Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
He clearly doesn't play with Unfair stats otherwise he would know that that attack using a grossly inflated CMB that is basically impossible to resist.
As I said, the Overrun is nasty.

Tainted Sap save is makeable but not (usually) worth pressing your luck.

I play on Hard because I'm old and don't have the time I once did with the twins. You name the fight I'll take my time and blow it out on Unfair for you too if you like.

Pics don't lie. Still mystified why you phaggots all feel compelled to pretend I don't know what I'm talking about. Try sucking less - it's fun!

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Scorching Ray vs Treant.jpg

You can see Scorching Ray picking up Mark and Sneak damage here. Looks like I forgot to turn on any Rods. Nenio doesn't have Meta yet since she's mostly doing AoE control, but you can have Wolj or Ember cook up some meta scrolls back home if you like. With Darven's Hat she can still double up here and do plenty. I think she got a crit to finish him off the next round after he Overran three of my dudes.

Can see the sitting back and letting Treant fight Babau strategy here before I got impatient.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Guys I have a conundrum here, dude on Reddit is telling me that Crossblooded gets a 2nd-level spell at level 4, but it doesn't in my game. Can someone do a test for me to determine who's game isn't messed up somehow? Thanks

We both take Crossblooded and double Draconic bloodlines not that it should make a difference

My game:

crossblooded.jpg

His game:

crossblooded2.jpg

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
quarry is full round action?
Standard at 14 when Slayer gets it (Ranger gets at 11 - good on Aru), Free at 19 (which is another reason not to splash). Gloves make it worth it on hardest targets before then.

Applying the standard debuffs (Shaken, Sicken, Entangle, Stagger, Archon's, in some cases Blind) is a key tactic for sucking less that you won't learn following the memes:

View attachment 31234

Big Game Gloves is both -2 AC (there are a few of these untyped AC debuffs that you can stack if you want on hardest targets) and Sicken no save. Crusader's Edge is bugged in vanilla to apply Sicken on hit vs Demons (TTT fixes to only proc on crit), but BGGs doesn't require a hit (or melee) and Sickens anything. Sicken debuffs Saves so makes it easier to apply other conditions/mez/disable.

(note Lann is using Scimitar to get CL 12 for Barkskin, and I forgot to switch back. Using Stalactites on Cave Fangs to apply Entangle)

ga3, sucking less tastes way better than my skinny old ankles. You can do it - we believe in you!

That's not me if you wanted to ping me, otherwise I hope ga3 doesn't follow your advice and get a better source for "sucking less".

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Trickster path is continuing to be quite boring narratively. Getting to animate the drake in Dimalchio's mansion is neat but that thing gets focussed to death in seconds anyway. Turning that one bitch into a mirror is just a visual gag with no mechanical consequences whatsoever. And the mythic quest for act 4 is just finding Soc on a roof and getting him the Lexicon, which you were going to get anyway.

And.... you used to lose Vellexia and the psychoaasimar loot too if you picked the mythic choice.
That was nearly 1 year ago though, hope they fixed it.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
They also had a nice gear progression from like theatre props -> broken trash real weapons -> slightly less broken trash real weapons -> real weapons -> masterwork weapons -> maybe cold iron masterwork or +1 if you're lucky. Similarly no armour -> shit damaged armour -> shit armour / damaged good armour -> regular armour -> maybe +1 armour. That was great, I've done things like that in tabletop and tend to appreciate where I see it come up (appropriately) in games and has been seen in various forms from BG1, PoR, JRPGs, etc.

Not sure if you are saying that it has been done properly in BG1 or the other way around, but in BG1 you can get +1 fairly quickly (when best weapons are mostly +2, with just a few +3, like drizzt loot or the 2 handed weapon in durlag's).
If you rush Nashkel you can already get the best longsword for example.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I actually enjoyed treasures of midnight isles so far, only did the first round in act 3 but especially last three boss encounters were fun. It offers some fun boss fights and reminded me of playing path of exile a bit.

I guess you didn't play DLC1.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
New patch! Let's see what they broke this time...

Areas

• Fixed Chaplain's assortment of goods in the Murky Grotto and Nondescript Pier, and now it depends on the expedition;
  • Fixed some navigational issues in Iz;
  • Fixed the issue when every mythic path could use Azata's unique interaction in Inevitable Prison;
  • Fixed the lighting in Drezen;
  • Fixed the mythic path selection dialogue during conversation with Iomedae and Nocticula, which previously led to a broken cutscene;
  • Fixed the navigation near the elevator on the 3rd floor of Mage's Tower;
  • Improved the lighting in Neathholm;
  • In Sacred Lands, corrected the scene at the entrance to the room with the puzzle;
  • In The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, in rogue-like mode, an invisible wall could appear on the ship after a boss fight – fixed;
  • One of the islands in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC could be totally empty – fixed. You won't encounter this island anymore, and if you already have, then you can just leave it without any negative consequences;
  • The huge fire trap in Gray Garrison can be disabled via the hidden lever now;
  • Your allies will properly help during the fight against Darrazand in Midnight Fane now.
Quests

• Fixed Azata's early descent into Midnight Fane, before the Queen's arrival;
  • Fixed the issue which blocked the player from getting the quest to find the last treasure in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC;
  • In some cases, it was impossible to continue the fight with Horzalah after the reinforcements arrived during The Price of Loyalty quest – fixed.
Turn-based mode

• Added portraits of satyrs, kobolds, and oozes for the initiative tracker;
  • In turn based mode, when opening a character description, the window could stop responding to the controller input – fixed;
  • Island modifiers in the Treasure of the Midnight Islands DLC are no longer displayed under the initiative tracker;
  • The combat could get stuck on immobilized Irabeth's turn in Lost Chapel – fixed.
Items

• In some cases, like during Demon's quest, it was possible to lose and then duplicate Finnean the Talking Weapon – fixed;
  • Some players couldn't unequip Finnean after battle – fixed.
Crusade

• Fixed the check of conditions, under which Wenduag could participate in the Military Council rank-ups in chapter 5.
Classes & Mechanics

• A paralyzed character got a circumstance penalty to AC, which reduced the AC to zero – fixed;
  • Animal companions sometimes lost their natural attacks (with hoofs, horns, claws etc.) – fixed;
  • Flying Time Undertow effect worked outside of combat – fixed;
  • Forester can properly benefit from their Animal Focus now. Also, all hunters now benefit from two aspects of Animal Focus, when their animal companion is dead. Additionally, hunter bonuses to ability scores from Animal Focus — Bull, Tiger, and Bear have been changed from enhancement to inherent;
  • In the Treasure of the Midnight Islands DLC, the fog of war behind the cabinets now works correctly;
  • Maugla (the nabasu boss in the Lost Chapel) has lost the ability to kill dhampirs with negative levels;
  • Shield Focus (Mythic), Tower Shield Defense and Deflective Shield feats now work correctly;
  • Swarm that Walks didn't get spells from the throne room events – fixed;
  • The list of feats, available to different classes, has been updated, which fixes the issue with not being able to choose some feats despite having the prerequisites for it;
  • The Rainbow Starfall spell in Azata's spellbook now works as described;
  • Unarmed attacks under the Fiery Body spell now deal the correct amount of damage;
  • Weapon Finesse now works with all natural weapons.
UI

• Now it's no longer possible to change the language or font size during a turn-based battle, as it could lead to some serious problems with the interface;
  • Fixed the issue when you couldn't change the name of Commander Court while one Azata mythic path;
  • Fixed the missing title and description for the Spell Penetration (Mythic) feat;
  • It's now possible to use your own portraits on PC when playing with the controller;
  • Removed the ability to change control with the settings menu opened;
  • The difficulty settings tab no longer disappears after changing the font size or the language of the localization;
  • Under certain circumstances, when playing with a controller, character cards and menu cards could stay on screen and not disappear – fixed;
  • Upon exiting the turn-based mode, the action bar will properly update now;
  • When playing with a controller, it was possible to lock the controls in resting interface after sending a bug report – fixed.
Audio

• While transitioning between the chapters, the dialogue voice-over could disappear – fixed.
System

• Fixed the issue with the return of the fog of war area on some maps;
  • When loading a save from the game, or upon exiting to main menu, a critical error could occur – fixed.
Misс

• Combat could begin even when enemies remained behind the walls or doors in multi-area dungeons – fixed, and the enemies will stop targeting and attacking you through the walls;
  • Corrected the cutscene with Seelah and Curl in the Houndhearts camp;
  • Fixed characters getting duplicated when opening a level up window;
  • Fixed some traps in the Treasure of the Midnight Islands DLC;
  • Fixed the achievements you were supposed to get for finishing the game;
  • Fixed the beginning of the dialogue with Areshkagal, in which Nenio appeared dead if she was killed earlier;
  • Some companions still managed to cheat death and gain immortality – fixed. Hail Pharasma, Lady of Graves!
  • The standalone mode for the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC now has an island with an extra mythic level in the final expedition, which allows to gain full 10 mythic levels.

Desiderius

Patron
  • hunter bonuses to ability scores from Animal Focus — Bull, Tiger, and Bear have been changed from enhancement to inherent;

This is significant (applies to both companion and character).

• Weapon Finesse now works with all natural weapons.
Nenio's Bite specifically (or Wolj/Cam's/Reg's with Beast's Gift from Ember).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
  • hunter bonuses to ability scores from Animal Focus — Bull, Tiger, and Bear have been changed from enhancement to inherent;

Yes it is. I wonder if there will be some competitive Hunter builds now (beyond 3 level dip).
Doesn't help staying pure that the Animal Focus progression was character level based, rather then class level based (likely due to a bug).

Somehow the various hunter archetypes always felt lacking and underpowered to me. Divine Hunter is almost good with its delayed Domain access. But then it looses out on the class defining Animal Companion Teamwork sharing ability, as well as actual Teamwork feats themselves, making it strictly inferior to the inquisitor archetypes IMO.

Divine Hound is maybe somewhat okay for Mythic Paths that don't need Swift Actions (not for an Aeon then). Hmm, Azata maybe?
....although with Life Bonding Friendship given by default, I guess Divine Hunter could be an even better pick for an Azata, as its Teamwork loss is pretty meaningless then (and you get Domains and the improved Animal Focus).

With the DLC3 ring almost makes me want to play a Divine Hunter Azata.... almost.

Last edited:

IllusiveBrian

Novice

Yes it is. I wonder if there will be some competitive Hunter builds now (beyond 3 level dip).
Doesn't help staying pure that the Animal Focus progression was character level based, rather then class level based (likely due to a bug).

Somehow the various hunter archetypes always felt lacking and underpowered to me. Divine Hunter is almost good with its delayed Domain access. But then it looses out on the class defining Animal Companion Teamwork sharing ability, as well as actual Teamwork feats themselves, making it strictly inferior to the inquisitor archetypes IMO.

Divine Hound is maybe somewhat okay for Mythic Paths that don't need Swift Actions (not for an Aeon then). Hmm, Azata maybe?
....although with Life Bonding Friendship given by default, I guess Divine Hunter could be an even better pick for an Azata, as its Teamwork loss is pretty meaningless then (and you get Domains and the improved Animal Focus).

With the DLC3 ring almost makes me want to play a Divine Hunter Azata.... almost.
Would Aivu count as an animal companion for shared judgement and mythical beast?

Delterius

Arcane
i forgot the book of dreams in my chest

oh well

i like how this game seems to go out of its way to make resting make sense within the plot. act 2 is best in this regard. placing the plot objective up front and a big dungeon for further exploration behind them. for an instance the vescavor queen is your objective in leper's smile. once your army is saved you can also explore the caves behind her. if you need to rest you can just do it, your army is recovering anyways.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

Pffft it's nice but significant is pushing it, Hunter is still a really average class.

Wait so Animal Focus was scaling with character level? Is that fixed now?

Yosharian

Arcane
Guys I have a conundrum here, dude on Reddit is telling me that Crossblooded gets a 2nd-level spell at level 4, but it doesn't in my game. Can someone do a test for me to determine who's game isn't messed up somehow? Thanks

We both take Crossblooded and double Draconic bloodlines not that it should make a difference

My game:

crossblooded.jpg

His game:

crossblooded2.jpg
Anybody? =(

Delterius

Arcane
Anybody? =(
I thought the entire point of crossblooded is that you're one further level behind in spell acquisition. You get 2nd level casts on level 4 like every sorcerer but you have to wait until level 5 for your bloodline specific spells. And then on level 6 you get to pick a 2nd level spell yourself. That's how it works right? The guy might just be using a mod or something.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Pffft it's nice but significant is pushing it, Hunter is still a really average class.

No idea if that's fixed.

IllusiveBrian

Novice

My game:

crossblooded.jpg

His game:

crossblooded2.jpg
Anybody? =(
Your behavior is what I see on my game. I'm not aware of anything that gives you more spells known so I'd assume he has a mod, maybe giving more spells known with Charisma.

Yosharian

Arcane

My game:

crossblooded.jpg

His game:

crossblooded2.jpg
Anybody? =(
Your behavior is what I see on my game. I'm not aware of anything that gives you more spells known so I'd assume he has a mod, maybe giving more spells known with Charisma.
That's funny, he accused me of using mods that changed MY game. I'm just going to let it go, the guy seems a little arrogant.

Desiderius

Patron

We’ve been over this. Main value of ranged Hunter is turning on ranged TW Feats for team (can see this in CotW), for melee getting Outflank very early where it’s most needed.

Owlcat implemented neither one. Focus change is a way of sneaking in the latter without admitting I was right, but it’s much weaker where it matters most. Enhancement is hard to keep up early anyway and Focus on character is min/lvl too.

Does help class suck less mid/late so still viable I think if you want early Leopard tank. Ranger/Druid utility starting at lvl 1 underrated.

Desiderius

Patron

If course it’s significant lol. Scales up to +6 and the skills up to +8. Git gud.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Anybody? =(
I thought the entire point of crossblooded is that you're one further level behind in spell acquisition. You get 2nd level casts on level 4 like every sorcerer but you have to wait until level 5 for your bloodline specific spells. And then on level 6 you get to pick a 2nd level spell yourself. That's how it works right? The guy might just be using a mod or something.

That might be the point but crossblooded has a ton of weird and buggy interactions like granting too many or too few feats, making you qualify for stuff you shouldn't etc.

Desiderius

Patron
Anybody? =(
TTT adds -2 Will malus as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If I could photoshop I'd take this gif

c045fc3d-fde0-4d51-95c5-213eea468836_text.gif

and replace Gretchen with Desiderius and fetch with Hunter

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom