratives.
1st round you spend Swift for Bane. 2nd round is usually already mop-up. At this point you activate one Judgement effect? Not a fan of such tempo.

Desiderius

Patron
So what Inquisitor subclass is best for melee build? Best attack and best damage. Mythic skills give you unlimited judgement?
Can some Warpriest do better?
Sanctified Slayer IMO.
Its likely that a Warpriest can do better in short bursts, particularly Cult Leader, but Inquisitor has Domains with their über buffs and access to stuff like Animal Domain and Travel PLUS is a much better skill monkey.
sanctified slayer that i have tried is good, gets studied target/sneak attack/bane.
looses judgement.
Base class has Bane. Slayer also gets some Slayer Talents, but very backloaded.
Sanctified Slayer gets Bane as well.
I already played Sanctified, while he is nice, I think judgments are better if there are no limits. Also Swift compared to Studied that you need to sneak or spend move for most of the game.
I think the cases when you want to manually apply Studied are few and far apart. You should have good odds to land your first attack, mount ensures its a sneak attack versus enemies not immune and then Studied is active for the iteratives.
1st round you spend Swift for Bane. 2nd round is usually already mop-up. At this point you activate one Judgement effect? Not a fan of such tempo.
I think the idea is that you’re not going to have enough Bane rounds for all the DLC fights but w/unlimited Judgments you can activate it every fight.

Delterius

Arcane
"Oh man the the rogue like mode is so cool I wanna try a sneak dice damage build now!"

"How about 3 straight elemental islands?"

ebd.jpg

Tsubutai

Educated
If there's one thing I have to criticize this game for it's the complete lack of pacing. It's almost more like Icewind Dale than its predecessor in terms of structure. I've had almost no dialogue/exploration breaks from the constant waves of combat, whereas Kingmaker had a pretty well-paced cycles. As a combagfag I quite it enjoy it, I suppose, but I wonder what made them decide this. I could see why others might sour on this point
For better or worse there's quite a bit more of the non-combat stuff in acts 3-5 as you form various councils to manage different aspects of the crusade and playing amateur psychotherapist for all the NPC companions.

IllusiveBrian

Novice

OK, Owlcat.
In my current playthrough it is not applying to pets. With that said I had to reapply the tailwind with Toybox after the pet died so that could be causing the issue.

Yosharian

Arcane
Not if they have Improved Uncanny Dodge

Desiderius

Patron
"Oh man the the rogue like mode is so cool I wanna try a sneak dice damage build now!"

"How about 3 straight elemental islands?"

ebd.jpg
TTT Perception 2 Mythic Trick bypasses Precision Immunity.

:kingcomrade:

Plus Elemedulls aren't mind-immune.

You can turn it to auto mode yeah
As with P:K KM doing this is fraught with peril. I got into some kind of loop where I couldn't advance main quest when I tried auto mode. The HoMM piece isn't bad enough to get cheap Reddit pwns by slagging it after playing it five minutes. They fixed the major drawback of P:K KM by adding a comprehensive tutorial that walks you through how to do it and the point of what you're doing is much less opaque than it was in P:K too. Biggest problem with it is the faceroll they evidently felt they had to reduce it to due to all the retards refusing to learn how it works.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The crusader mode is mind-numbingly boring and superflous so far. Never thought something could be less engaging than Kingdom Management but here we are

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Act2 is by far the worst act for this imo. The backtoback combat at the end is insane. Oh, you did a 3 hour dungeon just after a 2 hour ambush dungeon? BAM have another 2 hours of dungeon!
The crusader mode is mind-numbingly boring and superflous. Never thought something could be less engaging than Kingdom Management but here we are
Did you get to act 3 yet? The act2 crusade is a kind of tutorial, in act3 you get kingdom management style random events, settlements to build, some control over your army composition....

It's never great, but I still think the game is better off with it than without.
Biggest problem with it is the faceroll they evidently felt they had to reduce it to due to all the retards refusing to learn how it works.
Eh, arguably yeah, but I think the problems go deeper. The way the healing tent works, ie allowing you to do every combat losslessly, is a major culprit. I also think the balancing is all over the place, with units like marksmen outputting infinite dps whereas shieldbearers may as well not bother attacking half the time.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nah, far from Act 3, I just reached Drezen. We’re in full campaign mode so I only play from laptop and only when we have breaks so from hotel rooms or in the backrooms of TV stations lol

Btw is there any order you must do Drezen in? I’ve sort of just taken a random path and it feels kind of directionsless

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom