Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
If you can cast legendary proportion in Blackwater it means the party is at least level 13 so basically you are doing it at the end of chapter 3 ,and with the DLC 3 shop that sells endgame gear! So basically you are agreeing with me, she needs extreme measure to make it work.
Druid's ghosts in Wintersun now give ~9k xp for each kill + there is a ton of xp in the first 12 islands of the dlc 3 (if party is strong enough to clean them). Now lvl 13 is a possibility even quite early in chapter 3, if you do Wintersun asap.
And it is not about Aivu herself, she is, first and foremost, extra move action for strongest unit in the field - MC. Pet classes do not need it as much, but it is amazing for those who do not have a mount naturally, and starting from the MR 4 she is sturdier than Bismuth .

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Please want to see Aivu RAPE blackwater cyberdemons on unfair, we are talking about MR3 here.
You can ride Aivu as soon as you get Legendary Proportions spell, and she can wear barding now, it partly solves her AC issues with +5 armor in the DLC 3 shop. It had worked out pretty well for my Kineticist who really wanted full attack after movement with Kinetic Blade.

If you can cast legendary proportion in Blackwater it means the party is at least level 13 so basically you are doing it at the end of chapter 3 ,and with the DLC 3 shop that sells endgame gear! So basically you are agreeing with me, she needs extreme measure to make it work.
I'd rather use a level 7 slot on something/someone else.
That's a lot of effort to make Aivu viable, when you can just let her stay at the dungeon entrance.
Why would you ever do it before then anyway? Even before DLC it was always last stop before Fane. This makes no sense. Always hit lvl 14 in Blackwater without DLC. Doing it before M4 is flat out stupid and pointless.

If you don't want to cast Proportions then just don't mount her. Still an extra body and Breath bypasses SR. Can also use to go after casters/ranged/protect backline without trying to tank with her.

I am running an Elk and a Boar through Drezen right now and I cannot imagine anything that has DEX shitty enough to wear barding being useful for tanking at all

I had to abandon all pretenses of my boar, even, which has the worst DEX of all the pets, to wear light barding.

And even with BFT-boosted stats and the best possible tank spells their AC is only just good enough
That's because you don't debuff anything.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Doing it before M4 is flat out stupid and pointless.
Timing for MR 4 is all over the place for different mythic paths. Azata gets access in 2 week after the start of Chapter 3, Angel gated behind Wintersun iirc, and Aeon's quests and projects took ~2 Months in my run.
An you play for the first time it is not even obvious what quest/even gates MR 4 for you.

Yosharian

Arcane
People on Reddit are crying about Blightmaw having 49 AC and yet this just happened:

darrazand.jpg

And this is without Smite Chaos which I will have in addition as soon as I hit the respec NPC

Can someone explain why people are weeping about AC worse than this, at MR3? (I only had MR2 in the pic)

I critted this guy twice in a row haha, did about 200+ damage in a single attack sequence

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Doing it before M4 is flat out stupid and pointless.
Timing for MR 4 is all over the place for different mythic paths. Azata gets access in 2 week after the start of Chapter 3, Angel gated behind Wintersun iirc, and Aeon's quests and projects took ~2 Months in my run.
An you play for the first time it is not even obvious what quest/even gates MR 4 for you.
Part of the skill required to master a game like this is choosing your targets. If you casually stroll into Blackwater when it unlocks you should be able to figure out after the first fight that you're in the wrong place and retreat to fight another day.

I know a lot of you guys are committed to rush through everything like you're playing P:K but there's no reason to evaluate the viability of mythic paths on that basis. Nothing is forcing you to clear all content in two weeks or whatever, and Azata also unlocks it's own area early that has unique items available and week-long sleep buffs if you rest there.

Aeon unlocks pretty early if you keep checking the Mirror and doing the mythic quests it generates (I think). Triggered for me right after Wintersun (which I hit at lvl 12). Before Regill's quest even showed up. You can even rush right to the book without having to fight much at the Lab other than the Crystals, Demodand, and the Room following the staircase. Likewise good Labyrinth items can be grabbed without much resistance if you want.

Desiderius

Patron
Also is Blightmaw supposed to be before or after this guy? Not sure if I missed something
After. It's much easier if you backtrack to him once you get M3, since that also gives him -4 malus.

Yosharian

Arcane
Things aren't looking good for Blightmaw.

blightmawaintsoscary.jpg

I went to fight him before MR3 because I wanted to give him a chance.

The idiot on Reddit said he was immune to flat-footed so I figured Dazzling wouldn't work on him, but what do you know, turns out that guy was full of shit. The DC was pretty high (46) but certainly doable. And the double curse combo always fucks people up.

Wandering Spirit is actually awesome, I would never ever give up that ability now

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Aivu start AC.jpg

This is from Dirge Bard Azata save at beginning of ch 3. 26 base AC + 4 for Mage Armor + 5 from DEX (or +10 from found Bardings/+13 from buying +5) + 3 from SoF + 4 from Barkskin = 42 AC base up to 45 if you want to fight Defensively then random add-ons. What are you even doing if that counts as abysmal? She's even got UMD to use Shield scrolls.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Bro this Drezen siege takes forever. Seriously.
You've got infinite rest. Use it and BubbleBuff to own shit and it goes fast.
So why Galfrey was not cool with me after the siege? Was it because I rested too much, used Vescavors or went with Regill?

Just killed Zacharius with Phantasmal killer.
Naisu!

P.S.: I still don't understand why people are playing Unfair with the damage multiplier off. Play Hard, then, and be happy. Or Last Azlanti on Hard.

Daidre

Arcane
So why Galfrey was not cool with me after the siege? Was it because I rested too much, used Vescavors or went with Regill?
Several factors, but probably time or losses.
From the guide:
At the beginning of Chapter 3, you will be evaluated based on how you performed during your first attempt at leadership. There are three criteria used, speed, casualties, and morale.
  • Speed is determined by a 60 day counter that I believe starts at or near the beginning of Chapter 2
  • Casualties are determined based on, and I quote, "Not Crusade armies losses in exp greater than 2500." I assume this is cumulative based on the exp value on the army unit status page for lost units, but I don't know how I could double check that.
  • Morale is determined based on your morale at the end of Chapter 2. 0-20 is considered a success.
If you have 2 or more successes, you are considered successful. If you brought the Queen with you, she will praise you and give you a ring (Ring of Protection +4) in addition to the cloak everyone gets. If you did not bring the Queen with you, you will get a letter either praising you or hoping for improvement based on whether you were successful or not.

Also, some decisions during the party adventuring, like looting in Leper's Smile while bug queen is still alive inflict losses to army in strategic mode.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Daidre The question is: are the rests during the siege itself counted towards the 60 days limit? I am pretty sure (however, I need to check) that I managed to get to Drezen in 60 days, but during the siege I rested as much as I deemed necessary. Using supplies on the map.

Maybe she is upset about Vescavors.

Daidre

Arcane
I had a good assessment while using Vescavors, with queen not present in the camp, from the letter. Iirc you can't use vescavors in Drezen if queen is traveling with you - she forbids it.
I suspect that rests during the Drezen's Siege also count in 60 day limit, but can't know for sure.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Thank you.

Well, Galfrey will die anyway, so this is another reason - why.
:love:

On another topic: it seems that the Covenant of the Inheritor does not work on Kinetic Blasts, be it the blade or the ranged thingy. Also, the metal blast, which is Earth + Earth not only is not enough metal for Metal Curse, but also is not precious enough to go through the damage resistance of demons. So I need to use both Rare-Metal Infusion and Bowling Infusion if I want full damage and trips.

I have a feeling that the Kineticist's mechanics are programmed separately from the rest of combat interactions. Talk about duplicate code and its shortcomings. Or maybe it's the rules: a Kineticist does not have a permanent weapon, s/he creates it every time before the strike and then it crumbles into nothing.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I had a good assessment while using Vescavors, with queen not present in the camp, from the letter. Iirc you can't use vescavors in Drezen if queen is traveling with you - she forbids it.
I suspect that rests during the Drezen's Siege also count in 60 day limit, but can't know for sure.
I got both rewards from Galfrey for what it's worth. 60 days is a lot. Five or six rests in Drezen (enough to keep min/lvl stuff up at all times and rnd/lvl on hardest bosses). 3 each for Leper cave and Chapel map (camp is right there).

IllusiveBrian

Novice
NOOOO!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN HALFLİNG CAVALİERS CANT PİCK RAPTORS FOR MOUNTS...

:rage:
:negative:
Do you mean Cavalier of the Paw? Other than beast riders, cavaliers I think can only pick horses, Cavalier of the Paw just specifically gets dogs/wolves instead. Which is to say if you want to play a halfing cavalier with a raptor, Beast Rider should do it for you.

Desiderius

Patron
NOOOO!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN HALFLİNG CAVALİERS CANT PİCK RAPTORS FOR MOUNTS...

:rage:
:negative:
Do you mean Cavalier of the Paw? Other than beast riders, cavaliers I think can only pick horses, Cavalier of the Paw just specifically gets dogs/wolves instead. Which is to say if you want to play a halfing cavalier with a raptor, Beast Rider should do it for you.
If it's abilities were working the race-unique Halfling Cav would be awesome. So if you want to do a Halfling Cav run just wait until they fix it. Raptor's fine but Dog/Wolf is next level anyway.

I did Kitsune Disciple of the Pike Azata riding Aivu (and Order of the Lion for the eventual Shield bonus on Mount) in Beta and it was awesome so you can do that too to pick up Vulpine Pounce.

Desiderius

Patron
Soon...

Tank Seelah 67 AC lvl 13.jpg

Hello Darkness, my old friend. Seelah is coming to Play.

Nenio 13 Putre 35 DC vs 15 Save.jpg

Love hitting the DCs at exactly 20 more than the Save.

Sos 13 Order's Wrath.jpg

Reg 13 slaying with Carnage.jpg

Reg got Carnage at 13. And Mythic Finesse at M4. Not bad for non-crits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom