Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
PD was already a bitch on Core, wouldn't even bother with that shit with 2x damage.

RunningWolf

Learned
The amount of retards that will spam you with reddit tier downvotes but don't know that you get a double charge and full attacks on a charge since fucking Kingmaker is truly awe inspiring. This place is really just slightly less degenerate reddit.

Ok let me explain to all the special ed kids and polish people how the game(s) worked since 2018:
Step 1: You charge the enemy. Hes flat-footed and denied dex to ac.
Step 2: You look at the combat log and notice that you won the initiative like you should, and already hitting with all your full attack, while the enemy still is flat footed.
Step 3: You seethe about RTwP and about not wasting standard actions on dazzle on a fucking martials and any other number of equally braindead things.

If you actually bothered to kill an enemy instead of wasting turns on your martial, you probably could probably finish a map without reloading 500 times and im not even talking about Unfair.

Don't bother trying to prove that martials are better served dazzling than killing, just put on the clown makeup instead. There are millions ways to shaken better than that but you chose to wear that wig yourself.

PS: I just remembered that the game even gives you a fucking glave that can make enemies flat-footed automatically in the fucking prologue. Absolute state of braindead dazzlers.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
PS: I just remembered that the game even gives you a fucking glave that can make enemies flat-footed automatically in the fucking prologue. Absolute state of braindead dazzlers.
That glaive Marching Terror, that on the first strike adds negative energy damage and forces frightened against Will save DC 17 on all enemies in a 15 foot radius? Yes, it's totally about being flat-footed.

Speaking of special ed kids...

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The amount of retards that will spam you with reddit tier downvotes but don't know that you get a double charge and full attacks on a charge since fucking Kingmaker is truly awe inspiring. This place is really just slightly less degenerate reddit.

Ok let me explain to all the special ed kids and polish people how the game(s) worked since 2018:
Step 1: You charge the enemy. Hes flat-footed and denied dex to ac.
Step 2: You look at the combat log and notice that you won the initiative like you should, and already hitting with all your full attack, while the enemy still is flat footed.
Step 3: You seethe about RTwP and about not wasting standard actions on dazzle on a fucking martials and any other number of equally braindead things.

If you actually bothered to kill an enemy instead of wasting turns on your martial, you probably could probably finish a map without reloading 500 times and im not even talking about Unfair.

Don't bother trying to prove that martials are better served dazzling than killing, just put on the clown makeup instead. There are millions ways to shaken better than that but you chose to wear that wig yourself.

Like this?

Amiri 14 Pounce.jpg

Yeah, we know. I'm the zerg OG. And if you didn't fall for the TB hype you'd know that zerging in RTwP is even better since everybody gets Outflank at the same time and you can benefit from Leading Strike.

It's just that in Wrath there tend to be more dudes hanging out who can punish that. Even a fight like the Wintersun Barbs there's a couple Rangers with high Favored Enemy in the back ready to pump you full of lead and a Druid who can drop a Plague Storm on your head. Move + Dazzle* still gets that same Full Attack if you win Initiative on the second round, but it also debuffs the lurkers on both attack and save so your other characters can neutralize them more reliably with Archon's, Phantasmal Putrefaction/Web or what have you and give your whole team a better chance of surviving the attacks they get in.

This isn't Reddit. You can't pwn a bunch of tards with your 120 IQ takes. Make better use of your time.

* - just admit that you didn't know what Dragonheir Scion does instead of trying to cover your ass. Few did. I know I didn't until I looked closer.

That glaive Marching Terror, that on the first strike adds negative energy damage and forces frightened against Will save DC 17 on all enemies in a 15 foot radius? Yes, it's totally about being flat-footed.

Speaking of special ed kids...
Big advantage of Dazzling is that it's no Save. Depending on difficulty Marching Terror's still a solid effect. Combines well with MC Dazzling to lower Saves for procs if you use Sosiel.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
PD was already a bitch on Core, wouldn't even bother with that shit with 2x damage.
Strange enough, X2 damage part barely matters against enemy that is close to impossible to tank in the classical sense - because her non-dispelled AB is so ridiculously high on Hard/Unfair. And building a tank for the task that could be easily performed by some swarm from Creeping Doom or even by a good old Animate Dead is an exercise in futility.

Biggest issue imho is to land some hits on the Darkness, since you need to dispel it to apply Shaken for Shatter - but there are many ways around it, like shooting it with Magic Missile under Paladin's Mark, for example.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
RunningWolf said:
Ok let me explain to all the special ed kids and polish people

Desiderius said:
I'm the zerg OG

just wanted to chime in that you guys are coming off as sensible and knowledgeable people having a measured debate about important things

but i also wanted to ask: how far are we from plane tickets, bitch? just an estimate will do

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Strange enough, X2 damage part barely matters against enemy that is close to impossible to tank in the classical sense - because her non-dispelled AB is so ridiculously high on Hard/Unfair. And building a tank for the task that could be easily performed by some swarm from Creeping Doom or even by a good old Animate Dead is an exercise in futility.

Biggest issue imho is to land some hits on the Darkness, since you need to dispel it to apply Shaken for Shatter - but there are many ways around it, like shooting it with Magic Missile under Paladin's Mark, for example.

This is actually an extremely weird thing I've noticed on Unfair: my tank, Wenduag, basically has two experiences:

1) Enemies who can barely hit her (need to roll 20, or maybe 18/19)
2) Enemies who hit her on a 2+

Like, she's not ultraoptimized for AC, but it's just really weird that there are almost no middle cases here. Enemies almost can't hit her at all, or they treat her AC as a total non-issue, lol.

Desiderius

Patron

This is actually an extremely weird thing I've noticed on Unfair: my tank, Wenduag, basically has two experiences:

Like, she's not ultraoptimized for AC, but it's just really weird that there are almost no middle cases here. Enemies almost can't hit her at all, or they treat her AC as a total non-issue, lol.
This is the key to Hard/Unfair design. It's why I used a Skald MC with Guarded Stance + Animal totem. That made it so that all my characters could ignore regular mobs (do need a plan for nat 20s, but usually one hit isn't lethal if you have temp HPs) for good positioning. On the other hand you're usually better off not worrying about tanking bosses - though Haplo can do it with all the buffs he stacks backed up by Favorable Luck and I used a Leopard for early levels - instead just distracting them long enough to take them down or at least get them debuffed/disabled.
just wanted to chime in that you guys are coming off as sensible and knowledgeable people having a measured debate about important things

but i also wanted to ask: how far are we from plane tickets, bitch? just an estimate will do
Just dudes giving each other shit. Whole Animal Kingdom does it. No biggie.

Desiderius

Patron

What do you need to Dispel? Ember can apply it with Delicious Fright or you can just Demoralize if you can get your Intimidation high enough. Or you can come back once you have Frightful Aura.

Ald15 Intimidation Fail.jpg

This is very bad. Do not do this. If you're not playing damagex2 you can survive some hits by Dooring in to deny PD flanking, which turns off Sneaks.

Core Darkness (dead, so no abilities up):

Playful Darkness info.jpg

Guess if you could figure out a way to drain WIS that could soften it up.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

In English it is called "mathematics".

You have only 20 to roll. So if the enemies have attack bonus between 1 and 40 (inclusive) then their rolls are between 1 and 60, and your rolls interval of 20 covers a third of possible AB values.

However, if due to the stat bloat the enemies have attack bonus from 1 to 100, they roll from 1 to 120, and your rolls cover only 1/6 of the interval. Meaning, if the enemies' AB are distributed evenly, then it is 2 times less probable that your tank will be attacked inside his normal interval of 20 (or, rather, 18, but I ignored that).

The more the bloat, the wider the attack values - the harder and harder it is to meet someone who hits inside your interval of 20, wherever this interval is.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
"Hey it's kind of weird that this place only sell pizzas with either ALOT of meat or NO meat and nothing in between, like, why isn't there a pizza with some meat and some veggies for example?"

LannTheStupid: EHM EXCUSE ME IT'S CALLED BIOLOGY OK YOU EITHER GROW IN THE GROUND AND YOU'RE GREEN AND WE CALL THAT A VEGETABLE OR YOU HAVE A BRAIN AND MUSCLES AND IF WE SLAUGHTER YOU THAT'S MEAT GOSH

Desiderius

Patron
BTW, Stoneskin DR (as with all DR) applies before the doubling so twice as valuable on Unfair.

Yosharian

Arcane
On a completely different note, Community Domain almost feels like cheating. That aura is bonkers. I can sort of defend it mentally due to lacking a bard AND a paladin (well, lacking a paladin soon), so it’s not like my aura stacking game is great
Refuses to use a Skald, but is relying on the most meta domain in the game =D

Tsubutai

Educated
Killing the darkness bosses by any strategy other than facetanking their damage, laughing at their sad attempts to hit you, and then cutting them to pieces yourself is weak and unmanly imo.

razvedchiki

Magister
On a completely different note, Community Domain almost feels like cheating. That aura is bonkers. I can sort of defend it mentally due to lacking a bard AND a paladin (well, lacking a paladin soon), so it’s not like my aura stacking game is great
I can't wait for you to run into playful darkness, and see what you think feels like cheating at that point :M

It's not the hardest encounter in the game by any means, but it's probably the first truly hard encounter. The level draining demon in Kenabras might compete as well I guess, but he's easy to miss. And not that tricky if you know to counter his level drain.
oh hard and up until chapter 3 that i have played there are many mini bosses that require hefty ab buffs to be able to be hit, ie in lost chapel i remember a gargoyl boss and a deamon that ambushes the party. without lanns guarded hearth my mutation warrior couldnt hit them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Man you’re really upset about my Skald avoidance :P

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I can't wait for you to run into playful darkness, and see what you think feels like cheating at that point :M

It's not the hardest encounter in the game by any means, but it's probably the first truly hard encounter. The level draining demon in Kenabras might compete as well I guess, but he's easy to miss. And not that tricky if you know to counter his level drain.
oh hard and up until chapter 3 that i have played there are many mini bosses that require hefty ab buffs to be able to be hit, ie in lost chapel i remember a gargoyl boss and a deamon that ambushes the party. without lanns guarded hearth my mutation warrior couldnt hit them.

Early game I relied a lot on a Bit of Luck from Luck domain and my MC‘s many attacks. Could almost hit everything with that combo

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Killing the darkness bosses by any strategy other than facetanking their damage, laughing at their sad attempts to hit you, and then cutting them to pieces yourself is weak and unmanly imo.
I'll one up that.
Not one-shotting Playful is unmanly and you should be ashamed :P

DD71CDDE3A5C83C881B8FC74C90CC5DB60B60A74

Yosharian

Arcane
So Demon Dancer doesn't get access to Extra Rage Power until 12th level. They get an actual Rage Power at 6th, which is already pretty late, but because it's automatically selected, it doesn't grant access to the ERP feat.

Which frankly dumpsters this archetype, no way it's happening now. Disappointing.

Desiderius

Patron
I'll one up that.
Not one-shotting Playful is unmanly and you should be ashamed :P

DD71CDDE3A5C83C881B8FC74C90CC5DB60B60A74
Pretty Incompetent attack lol. Good thing they changed Hearth so you can improve on these rookie numbers and get Touch of Good in there too. Ember can make up for Bit of Luck with Fortune.

Aarwolf

Learned
I wish owlcat would start offering more arcane caster options among the npc companions, being stuck with Octavia/Nenio gets tiresome.

Come to think of it, Owlcat never gave us pure wizard character from the get go and it's very strange. The only wizard they gave us was Cephal in Varnhold's Lot and by far he's the best companion in that game - wise, cunning and deadly effective. I truly regret that he had to die - he would be a perfect advisor instead of Octavia. Hell, he would be one of the best in Wrath too - just imagine having him and Regill in your party, absolute first choices for evil/lawfull party.

Desiderius

Patron
So Demon Dancer doesn't get access to Extra Rage Power until 12th level. They get an actual Rage Power at 6th, which is already pretty late, but because it's automatically selected, it doesn't grant access to the ERP feat.

Which frankly dumpsters this archetype, no way it's happening now. Disappointing.
They’ll probably have a 2nd Season DLC where you fight against a bunch of Hulrunn White Mantle types and it will be decent then since Seelah can give your own team Fear Immunity and it triggers Enforce Vigor.

Makes sense since there are no Skald/Bard companions. Most things that look “broken” in Wrath aren’t (come with significant drawbacks/costs).

Seems as though non-magical weapons can't damage incorporeal creatures even when you have greater magic weapon cast on them. My bad for still having masterwork fauchards on two characters still at level 9 but cmon owlcat. Magic fang on pets seems to work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom