Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Non-ranged iteratives are bad (unless you’re soloing).

3AB out of 50-100 is not worth throwing away your class progression.

We’ve been over this.

EK is for people who want to play 3.5, which is fine. It’s just not very good (and kind of boring) compared to the alternatives.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You can also grab improved critical via loremaster now. The bug is fixed.
And you will pay for it with at least -1 BAB and one absolutely useless feat - skill focus.
Also, 2 last feats in trickter's line still have 8 bab requirement and that will push them to lvl 17 and 19 for low bab characters (like arcane ray-casters). And, in my case, will create issues with crossblooded sorc dip for extra damage per dice from bloodlines due to extra -1 BAB.

Humbaba

Arcane
Bah, lost Wenduag
(the Sarvamelekh showdown in Alushinyrra).
I'd gotten her back and had been enjoying her and Lann's bickering. She'd become my regular tank too, and now she's gone. :(

I didn't get into a romance with her, and I guess I must have not been "masterly" <snicker> enough - should have slapped her around a bit.
But isn't there a dialogue option that let's you take her back? Or does that one just not do anything?

EDIT:
Wait you lost her in Alushynirra??? How did that happen?

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Does anyone know if Divine Hunters are supposed to get domain spells? My Lann doesn't seem to. I'm wondering if it's a bug or intended.

Edit: They get them in pnp :? Toybox to the rescue, as with Precise Companion.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Bah, lost Wenduag
(the Sarvamelekh showdown in Alushinyrra).
I'd gotten her back and had been enjoying her and Lann's bickering. She'd become my regular tank too, and now she's gone. :(

I didn't get into a romance with her, and I guess I must have not been "masterly" <snicker> enough - should have slapped her around a bit.
But isn't there a dialogue option that let's you take her back? Or does that one just not do anything?

EDIT:
Wait you lost her in Alushynirra??? How did that happen?
Taking her back during Chapter 3 Lann quest will result in her betraying you in Chapter 4. To get her permanently you have to refuse her to join you using Evil option "you are weak i aint having you on my side" or smth. She will then join on Lann final Chapter 5 quest

Daidre

Arcane
Does anyone know if Divine Hunters are supposed to get domain spells? My Lann doesn't seem to. I'm wondering if it's a bug or intended.
I remember getting them on lvl 3, when he got access to first tier of domain powers.

Non-ranged iteratives are bad.
Thank you for your priceless wisdom, but I tend to really like my iteratives that proc cascade numbers of Elemental Barrage and Leading strike. And I like them even more when I have enough buffs to land them reliably and could do all of them each round even after the movement, from the back of my mount.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Magister

make him a sanctified slayer, he gets 1 domain plus studied target/sneak attacks/ and bane! the only downside is the 3/4 BAB.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
I remember getting them on lvl 3, when he got access to first tier of domain powers.
War domain is bugged in my game, only one that doesn't give domain spells. It also gives a free combat feat at lvl 8. I'm guessing Tabletop Tweaks is the culprit here, an undocumented change to War domain and also an unintended bug.

Daidre

Arcane
Last I checked this isn't true. Is this a recent change?
I think this one pretty old.
JkMwqID.png

h6SmbBi.png
I was trying to design ultimate hellfire-ray trickster from different combos of arcane casters and prestige classes more than 3 months ago and had issues with my bab being too low back then.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Eldritch Knight is really good in this game. Gives Weapon Specialization with full BaB and caster progression. Some kind of Sylvan Sorc/EK/Gendarme build for my Lich run in the future.

Sounds like my kind of build!

... well personally I'm not too keen on the lich mythic path, but it should be a fun build!

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3218395575726256877

Of stone and metal

In the lands of Mendev, you can meet members of many Golarion peoples. And while aasimar inspire admiration and tieflings are viewed with suspicion and mistrust, some peoples remain an unsolved mystery. Suchare the oreads, a people whose ancestry has been touched by the element of earth.

Most often, the ancestors of oreads are shaitans, proud and beautiful genies whose traits are visible in their descendants. However, an oread may also be born through the influence of elemental energies, interplanar travel, and other interactions with the Plane of Earth.

c372222eb46aa995ee0fa820cddd781ee2381684.jpg

For the most part, oreads tend to a solitary life and rarely act on the impulse of a moment. It is not their custom to go in search of adventure out of boredom or a thirst for danger. However, if compelled to action, they are nearly unstoppable. For example, an oread crusader will be wholeheartedly devoted to their cause. The commander in Wrath of the Righteous may prove to be one of them.

There are several lineages of oreads. The most dazzling and eye-catching are the gemsouls. These oreads are often characterized by a haughty attitude and flashy behavior. They have an interest in the arts and show an appreciation of refined beauty. With their radiant faceted skin, crystalline formations in place of hair, and eyes of bright colors without pupils, they truly resemble the precious stones that adorn any society.

Ironsoul oreads look and behave quite differently. Stolid and self-possessed, ironsoul oreads undertake the most difficult physical and conceptual works with unwavering tenacity. Possessing patience and a sense of grace, ironsouls reflect their ancestry through their continuous striving toward self-improvement. Their skin is a metallic shade of gold, silver, or copper green.

edc445ef84f5c6db6a8c885e1e9775d83113fdcb.jpg

Oreads make devout clerics or disciplined monks, and as rangers or druids, they protect their secluded mountain domains. Their slow speed is not ideal for roles that require agility, and oread rogues prefer to plan meticulously rather than act on a whim, as a single misstep could spell the end of their mission.

Indarah, an oread warrior from Garund and an expert on military history and warfare, is a typical example of her kind. Many of you met her in the tavern of Kenabres and defeated her in a philosophical debate, receiving an unusual gift. But perhaps the Commander of the Fifth Crusade was also an oread? Let us know!

Desiderius

Patron

I got them retraining a Divine Hunter on an MC from a save.

War domain is bugged in my game, only one that doesn't give domain spells. It also gives a free combat feat at lvl 8. I'm guessing Tabletop Tweaks is the culprit here, an undocumented change to War domain and also an unintended bug.

War Domain gives the bonus Feat in vanilla, and the one turn boost thingie can be reasonably good late if you can spare the swift.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
EK does grant a bunch of feats though which is very useful on some builds

You trade two caster feats for three combat. Which you could just take with your regular feats you save from the bonus caster feats.

Sarathiour

Cipher
EK seems pretty good with legend ,probably doing a lich into legend wizard/EK/sometthing at some point in one or two years when the game will hopefully be in a better state.

Desiderius

Patron
Thank you for your priceless wisdom, but I tend to really like my iteratives that proc cascade numbers of Elemental Barrage and Leading strike. And I like them even more when I have enough buffs to land them reliably and could do all of them each round even after the movement, from the back of my mount.

Can't kill a corpse, and if your target isn't already dead by the time the iteratives come around that usually means you're missing, which iteratives just make worse.

I watch my combat logs - iteratives rarely show up on melee compared to all the full BAB attax (two from haste + all the AoOs). Most turns for melee are move + standard action, which is why Vital Strike is so good.

Yeah you can get Full Attack on vanilla on a mount but again there the mount attax + two full BAB + AoOs + team usually means already dead.

Ranged of course is a different story since it doesn't have to move to acquire new targets.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
EK seems pretty good with legend ,probably doing a lich into legend wizard/EK/sometthing at some point in one or two years when the game will hopefully be in a better state.

Spell progression stops at 20 either way, so you've got the same problem EK already has.

Prestige on melee classes with Legend on the other hand is great.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Sounds like my kind of build!

... well personally I'm not too keen on the lich mythic path, but it should be a fun build!
You don't like it mechanically or storywise? I haven't tried it yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom