Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Here's a couple options for other builds that take good advantage of Natural Attacks:

Elemental Rampager.jpgElemental Rampager II.jpgRampager4fourattax.jpg

This is Elemental Rampager Druid with Motherless Tiefling that sets up well for the stats you want. Four attacks early without having to splash, which is important to preserve fast spell progression and to unlock the good Elemental Keystones.

Hagbound Class.jpg

Hagbound Keen Kitsune starts with three attacks and the level two ability cancels out the STR malus from Kitsune. Doesn't stack with Enlarge but hard to keep Enlarge up early anyway and frees up slots, then sets up well for infinite Curse midgame. Also fast spell progression for late casting with Demon DC forms. Curse was (bugged?) using CHR for DC not sure if that's been fixed.

RunningWolf

Learned
Its not a poor opening move its completely retarded opening move on a fighter. Using your opening action to make mobs flat footed instead of you know charging them out of combat when they are already flat-footed.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3639036

Physical Rewards: Current Status​

Hello, Pathfinders!

We are getting a lot of questions regarding the shipping process of Collectors’ Editions. And we've decided to change the way we report their status to you. Previously, we posted updates when we had some substantial news to share. But now we want to try to post the updates regularly, to keep things more transparent, and to inform you on our efforts, even when they don’t bear fruits. Let us know in the comments which approach do you prefer, please.

Over the summer months, we were mostly busy with negotiations and paperwork to get everything ready for moving your rewards to another country, which would allow us to finally start shipping the rewards worldwide. In September, we planned to finish moving everything from our warehouse in Moscow to a new warehouse in Kazakhstan, and send the first batch of Collectors Editions from there. But the process hasn’t been as fast as smooth as we’d hoped, due to various bureaucratic delays and organizational issues in the companies we work with. Which is very frustrating both to us, because we can’t fulfill our promises once again, and, we assume, to you, because you can’t get your rewards. We were also not satisfied with the quality of packaging during the cargo transfer. Currently, we are looking for ways to improve that aspect, so the goods we’ve produced with so much effort don’t get damaged before we begin shipping them.

But don’t worry, we assure you, that all the rewards are safe, and you will definitely get them! We will post a special update as soon as we manage to ship something from the new warehouse.

That’s all for now. We would love to promise next month we’ll return with great news, but there are so many factors in this situation we can’t control, that it’s difficult to plan. All we can say is that we are doing everything we can to speed up this process, and we will do our best to be as transparent as possible about the situation with your reward shipping. Thank you for your patience.

Love, Owlcats

07082539edd372ba298233e93f6feed5_original.png

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Its not a poor opening move its completely retarded opening move on a fighter. Using your opening action to make mobs flat footed instead of you know charging them out of combat when they are already flat-footed.
Charging isn't that good if you don't have full attack on charge though (late game at least, early it's good), might as well dazzle and let the enemies come to you.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Charging isn't that good if you don't have full attack on charge though (late game at least, early it's good), might as well dazzle and let the enemies come to you.
it is very good if you invested in initiative as you will charge them while they are flat footed and then get initiative on round 1 and get a full attack when they are still flat-footed. Is it better with pounce? sure but it is not bad without it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
it is very good if you invested in initiative as you will charge them while they are flat footed

95% of fights you are able to initiate, meaning you can charge them flat-footed in the surprise round regardless of initiative (initiative will then help you get a full-attack before they stop being flat-footed).

However a few of the very hard plot fights don't give you an opportunity for a surprise round.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
RT easy fights, TB the hard fights

*taps forehead*

There are no (or very, very few) "easy" fights on Unfair, at least not in the first 7-8-9 levels.

In general I'm very satisfied with the difficulty of this one so far. The difficulty has definetely fallen off since the insane first 6 levels, but it's still decently hard. Way better than Kingmaker on this point.

In fact I think that on subsequent playthrough I'll turn off double damage and nerf my builds a bit to make up for it. Of the many inelegant solutions to Pathfinder ruleset difficulty scaling, most are... fine, but double damage isn't. It wasn't noticable in Kingmaker after the first few levels because difficulty is so low, but it definetely is in WotR.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
it is very good if you invested in initiative as you will charge them while they are flat footed

95% of fights you are able to initiate, meaning you can charge them flat-footed in the surprise round regardless of initiative (initiative will then help you get a full-attack before they stop being flat-footed).

However a few of the very hard plot fights don't give you an opportunity for a surprise round.
that is what I said. and plot fights are not important in this discussion but still initiative is useful in those to catch enemy flat footed.

Desiderius

Patron
I knew Skyrim was single-player, but until now I wasn’t aware it was single-enemy. Even there you’re just talking a single attack, with no guarantee it’s going against a flat-footed enemy. And with Natural Attacks you’re trading quality for quantity so it might not even be that big. Following turn getting those Secondary attacks vs flat-footed is a big deal.

But that’s just a single enemy. The big threats are rooms full of enemies like the Jeslyn fight. There Move + Dazzling effectively gives your whole team +2 AC/DC, then if you follow up with Daeran walking in with Archon’s up another +2 AC/AB/DC. People were just shitting their pants over spending six Mythics for that.

The following turn you’re now in position to unleash a full attack on a high priority target without the Charge AC malus.

Intimidate is a skill check for you not a save for them and bypasses SR.

I just don’t get people who can’t conceive of a situation where they’d want that effect let alone think that ignorance is some sort of an own.

Git gud.

Desiderius

Patron
The point of Standard Dazzling is that you can do both. Can’t afford to sit back and let casters own you. It’s actually slightly worse in RTwP where you can set up Zerg Charges with Outflank crit chains but you’ve still got the too many threats to zerg problem.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
On a completely different note, Community Domain almost feels like cheating. That aura is bonkers. I can sort of defend it mentally due to lacking a bard AND a paladin (well, lacking a paladin soon), so it’s not like my aura stacking game is great

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
On a completely different note, Community Domain almost feels like cheating. That aura is bonkers. I can sort of defend it mentally due to lacking a bard AND a paladin (well, lacking a paladin soon), so it’s not like my aura stacking game is great

Oh, just you wait for the particularly nasty stuff at Chapters 4-6. That Aura will start feeling less like cheating and more like a necessity, specially considering you're on Unfair. I sure as shit hope your Party Member casting it has his WIS score upped as much as humanly possible.

Desiderius

Patron
It’s pretty clunky without Zealot and even there it eats a Swift (and a Mythic if you put it on Sos, who’s already Mythic and Swift starved) and is Competence. At that cost it’s pretty fair since it doesn’t stack with Bard/Skald and there are no Bard/Skald companions so it makes up for that lack pretty well.

I’ve taken it on an MC and been happy but on Sosiel it duplicates a lot of what he already does and keeps him from developing his casting/fighting to supplement his Domain abilities.

Decent pickup for Lann Huntmaster but I like Inspiring Command there for more activations.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I can't wait for you to run into playful darkness, and see what you think feels like cheating at that point :M

It's not the hardest encounter in the game by any means, but it's probably the first truly hard encounter. The level draining demon in Kenabras might compete as well I guess, but he's easy to miss. And not that tricky if you know to counter his level drain.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Kind of disagree. At least in actually challenging scenarios.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I can't wait for you to run into playful darkness, and see what you think feels like cheating at that point :M

It's not the hardest encounter in the game by any means, but it's probably the first truly hard encounter. The level draining demon in Kenabras might compete as well I guess, but he's easy to miss. And not that tricky if you know to counter his level drain.

Also, have you been to Blackwater yet? That place is also kinda fun on Unfair. Particularly without such Domain "cheating".

Desiderius

Patron
Unfair Maugla is plenty hard. The point of things like Playful is finding ways to attack it other than just stacking infinite AB, especially if doing so crowds out the regular development of your characters.

But infinite AB stacking is also something you can do if you design for it, it just narrows down your other options.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

Also, have you been to Blackwater yet? That place is also kinda fun on Unfair. Particularly without such Domain "cheating".
I am upset that Grunker will never know the true """fun""" of original release cyborg kavakias.

At some point some of my characters seem to have decided to stop auto attacking in real time mode. AI is on for them and they aren't affected by blindness or anything similar. Anyone know why? It's only certain characters.

Desiderius

Patron
+10 here and +10 there it starts to add up. But you can also do things that take AC out of the equation or lower it substantially.

Playful is Instinctual Warrior 2/Vivi 17 with Mummification but he’s not actually Undead. He can be Intimidated, Brilliant Energy works, etc…

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It’s pretty clunky without Zealot and even there it eats a Swift (and a Mythic if you put it on Sos, who’s already Mythic and Swift starved) and is Competence. At that cost it’s pretty fair since it doesn’t stack with Bard/Skald and there are no Bard/Skald companions so it makes up for that lack pretty well.

I’ve taken it on an MC and been happy but on Sosiel it duplicates a lot of what he already does and keeps him from developing his casting/fighting to supplement his Domain abilities.

Decent pickup for Lann Huntmaster but I like Inspiring Command there for more activations.
Why do you insist on having swift action for domains on Sosiel (or any cleric for that matter)? Guarded Hearth is a ward that is cast before the fight, stays forever (from the fight time perspective), and cannot be recast in the same day. Vision of Madness is a touch attack - you need to move to the target and, you know, touch it? What are you spending all those swift actions on, and why do you think Domain Zealot is such a crucial Mythic? IMHO it might very well wait after Community and Madness impossible domains are picked.

It is bonkers, but at least with impossible domain you can fit it into any party to it seems more "fair" to me. It felt way more abusive to use it in Kingmaker where you either had to make a Merc or do a weird multiclass on a companion

Desiderius

Patron
It is bonkers, but at least with impossible domain you can fit it into any party to it seems more "fair" to me. It felt way more abusive to use it in Kingmaker where you either had to make a Merc or do a weird multiclass on a companion

Why do you insist on having swift action for domains on Sosiel (or any cleric for that matter)? Guarded Hearth is a ward that is cast before the fight, stays forever (from the fight time perspective), and cannot be recast in the same day. Vision of Madness is a touch attack - you need to move to the target and, you know, touch it? What are you spending all those swift actions on, and why do you think Domain Zealot is such a crucial Mythic? IMHO it might very well wait after Community and Madness impossible domains are picked.
On Sosiel specifically it lets him use his very good (and plentiful) Domain abilities each round while also casting/attacking and/or moving. Doubles his action econ.

As a non-spontaneous caster he benefits greatly from all three Abundant Mythics. He’s there in the first place for the irreplaceable Divine buffs like Archon’s and Crusader’s Edge. Abundant lets him also use the best-in-game Divine self-buffs if you want to attack with him or the very good in this setting Divine offense spells if you want to cast.

In either case he wants Mythic Evo Focus for Archon’s and maybe Mythic Spell Pen for Prayer/casting or Ever Ready for fighting since he has so much Reach. That doesn’t leave much room for Impossible Domain and he’s already got great Domain abilities in any case.

Hearth is a Full Action and there are several tough enemies (like Shiv or Jeslyn, plus you want to Door in on Darkness and Nulk) that aren’t set up well for sitting back and pulling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom