Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Drovier also Polymorphs team with Aspects which turns on Polymorph Mythic.

Haven’t tested this specifically, but know it worked on that UC/Grenadier.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
having nu-linzi be the betrayer is kindda brilliant tbh, not so much because it's surprising, just because of all the players going "yay, new linzi!"

That's actually quite amazing, is that an untyped bonus? Even if everyone has to take it as a mythic ability +4/+4/+4 at MR 1 is an incredible pick. Especially in an AoO-focused group where even dexterity is useful with combat reflexes for more AoOs per turn.

Desiderius

Patron
Well, it could be pretty bad with TTT, as it'd suppress size stat buffs.
Those are awkward Mounted in any case, especially with Reach, although that may have been adjusted since I was trying it. But yes, that consideration is a factor in my current playthrough.

Desiderius

Patron
That's actually quite amazing, is that an untyped bonus? Even if everyone has to take it as a mythic ability +4/+4/+4 at MR 1 is an incredible pick. Especially in an AoO-focused group where even dexterity is useful with combat reflexes for more AoOs per turn.
It’s good but not incredible. You get enough stats so I prefer game-changing abilities for Mythics, plus there’s the size issues in TTT. But yeah even I make exceptions for AoE stuff (though you’re still burning a lot of Mythics).

I already have everyone in the party able to cast spells except cavalier and a Drovier would only add to that, so sacrificing an Abundant Casting would be a fairly small loss. I'm already seeing way more stat inflation than I'm used to thanks to Brown Fur Transmuter, another +4 would make things feel pretty silly. Already picked Freebooter though.

Desiderius

Patron
Also +30 (20?) Speed. Perfect for Zerg Charges from Stealth.

Been playing TB and evidently Mounted Archers can’t Charge with Mount because Mount doesn’t get a turn. Would need a CM or Touch Attack (or just a Move Action I guess) for the Archer to close to melee range. In RTwP can just Charge with the Mount.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
having nu-linzi be the betrayer is kindda brilliant tbh, not so much because it's surprising, just because of all the players going "yay, new linzi!"
But did you manage to figure it out and reveal her before going to drezen?
Also,
Galfrey incompetence counter: +1

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
But did you manage to figure it out and reveal her before going to drezen?
Also,
Galfrey incompetence counter: +1

Nah, my MC doesn't have any of the relevant skills, but when they said there was a traitor I thought about my crew and besides Anevia she was the only one that would make for a "say whaaaaat" moment, so not too hard to figure out

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I did like it though, don't mistake me. It's build up very well in terms of structure, from the moment you hear her slave story you're like "something's missing here, why is she so carefree about her slave status" so it doesn't come out up the blue, it makes sense on some fantasy level. In general I'm kind of suffering from cognitive dissonance with the writing when comparing it to Kingmaker:

- On the one hand, I enjoy some of the writing much more. The main plot, the characters in it, and even some of the companions the way their mysteries are set up. Yeah it's disgustingly high fantasy but I'd rather have something that embraces that fully than try something with more ambitious without having the ability. So often I'm sitting there enjoying the writing much more than Kingmaker - which, while it did get interesting near the end, everything leading up that last chapter, story-wise, was incredibly boring.

- On the other hand, when this writing gets bad, it gets... oh my. Everything sexual said by a companion, a lot of the "dramatic moments" etc. aren't just cringe-inducing, they can arrive completely out of the blue with no build-up (like Irabeth's waivering) and seem to be there because the character needed its "challenges and temptations"-moment from the monomyth. The sex stuff reminds me of this meme from one of my favourite centrist meme sites:

n9jRX0K.jpg

Like, if you know "sex positive" people, the way e.g. Wenduag talks about her fetisch is exactly like these people would talk. I'm not judging, I'm just saying it sticks out like a sore thumb when you take that kind of prose and put it into a fantasy world in a story about demons invading.

It's cringe in every definition of the word, and you can't help suspecting that some of these writers Care Very Deeply About Sex Positivity and completely lack the ability to sell those points with more subtlety than just having these characters blankly stating their sexual desires.

So the obvious conclusions is there were many different writers and one or two were obviously more skilled than the rest; because some plotlines have proper setup, dramatic moments and payoffs, while others are all over the place.

Desiderius

Patron
I did like it though, don't mistake me. It's build up very well in terms of structure, from the moment you hear her slave story you're like "something's missing here, why is she so carefree about her slave status" so it doesn't come out up the blue, it makes sense on some fantasy level. In general I'm kind of suffering from cognitive dissonance with the writing when comparing it to Kingmaker:

- On the one hand, I enjoy some of the writing much more. The main plot, the characters in it, and even some of the companions the way their mysteries are set up. Yeah it's disgustingly high fantasy but I'd rather have something that embraces that fully than try something with more ambitious without having the ability. So often I'm sitting there enjoying the writing much more than Kingmaker - which, while it did get interesting near the end, everything leading up that last chapter, story-wise, was incredibly boring.

- On the other hand, when this writing gets bad, it gets... oh my. Everything sexual said by a companion, a lot of the "dramatic moments" etc. aren't just cringe-inducing, they can arrive completely out of the blue with no build-up (like Irabeth's waivering) and seem to be there because the character needed its "challenges and temptations"-moment from the monomyth. The sex stuff reminds me of this meme from one of my favourite centrist meme sites:

n9jRX0K.jpg

Like, if you know "sex positive" people, the way e.g. Wenduag talks about her fetisch is exactly like these people would talk. I'm not judging, I'm just saying it sticks out like a sore thumb when you take that kind of prose and put it into a fantasy world in a story about demons invading.

It's cringe in every definition of the word, and you can't help suspecting that some of these writers Care Very Deeply About Sex Positivity and completely lack the ability to sell those points with more subtlety than just having these characters blankly stating their sexual desires.

So the obvious conclusions is there were many different writers and one or two were obviously more skilled than the rest; because some plotlines have proper setup, dramatic moments and payoffs, while others are all over the place.
Judge.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

n9jRX0K.jpg

Judge.

Nah, I'm a godless, Scandinaviscum heathen, my God-fearing friend

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Also, Kingmaker did do a pretty good job at making its world HUEG by constantly referring to how other states and peoples viewed the affairs of your nation - often having throne room events, quests etc. reference that.

In comparison WotR feels kind of small so far, but I only just finished Drezen so maybe the game will scale up now.

Tsubutai

Educated

Haven’t tested this specifically, but know it worked on that UC/Grenadier.
Hmmm, when I tested it with Greater Animal Aspect, it didn't trigger the Mythic Shapeshifter bonuses.

Desiderius

Patron
If you choose Demon in Maze Wenduag arc makes a lot more sense, it's just gated behind a "sure I'll side with the cannibals eating the Crusader" C&C choice. BTW, Tower ghosts attack you instead of buffing you if you choose Demon in Maze.

Desiderius

Patron
Gives whole group Angelic Aura.

Tower is manageable before Defense if you can pass a high Mobility check and have decent Stealth/Athletics.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, my lvl 10 lich sorcerer just got lvl 3 lich and became lvl 13 sorc and got spells as lvl 13 sorc, not just access to Lich spells. Don't know if that is a bug or what is happening.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same. Started autoleveling the premade sorc in inevitable excess and got level 6 sorc spells while at level 10.

With all the old bugs that got reintroduced along with this, I wonder if they messed up at some point and reverted to an older build of the game? Someone should check if other old fun stuff that got patched out of the game was added back in, like Elemental Barrage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom