Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think exploiter wizard can get more +DC, which is arguably better than casting lots of spells.
By 1, yes. But there are enough trinkets that up the DC of mind-affecting spells that Nenio's DCs are not an issue.
Ehh, you can never have too much DC. And +2 DC is a pretty big boost. At least I remember Nenios weirds missing occasionally, and phantasmal killers very often.
BFTs also do this, BTW :D
What is BFT?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
EDIT: Incidentally, is there a Toybox option or similar tweak to prevent Rage from stopping when you exit combat?
There is such component in Tabletop Tweaks, but installing it mid-run is imho very questionable. It is fully modular so you can switch on/off each component separately (big respects to Vek for setting de-facto standard for Wrath modding), but it would still be a pain to reconfigure it in such way that half of your build won't fall apart.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I think exploiter wizard can get more +DC, which is arguably better than casting lots of spells.
By 1, yes. But there are enough trinkets that up the DC of mind-affecting spells that Nenio's DCs are not an issue.
Ehh, you can never have too much DC. And +2 DC is a pretty big boost. At least I remember Nenios weirds missing occasionally, and phantasmal killers very often.
BFTs also do this, BTW :D
What is BFT?

Brown Fur Transmuter, I presume

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
EDIT: Incidentally, is there a Toybox option or similar tweak to prevent Rage from stopping when you exit combat?
There is such component in Tabletop Tweaks, but installing it mid-run is imho very questionable. It is fully modular mod so you can switch on/off each component (big respects to Vek for setting de-facto standard for Wrath modding), but it would still be a pain to reconfigure it in such way that half of your build won't fall apart.

TTT is installed, but not that component :negative: Why would it break stuff?

EDIT: Actually, TTT is not installed either.

Daidre

Arcane
Why would it break stuff?
Well it enforces Dragon Bloodline for Dragon Disciple, among the other things, could do weird things to your MC. You can switch it off too, of course. Bloodlines > Bloodline Restrictions, iirc.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Those aren't wizards :M. I don't think anyone is disputing Brown Furs as being the best arcanist, or the best buffers. Arcanists are nice but they don't scale as well as wizards with the mythic ++casts stuff, since you are always fundamentally limited by how many different spells you can slot.
Well it enforces Dragon Bloodline for Dragon Disciple, among the other things, could do weird things to your MC. You can switch it off too, of course. Bloodlines > Bloodline Restrictions, iirc.
I thought the game already enforced that.

Tsubutai

Educated
Fatigue after raging is something that could work fine in tabletop where combat encounters are widely spaced in time and you can more or less guarantee that the rager will have recovered by the time the next one comes around but just doesn't work at all in CRPGs where you can have dozens of encounters on a single map.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Those aren't wizards :M. I don't think anyone is disputing Brown Furs as being the best arcanist, or the best buffers. Arcanists are nice but they don't scale as well as wizards with the mythic ++casts stuff, since you are always fundamentally limited by how many different spells you can slot.
I thought the game already enforced that.

Bloodragers specifically can pick up DD without Draconic Bloodline. It's a very weird interaction because you can still pick a Draconic Bloodline when entering DD, you just get no benefits from it. I dunno if it's a bug or what.

It doesn't really matter though, because Abyssal Bloodline doesn't give the build much, so even if it was enforced you could get around the restriction with Second Bloodline -> Draconic Bloodline and be just fine.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What I'd do here is Stigmatized Witch 4/Scaled Fist 3/Dragon Disciple 4/Eldritch Knight7/Vivisectionist 2. Motherless Tiefling (for another bite). And Close To The Abyss for first ascension.
Use Transformation to bring your BAB up to snuff

If you really dislike dipping, Feral Champion just might be the version of the build for you. It should even work with Demonic Transformations because the enhancement and dice scalings probably carry over (haven't tested it, though). It does mean you're relying less on tons of natural attacks until you get the transformations, however. You still have your claws and a couple of bites though.

My build seems "dippy" but it does do Bloodrager 12 and one of the dips is Oracle which is literally just for that single Bite (which again, arguably not exactly optimal).

The best way to do rip-and-tear demon (best as in most optimal) is probably to rely on those transformations since they're very powerful. But I just find side-stepping the actual build you're doing by clicking one button to be somewhat boring.

Longes

Augur
What I'd do here is Stigmatized Witch 4/Scaled Fist 3/Dragon Disciple 4/Eldritch Knight7/Vivisectionist 2. Motherless Tiefling (for another bite). And Close To The Abyss for first ascension.
Use Transformation to bring your BAB up to snuff

Yeah, you tell me your mono-class build that maximizes the number of natural attacks and works from level 1.

You can juggle around the order of operations, the build I suggested works about as well as a regular sorcerer into dragon disciple does. Because that's literally what it is - take Monk 1, then Witch 4, then Dragon Disciple 4. And then you should be getting your Mythic Demon. You can do Monk 1/Eldritch Knight 9 instead of what I posted - it was a build tailored for the Lich, which wanted to get more out of unarmed attacks.

Daidre

Arcane
The best way to do rip-and-tear demon (best as in most optimal) is probably to rely on those transformations since they're very powerful. But I just find side-stepping the actual build you're doing by clicking one button to be somewhat boring.
There is another aspect to it - Chapters 1-3 are where the most of the game's "meat" is. And because of it I never build any MCs who are heavily reliant on MR 5+ features in the main campaign - and demonic transformation spells are one of such features.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There is another aspect to it - Chapters 1-3 is where the most of the game's "meat" is. And because of it I never build any MCs who are heavily reliant on MR 5+ features in the main campaign - and demonic transformation spells are one of such features.

Yeah but you're not relying on it, that's the point. The whole point of doing rip-and-tear with the transformations is that it essentially doesn't matter much what you do up until that point as long as your build interacts well with those transformations; i.e. you could do whatever the fuck you wanted to and that played well in chap 1-3.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I think the writer for Regill even said the other staff kinda hated him (the character, not the writer)
Seriously? Do you have a source for that?
Nope, I think I read it somewhere (either this thread or on the subreddit) but can't find anything via googling, all I get are guides to regill builds.

Edit: this interview https://www.gamespace.com/all-articles/news/pf-wotr-developer-interview/ seems to contradict it though, so likely I am mistaken.

Yosharian

Arcane
Grunker have you explored the use of the Demon Dancer archetype for adding a natural attack to your party? If so, do you happen to know if the added natural attack benefits from all those Demon abilities you mentioned

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker have you explored the use of the Demon Dancer archetype for adding a natural attack to your party? If so, do you happen to know if the added natural attack benefits from all those Demon abilities you mentioned

No, I decided very early not to use a Skald (otherwise at least three of my builds would change completely), so I can't answer that unfortunately.

I dislike classes that basically make other classes superflous (at least partially).

Yosharian

Arcane

No, I decided very early not to use a Skald (otherwise at least three of my builds would change completely), so I can't answer that unfortunately.

I dislike classes that basically make other classes superflous (at least partially).
I see. Well sir, credit where credit is due, you appear to have found a very interesting niche build and I am now thinking of designing a CE team around natural attacks :-D

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I see. Well sir, credit where credit is due, you appear to have found a very interesting niche build and I am now thinking of designing a CE team around natural attacks :-D

Awesome! Lotssa credit is due to Daidre as well though. And I think the reason I chose Bloodrager was due to some rando YouTuber who made a kindda shitty version of something similar, based on the transformations (but still pointed me towards Bloodrager as the base)

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Is Pipefox pet thingie from near Finnean just gone now?
Apparently it's still there but is no longer highlighted by pressing tab so you just have to click blindly in the area where it's supposed to be and hope you pick the right spot.
There was some other loot that showed up on the map where that worked but not there.

Plus the trend has always been not to give NPCs the clearly best and OP archetypes.
Lol clearly best for your playstyle. Scroll Savant/Illusion Magic takes a back seat to nobody. Weird Controller not a perfect fit with bite/pounce obviously (though a Natural Attack build is there too and the Illusion spells go well with that to make her a Displacer Beast) but you know from Minagho and Shadow Votary what Putrefaction/PhantWeb can do and there is no end to the value Scroll Savant can add. It's like a Pseudo BFT already with a smattering of UMD on the other characters and she turns on all the crappy found scrolls for her own use.

Nenio's Scroll Savant is clearly the best Wizard archetype though. Once you hit level 10 - you have infinite spells. It's even good on a Lich PC because you can fill all your slots with Lich spells and cast everything else from a scroll.
Game isn't one-dimensional, but from that it also follows that Scroll Savant, like Octavia's Arcane Trickster, isn't strictly worse either.

All those phone game devs got you guys messed up.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
There was some other loot that showed up on the map where that worked but not there.
I was able to loot it in my current run. Highlight never works but pointer changes to "hand" in the right place.
0PueuCK.png

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

I did it the DLC and it's quite poweful though tailwind helped much (huge party wide heals on kill)3-4 attackers with 1-2 support could easly rock the main campaign.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was able to loot it in my current run. Highlight never works but pointer changes to "hand" in the right place.
0PueuCK.png
They just added some good old pixel hunting for the sake of nostalgia. Totally works as intended.
:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom