Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
That's kind of my point - the game throws so many ways to boost whatever at you that the difference between caster class and EK kind of pales in comparison. Now if you choose a shitty caster (sub)class like Octavia (Transmuter ability bonus being Enhancement kills it) then yeah Arcane Trickster or EK is going to be a no brainer. It's not a no-brainer on Nenio's set-up I can guarantee it. And half the fun of Sorcs is the Bloodlines. Arcanist especially with TTT Exploits opens up a lot of possibilities too and the archetypes feature unique abilities that scale and improve by class level as well.

Let's look at how EK AB stacks up with the available options from purely class abilities:

1. Full BAB + Class ability + Archetype ability (Mutation Warrior)

2. Full BAB + Class ability (Slayer)

3. Full BAB (some Pal archetypes? Monk?)

4. 3/4 + Class ability + Archetype (Saint? Judge?)

5. 3/4 + Class (Inq)

6. 3/4 (Hunter, EK)

7. 1/2 + class/archetype (?)

8. 1/2 (Wiz/Sorc)

The gap between 1. and 8. at say level 13 would be:

Mutation Warrior 13 BAB + 5 (Weap Training + Gloves) + 3 (Greater Mutation) = 21

vs Wiz 6 BAB

Gap = 15 which is significant but if you're trying to hit say Beverach at 60 (?) AC that only 1/4 of the way there.

EK at that point would be 10 AB so only making up a little over 1/4 of *that* gap.

Which is why I'd lean on taking something near the top of the list in lieu of merging if I wanted to smash. In any case you've got to plan on a lot more than class to get to that 60 AC. Alternatively there is (a little more than) enough there to smash even with 8. if you squeeze every last bit of equipment/group abilities/debuffs out of the game.

12 AC Savalamek.jpg

Nenio19beatdown.jpg

(Nenio SS10/AE1/EK8 on Core)

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Let's look at how EK AB stacks up with the available options from purely class abilities:
Come on, whole point of using EK instead of magus, for example, is that he can merge with Lich spellbook with barely any loss of CL. What it even has to do with full bab martials?
And playing Lich without spell merge is like a sex without orgasm.

Desiderius

Patron
Come on, whole point of using EK instead of magus, for example, is that he can merge with Lich spellbook with barely any loss of CL. What it even has to do with pure bab martials?

No, that's fighting instead of casting with that set-up.

Daidre

Arcane
Yes, I want a big scythe and I want a black horse (from TTT) and I will ride into the battle stomping my enemies into dirt and will Repurpose their corpses to serve in my dark army.
I want a Death Knight, not a dress-wearing hand-weaving wimp. Again.

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, I want a big scythe and I want a black horse (from TTT) and I will ride into the battle stomping my enemies into dirt and will Repurpose their corpses to serve in my dark army.

All Death no Knight (except in name).

Is Signifier any good? IIRC Cruromancer is comically bad.

Daidre

Arcane
Is Signifier any good?
Looks like shit from what I've tested. He does not get disciplines or even his Order's basic ability, like favorite enemy for the Order of Nail (it appears on his class chart but never progress, could be a bug).
I was thinking about filling out last levels for EK with Signifier, since his full CL progression and casting in the armor - he gets Heavy for free and has 0 spell failure in Mythril full plate, are an only not good things about him.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Also so many attax? Don't see Sohei. There's Speed of Light and?
There is a hammer in the Seelah's last quest with 3 charges of the hour-long buff:
8zGZARA.png
But you need 2/3 amulet/ring slots empty for the best version with +2 Attacks.
Edit: damn it, going Lich means no Seelah and no hammer:(

Ah, so this is what it is! Damn, I knew the hammer is pretty strong, but I've never paid attention - or read it's description till the end. Saw the Attack/damage bonus diminished with number of occupied slots and assumed it's best to keep them filled. That's pretty crazy TBH.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

That's a cool image.
Only from optimisation POV the scythe's rare crits are not very good for the EK's capstone to Swift cast spells.

Daidre

Arcane
Only from optimisation POV the scythe's rare crits are not very good for the EK's capstone to Swift cast spells.
That is why I'll switch to some Falchions, Estocs or maybe Elven Curved blades later, hadn't decided yet. But image is too cool to pass)

Desiderius

Patron
Fucking quote material right here. ROFL

Lol have you tried it? You fanboi phaggots are high on each other’s farts.

I played Monk Angel and it was pretty awesome. Adding spellcasting that supports a full martial fits like a glove, and Angel starts on level 3 spells unlike other Mythics. I’m assuming so does Lich.

If you’re tired of wearing a dress strap on the armor and fight like a man.

IllusiveBrian

Novice

I played Monk Angel and it was pretty awesome. Adding spellcasting that supports a full martial fits like a glove, and Angel starts on level 3 spells unlike other Mythics. I’m assuming so does Lich.

>Monk
>Armor
New meta?

Humbaba

Arcane
Slapping spellbooks on full martials is definitely a waste. I ran gendarme lich once and most spells had very little synergy. I only used buffs and some heals because a martial is supposed to be fighting, not casting.

Desiderius

Patron

>Monk
>Armor
New meta?

I knew somebody would catch that one. Monk has armor of Truth and Wisdom.

Daidre is the one who wants to be the Death Knight and to try something different. Why not an Executioner or some shit?

EDIT: Executioner looks pretty bad, unfortunately. Two-handed Fighter might work if you're going Mythic Power Attack.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I have played Angel-Paladin up to Mythic 6 in the end of Chapter 4. Constantly felt that I miss out all the fun.

Said the awesome Monk Angel)

Pal already has spells tho. And with Angel you're duplicating a lot of what Pal already has, which would definitely feel kinda meh.

Monk on the other hand (especially QStaff with the Tripping and Stunning and CornSmashing and going Large) was a lot of fun with the immediate boost from Divine Favor and Archon's kicking up to Divine Power etc. And the Angel team immunity buffs are big timesavers/headache preventers. Nice smooth feel.

Desiderius

Patron
Slapping spellbooks on full martials is definitely a waste. I ran gendarme lich once and most spells had very little synergy. I only used buffs and some heals because a martial is supposed to be fighting, not casting.

Yes, that's the point. He wants to be fighting, not casting. And be a Lich. So that means buffs/support.

I think the buffs he wants tho are things like Seamantle and Fearful, so that means EK. I'd just go Legendary and not worry about Seamantle since Freedom bypasses it but I'm in the minority there no doubt.

Desiderius

Patron
This new Horse Master ability on Cav means you can splash Cav4 and get a full Mount even with 16 levels of a non-pet class, right?

Sry if that's what you guys have been doing all along, I just noticed it. It's a pretty big deal. Wouldn't have to mess around with Animal Domain at all with that.

Yosharian

Arcane
Also so many attax? Don't see Sohei. There's Speed of Light and?
There is a hammer in the Seelah's last quest with 3 charges of the hour-long buff:
8zGZARA.png
But you need 2/3 amulet/ring slots empty for the best version with +2 Attacks.
Edit: damn it, going Lich means no Seelah and no hammer:(

Ah, so this is what it is! Damn, I knew the hammer is pretty strong, but I've never paid attention - or read it's description till the end. Saw the Attack/damage bonus diminished with number of occupied slots and assumed it's best to keep them filled. That's pretty crazy TBH.
Yeah and if you cast it on your animal companion...

Daidre

Arcane
This new Horse Master ability on Cav means you can splash Cav4 and get a full Mount even with 16 levels of a non-pet class, right?
There is 3 new roads to getting full mount in TTT I know of:
- feats, Nature Soul + Animal Ally + Boon Companion
- Cavalier 4 + Horse Master (feat, Mobility 6 prereq)
- 1 level of any pet class + Loremaster 1, Combat Feat to get Horse Master
In case of Loremaster, prereqs for PrC are higher in the mod, so you need to pay a feat tax with Skill Focus + 3 Metamagic or Crafting skills (not much of the problem, Wizard has Scribe Scroll for free, there is backgrounds with Brew Potions or Scribe Scroll), also needs 2 Lore Skills at 7 so Loremaster could only be taken on lvl 8.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3222900437322091782

Update 1.3.4c

Crusaders!!

The update 1.3.4c is here!

If you experience any issues after the patch, please try to verify the integrity of game files. And if you use mods, don’t forget to update them.

Beware of possible plot spoilers!

Areas
  • We've made the clock puzzle in the final dungeon of Inevitable Excess DLC easier;
  • After liberating Kenabres (since chapter 2), when resting on its map, the party will no longer gain corruption, and will lose it instead;
  • At the cemetery, it’s now possible to get past the trap to disarm it;
  • In the Rich Quarter, some corpses of the cultists were impossible to loot – fixed;
  • Gelatinous Cube didn’t get close enough to push the column on it – fixed;
  • In Ivory Sanctum there was a trap impossible to disarm – fixed;
  • You can no longer finish chapter 4 and start chapter 5 if you have undistributed mythic level.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Aura of Courage won't be giving immunity to buffs and spells with Evil descriptor anymore, and will work as its description says;
  • The Know Your Enemy ability of Student of War now properly activates as a swift action at the 7th level;
  • Fixed the description of the Icy Prison spell and the DC formula to get out of it;
  • Delay Poison didn't work on quasit poison – fixed.

Items
  • Changed the DC for Rod of Mortiferous Blizzard, making it more useful in the main campaign.

UI
  • One Slab with Red Symbol was missing an icon – fixed;
  • Navigational arrows were missing from the global map – fixed;
  • The glossary links for "Summon vavakias" and "Summon Vrocks" decrees didn't work in the dialogue – fixed.

Misс
  • Battle music kept playing during the first dialogue with Langrat – fixed;
  • Sendri could address Brodie during camping, even the latter was dead – fixed;
  • Small ghouls no longer carry huge bows;
  • The game now "remembers" that Gesmerha and Marhevok died in chapter 5.

Desiderius

Patron
It’s not abuse. You’re tying up 1/3 of your team doing that.
After trying this a bit more, I disagree. This is busted as hell. There's no way this should be stackable.

People really like to solo.

Advantage effects can be very good but if you’re tying up half your team you’re also giving the enemy a lot more rolls (and forcing your team to make their own) to make up for it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom