Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3389547565066423854
  • The weather is back! Prepare your umbrella and vescavor repellent spray. And turning on photomode no longer starts the rain.
I was wondering where the vescavors went in Leper's smile, though granted those bug (heh) out all the time. The bug swarm filter in Iz also only worked half the time.

Anyway, I'm finally at Drezen and chose the Trickster path. So now the actual game can begin. Picked the mobility trickster feat, because virtual immunity to aoo's via acrobatics + a speed bonus sound pretty good. But I took it mainly because Rank 2 sounds too good to pass up, from the sound of it I'll be able to run circles around everybody so that they aoo themselves to death. Or just run into a big mob, and then move out of everyone's engagement range and trigger mass death.

Swarm path is coming along according to keikaku, the vescavor queen is smol and sleepy in her little shack.
It was not necessary to start with Mobility 1. You could have picked something else (like Arcana) and pick both Tier 1 and 2 of Mobility on next Mythic Rank. But nevermind. Hope you enjoy the playstyle :)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I beat grisella in chapter 3. That was the toughest optional boss so far. I had to position myself near the succubus archers before cutscene starts, after they are all dead, its all about avoiding her overwhelming presence which a healthy dose of greater heroism does (didn't have freedom of movement because none of the enemies have strong movement impeding skill <_<)

With enough time, i got over her absurdly high AC by virtue of many many dice rolls. On core difficulty but with custom tweak such as reduced enemy numbers.
Is it even worth fighting her? Feels like I beat her and the rewards were better just not fighting at all so reloaded.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Of course they fucked up stuff while fixing stuff but this time it is a fuckup that helps players. I loaded a save, went to trip with my Dog turned into Dragon companion and now my CMB is better then before because they used full attack bonus before that included -2 penalty because of size but now it does not.

Tsubutai

Educated
I beat grisella in chapter 3. That was the toughest optional boss so far. I had to position myself near the succubus archers before cutscene starts, after they are all dead, its all about avoiding her overwhelming presence which a healthy dose of greater heroism does (didn't have freedom of movement because none of the enemies have strong movement impeding skill <_<)

With enough time, i got over her absurdly high AC by virtue of many many dice rolls. On core difficulty but with custom tweak such as reduced enemy numbers.
Is it even worth fighting her? Feels like I beat her and the rewards were better just not fighting at all so reloaded.
What sort of a question is that? It is in a CRPG and can be killed -> it must be killed. A very disappointing lack of commitment to the way of the murderhobo ITT.

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

What sort of a question is that? It is in a CRPG and can be killed -> it must be killed. A very disappointing lack of commitment to the way of the murderhobo ITT.
I just found playful darkness and i want to cry. The best i can do is reduce his hp to slightly below 600.

This is owlcat trolling isn't it????? Grisella was hard, but doable, even from the start, i knew it's doable with my party loadout. PD is just trollface encounter. Can you go back to this place later?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Tsubutai said:
A very disappointing lack of commitment

yoE5al.gif

Desiderius

Patron
for them to take real notice
They noticed sales for first two DLCs tanking. That's why they let the talent come back from Rogue Trader to work on the third.

weird class interactions to be fixed
This is the basic ability of the Melee General doing nothing:

Dispersal of Forces doing nothing.jpgDispersal of Forces description.jpg

Followed by the description of what it's supposed to do. The Ranger basic ability Hunt that they all come with likewise does nothing.

That's... about as far away from weird class interactions as can be. It's like you want people to hate Crusade Mode. Likewise the "weird" class interactions are the whole basis for the ruleset in the first place. Each archetype trades some feature(s) from the base class for some benefit, and a lot of the motivation to keep playing content you've already been thru is to unlock the payoff for doing that and see how it effects the gameplay throughout the rest of the game. Then after you've invested a week getting to a certain level to unlock that payoff only to discover Owlcat doesn't feel like you're important enough to give you the features you've paid for (that's not a bug - that's fraud) people are not going to like that and are justified in spreading the word.

Desiderius

Patron
BTW is there any difference in reward in Crusade Mode between Pursuing and Letting Them Flee?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
They noticed sales for first two DLCs tanking. That's why they let the talent come back from Rogue Trader to work on the third.

weird class interactions to be fixed
This is the basic ability of the Melee General doing nothing:

View attachment 29576View attachment 29577

Followed by the description of what it's supposed to do. The Ranger basic ability Hunt that they all come with likewise does nothing.

That's... about as far away from weird class interactions as can be. It's like you want people to hate Crusade Mode. Likewise the "weird" class interactions are the whole basis for the ruleset in the first place. Each archetype trades some feature(s) from the base class for some benefit, and a lot of the motivation to keep playing content you've already been thru is to unlock the payoff for doing that and see how it effects the gameplay throughout the rest of the game. Then after you've invested a week getting to a certain level to unlock that payoff only to discover Owlcat doesn't feel like you're important enough to give you the features you've paid for (that's not a bug - that's fraud) people are not going to like that and are justified in spreading the word.

“Hey here’s a buildfag game where 99% of the point is doing bulldfag things”

“lol you made buildfag build and expected it to work? tabletop sucker omegalul”

user

Savant

I just found playful darkness and i want to cry. The best i can do is reduce his hp to slightly below 600.

This is owlcat trolling isn't it????? Grisella was hard, but doable, even from the start, i knew it's doable with my party loadout. PD is just trollface encounter. Can you go back to this place later?

It's hard yeah, but I've killed it on core/hard even with a solo sorcerer /flex, in a number of varied ways. Like high dc enfeeble + an arrow with passion's sweet poison gloves, lich withering touch or spamming the angel aoe positive energy thing.

All of them also included blocking its way with summons or with the shadows that spawn at the start of the fight, so that it won't rape my whole party in the first round.
honkhonk.png

Desiderius

Patron
It's a buildfag ruleset (the best there is) and it's pretty clear that the (world-class) talent chose it on that basis.

user

Savant
Hate being a pessimist, but I am a pessimist and I'd wager that the marketing department was confident that the sales dropped because modern must-have /s features like photo mode and world of warcraft transmogrification weren't in the game.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Sympathies he's quite a shocker when you first encounter him. If you find yourself unable to figure out your own strat and you're starting to find it tedious and want to get on, the cheese way is
Mark of Justice plus liberal application of Creeping Doom - so a Paladin and a Cleric/Nature summoning spell.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Unfair is just pure aids so you need to go full-Grunker on that. Hard I didn't try. On Core it was enough to have basic familiarity with cRPG genre, autoleveled companions and improvising shit up as I go along for MC.

So yeah, if you play like a buildfag, then it's going to be a buildfag game, but that's like saying chess is a very physical game because you decided to think of next move while running on the treadmill.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Unfair is just pure aids so you need to go full-Grunker on that

"You keep using that word" -> my party is far, far from optimized. I have a single arcane caster with a woefully inadequate spellbook, the worst Cleric archetype, no bard, no paladin and the rest of my builds while good in my own humble opinion are willfully avoiding a lot of optimization options

(Reason being my experience with Kingmaker where even a nerfed party waltzed through Unfair)

I used an MC that couldn't break enemy DR for like 10 levels ffs :lol:

autoleveled companions

:what: :what: :what:

I mean more power to you but... why? It's like playing a single-player shooter with auto-aim

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I just found playful darkness and i want to cry.
PD is the first true hard enemy. It has weaknesses though. You can skip it and come back later, but if you kill it immediately you get enough xp for like 70% of a level, which is pretty helpful for the fights harder than PD in the next chapter.
It doesn't have uncanny dodge, for example.
BTW is there any difference in reward in Crusade Mode between Pursuing and Letting Them Flee?

It seems like there isn’t? Thank God
What's even this? Is it something they added in EE?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Well, I half-assed it completely because I didn't expect I'm gonna enjoy it after all the shittalking on the Codex that Wotr turns people into dick loving communists. When it turned out it's a pretty fun game it was too late to start over.

:backawayslowly:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well, I half-assed it completely because I didn't expect I'm gonna enjoy it after all the shittalking on the Codex that Wotr turns people into dick loving communists. When it turned out it's a pretty fun game it was too late to start over.

:backawayslowly:

i respect the hustle

Desiderius

Patron
IHaveHugeNick is sort of right but only because autoleveled companions beat 90% of the “builds” people come up with due to the way the ruleset was designed.

But you still want the basic abilities of the class you choose for MC (or the six for DLC) and Crusade General to be implemented and there are a lot still flat out missing.

That has nothing to do with buildfaggotry.

The problem with the wokel propaganda jammed in where it doesn’t belong isn’t worrying about people turning into commies its having to suffer through writing that’s way shittier than it needs to be/missed opportunity to make something compelling that fits the setting/background of the game creators.

Seriously, you’d have to try to miss the point this hard, IHaveHugeNick . Why do you do this to yourself?

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
So, is there a somewhat convenient way to plan out builds, like https://nwn2db.com/, or would I have to go the in-game route of giving myself a ton of XP and then going through the options?

Also, PFKM really wore me out on turn-based mode with the sheer amount of encounters. I'm assuming it's not too different here. Are there balance mods for that?

Desiderius

Patron
I just found playful darkness and i want to cry.
PD is the first true hard enemy. It has weaknesses though. You can skip it and come back later, but if you kill it immediately you get enough xp for like 70% of a level, which is pretty helpful for the fights harder than PD in the next chapter.
It doesn't have uncanny dodge, for example.

It seems like there isn’t? Thank God
What's even this? Is it something they added in EE?
Maugla’s plenty hard. Game has several optional bosses that are two or three levels ahead of where you are and some of the level bosses aren’t a pushover either. You can always come back to do the optional ones to make sure you’re at least at full strength and sometimes (Blightmaw/PD) its a good idea to pick up the Mythic Level nearby before coming back.

Since P:K (Hargulka -> Zombie Giants) they’ve used those tougher fights to make sure people are ready for the next section of the game where you’ll see more enemies that require a similar approach and to get people out of ruts that might have worked before but won’t necessarily going forward.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom