Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Another game receiving a new edition today is Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, which is now available on consoles just like Kingmaker two years ago. Unlike its predecessor, Wrath of the Righteous has always had a turn-based combat mode to make it suitable for those platforms. The new Enhanced Edition does however include a variety of UI improvements, new Mythic Paths-related content, improved epilogues and also a Photo Mode. Here's its trailer and an overview from the latest Kickstarter update:

Hello, Pathfinders!

We have wonderful news for those who have been waiting to play Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous on console—the game is now available in the PlayStation Store, Xbox Games Store, and on Nintendo Switch Cloud Streaming. All the free DLC we previously released on PC are also included (Faces of War, Love Beyond Death, Paint of War, and A Visitor From Distant Lands).

Console players will get the Enhanced Edition right from the start.

As for PC players, the Enhanced Edition is available as a free update (v. 2.0.0) for everyone who already owns the game.

New features for the PC version:
  • You can finally play with a controller. Lead the crusade from the comfort of your own pillow fort!
  • Customize your character’s appearance by coloring and reforging your armor!
  • Save time looking for that specific scroll by using the inventory search function.
  • Can’t figure out how you managed to deal so much damage? Check the enhanced battle log!
  • You no longer need to scroll right to see how your animal companion is doing, with a new addition to our UI for pet owners.
  • Unlock additional quest outcomes with new reinforcement options for various mythic paths in chapter 5.
  • Attend a special party your soldiers throw for you if you reject mythic powers on the Legend path.
  • Learn more about what your companions and friends do after the crusade in enhanced epilogues.
  • And finally, take beautiful pictures of your favorite moments with the new Photo Mode feature! Pause the game, free the camera from the bounds of isometric view, apply filters and frames, and make a wallpaper out of your favorite underground mushroom forest, that Wintersun waterfall, or the chaotic streets of Alushinyrra. Photo mode is currently available only on PC, but it will arrive to consoles in the nearest future.
Download the 2.0.0 update, enjoy the new features, and don’t forget to show us your screenshots!​

The full patch notes for the Enhanced Edition update are available here. Of course, we already know there's another season pass of DLCs on the way, so expect a Definitely Final Edition next year.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I've held off playing this game too much because of the bugs, but with enormous patch notes still incoming I want to know which decade can I play this game in?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've held off playing this game too much because of the bugs, but with enormous patch notes still incoming I want to know which decade can I play this game in?
They got a sequel in the works, so it's hard to say if they're going to be as dedicated towards fixing Wrath instead of focusing on next game. It took them years on refining Kingmaker, then they released an EE version. Only then did they move on and work on Wrath. Here, they're doing something stupid. Announcing an EE version even though all DLC isn't released. Also probably going to have even more bugs. I just recommend not touching it. There are so many better games out there that you can enjoy instead of this. Wrath doesn't do anything revolutionary or have an awesome story worth trudging along for, nor does it feature engaging writing that makes it worth it.

I guess if all you care about is spending hours calculating AB bonuses then multiplying the squared bonus of its associated feat plus the class bonus which you need to carry the total sum of; then maybe you'll enjoy it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I decided to bite the bullet and just play it now, because it’s clear that they‘re not as dedicated to fix this as they were to fix Kingmaker. The EE patch has basically nothing in it except for photo mode and dyeing your armor. The game is pretty broken in terms of systems assets and Mythic paths vary wildly in terms of content but seems to play fine otherwise

Tao

Savant
Same here. I played a bit on release but with every new patch my save got worse and worse and i lost interest afer a while.

I guess this is the time to make a full run.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Does it still have trannies and crap design?

Or is the "Enhanced" just a fancy way of saying they finally fixed *most* of the gamebreaking bugs?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Or is the "Enhanced" just a fancy way of saying they finally fixed *most* of the gamebreaking bugs?

They didn't fix many bugs. Almost none. Enhanced Edition is console release, photo mode and armor dyeing. The only somewhat substantial addition if you don't guy a few UI enhancements is that a couple of Mythic Paths got a bit more content in the last chapters.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
EE before all of the DLC's are out? Before the game is finished? Meaningless. It would have been simple enough to just say, "now on consoles (for the peasants)".

My understanding is that all of the DLC for Wrath has been incredibly disappointing. Thanks to diminishing returns, it seems extremely unlikely that any future DLC will be worthwhile (it doesn't matter how good the quality is, the first one always sells the most and the last one always sells the least so it doesn't make any sense to put greater resources into later DLCs).

They didn't fix many bugs. Almost none. Enhanced Edition is console release, photo mode and armor dyeing. The only somewhat substantial addition if you don't guy a few UI enhancements is that a couple of Mythic Paths got a bit more content in the last chapters.
They've been releasing a patch a month (sometimes more than one; over 40 updates and counting) nearly every month for the past year, so they've certainly been fixing a lot of issues. Like all RPGs, it will never be bug-free, but I doubt there are any game-stoppers remaining (unless they've added some with the new content).

I'll likely be starting it later this month. You know what that means. :cool:

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
(it doesn't matter how good the quality is, the first one always sells the most and the last one always sells the least so it doesn't make any sense to put greater resources into later DLCs).
yet they announced the second season pass. Which means the DLCs continue to sell.

I'll likely be starting it later this month. You know what that means. :cool:
you're going to beat it on easy while skipping the final chapter? :troll:

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
They should have made expansions instead of shitty half assed DLCs but then again it's Owlcat.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
They've been releasing a patch a month (sometimes more than one; over 40 updates and counting) nearly every month for the past year, so they've certainly been fixing a lot of issues. Like all RPGs, it will never be bug-free, but I doubt there are any game-stoppers remaining (unless they've added some with the new content).

This is remarkably misleadingly worded. The actual point is that WotR is way less bug-free in terms of the character system (which is why I wrote 'system assets') than Kingmaker, and that the team (which is laudable, I guess) aren't shy about acknowledging this. Not that it is easily hidden anyway; Kingmakers EE patch (and surrounding patches) were massive in comparison.

When I finally started my final playthrough of Kingmaker, I was basically playing with 100% "correct" characters. I just started my WotR playthrough, and every characters has some buggy element to it I'm working my way around.

Tombo

Novice

This is remarkably misleadingly worded. The actual point is that WotR is way less bug-free in terms of the character system (which is why I wrote 'system assets') than Kingmaker, and that the team (which is laudable, I guess) aren't shy about acknowledging this. Not that it is easily hidden anyway; Kingmakers EE patch (and surrounding patches) were massive in comparison.

When I finally started my final playthrough of Kingmaker, I was basically playing with 100% "correct" characters. I just started my WotR playthrough, and every characters has some buggy element to it I'm working my way around.

What's your party and what are the bugs you're working around? I'm curious if I'm experiencing any in my current playthrough and just not realizing it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

What's your party and what are the bugs you're working around? I'm curious if I'm experiencing any in my current playthrough and just not realizing it.

It's tricky stuff - for example, my Bloodrager has access to Dragon Disciple without a Dragon bloodline, and gets bonus feats from the bloodline he doesn't have. Mounted Combat feat is still wonky. One of my characters has an extra skill point at level one where she shouldn't.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
After checking the plebbit thread it seems they are really doing the bare minimum, most of this is just superficial mmo stuff.

But of the mythic path additions, don't expect more then a few dialogue changes, only Legends has been confirmed to have actual content in the form of new quests.
And golden dragon path gets shafted yet again, the owl cat rep outright admits they didn't bother with it because such a little % of players go golden dragon so why work on content only a handful of people will see?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
the owl cat rep outright admits they didn't bother with it because such a little % of players go golden dragon so why work on content only a handful of people will see?
This is what separates your actual RPG devs from your hacks. Of course they don't see the value of implementing content that only a small handful will see, because they just don't get it. Iron Tower Studios on the other hand will do opposite, precisely due to how much value that niche content will add to a player's experience. It enriches a playthrough when you see something you completely missed on first run.

99% of player don't even play their game anyways. Should we half-ass everything after beginning too? No, that would be lame.

God damn hacks.

Rieser

Scholar
Haven't played in a long while but am diving back in now with the EE. Is Arcanist + Lich merge fixed now so that you do get 10th level spells?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom