Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hmm, its been acting a bit funky for me lately but mostly worked. I mean for normal companion respecs (not complete respec), I set up the parameters in the respec mod and then trigger a respec in the Toybox. That seemed to work better for me.

I did 3 respecs this week...
Wait you're using Toy Box to respec?
Yeah, its a bit weird, as it kinda seems to import the respec settings from the Respec mod. And mostly works well for MC respec OR "legal" companion respeccs (from recruitment levels).
I respecced Lann and Ember this week.. but kept their original levels and attributes. Also recently did a full MC respec.
Oh wait, I also did Woljif's and Seelah's respecs - and those were full respecs - although I've kept their original stats (and class in case of Seelah).

So in general it should somehow work on the latest game version.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Yes, I have :)

Gozenka on Discord was already advertising Destruction Domain with the DLC3 ring a while ago when I was planning my Mobility Trickster.
Briefly considered switching Sword Saint to Sanctified Slayer. But finally decided against it.

Here BigArdGaming has added War Domain on top. Which is maybe not that great as another Swift Action activation. I'd maybe rather take Trickster double Good (or Madness) for +20 Attack.
Still, that's a lot of fixed, multiply-eble damage bonuses.

Been playing a bit with Destruction, but not on Trickster and without the ring (so much less effective... and not level 20 power either).
Maybe I'll take it on the Sanctified Slayer Aeon. I mean, +16 damage is not shabby either - or+24 with the ring (and +8 for everyone, including the mount... and enemies). Though not sure yet, in practice those Destruction rounds were running out quickly.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Ok I figured out the problem. It seems to be related to using the vanilla respec function in the same game session as the respec mod. I relaunched the game and loaded a save and it worked fine.

Yosharian

Arcane

Yes, I have :)

Gozenka on Discord was already advertising Destruction Domain with the DLC3 ring a while ago when I was planning my Mobility Trickster.
Briefly considered switching Sword Saint to Sanctified Slayer. But finally decided against it.

Here BigArdGaming has added War Domain on top. Which is maybe not that great as another Swift Action activation. I'd maybe rather take Trickster double Good (or Madness) for +20 Attack.
Still, that's a lot of fixed, multiply-eble damage bonuses.

Been playing a bit with Destruction, but not on Trickster and without the ring (so much less effective... and not level 20 power either).
Maybe I'll take it on the Sanctified Slayer Aeon. I mean, +16 damage is not shabby either - or+24 with the ring (and +8 for everyone, including the mount... and enemies). Though not sure yet, in practice those Destruction rounds were running out quickly.
Yeah I agree, the amount of rounds you get is a major problem. Cute for boss fights, but meh the rest of the time.

Side note I am seeing some reports of bugs with the double morale ring, apparently it doesn't double stuff like Azata ability score boosts correctly?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol, finally catching up to what I was doing on Harrim, and you guys were all saying I was nuts. The autoconfirm is as valuable as the damage if you can combine it with wide crit ranges and advantage.

War Domain already gives a Feat, then you can work in the damage ability one on something like Huntmaster Lann that doesn’t necessarily have a good Swift already.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Lol, finally catching up to what I was doing on Harrim, and you guys were all saying I was nuts. The autoconfirm is as valuable as the damage if you can combine it with wide crit ranges and advantage.

War Domain already gives a Feat, then you can work in the damage ability one on something like Huntmaster Lann that doesn’t necessarily have a good Swift already.

The autoconfirm is a bit easier here if you have a Paladin due to Bless weapon. Late game, there's also a banner with same property, so a bit whatever. Would be more attractive for an evil party I guess.
But yeah, the bonus damage is nice (but short).

Desiderius

Patron
Maybe the Ring makes it relevant but it was already good. Bless Weapon eats Paladin slots that I want for Veils, Divine Favor, etc... The Banner is ridiculously expensive and takes a slot I don't want to give up IIRC.

Depending how you're beating Unfair damage doubling the downside (autoconfirm for bad guys) can be a problem too.

Desiderius

Patron
Only way I can get Respec Mod to work is CTRL-F10 in game then click the -1 level button until it grays out then click free respec.

Lambach

Arcane
This talk makes me really want to play a Trickster.

11-20 Crit range + Law Domain on Sosiel to make sure I roll 11 on every attack. That's potentially 8 or maybe even more guaranteed hits per round during late game, even if I don't confirm any Crits.

I may just be able to actually beat the game on Unfair that way. :M

Yosharian

Arcane
The other paths seem to have a much better story though. I dunno if I could ever play through the whole game with a meme path

Lambach

Arcane
The other paths seem to have a much better story though. I dunno if I could ever play through the whole game with a meme path

Trickster is the only Core path I haven't played yet. But I do feel more than a little burnt out, so I don't really feel like starting another playthrough right now.

Speaking of which, the fact that Devil isn't a Core path and is p. much just an afterthought is a fucking crime.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Trickster has the least content of any base path I think, surely felt like it.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
And it is not about Aivu herself, she is, first and foremost, extra move action for strongest unit in the field - MC.

You mean move action as mounted? Well depends, my MC was ranged and an arcane caster, so not that useful
It's very useful there since the Mount can get you into range for Full Ranged Attax or Full Casting (for spontaneous meta) or just into better position while protecting you from most attax.

Useful but not useful enough to make it work at MR3 for most cases, unless of course you play on normal, then everything is ok and has a reason to be.

Desiderius

Patron

11-20 Crit range + Law Domain on Sosiel to make sure I roll 11 on every attack. That's potentially 8 or maybe even more guaranteed hits per round during late game, even if I don't confirm any Crits.

Reg gets Law Domain. Sosiel already has Luck Domain.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Yeah, its tempting.
Though... if you don't confirm any crits, how are you landing these hits in the first place (unless you mean crits not confirmed due to Fortification?).

But you know, when we're talking late game Trickster, there's also Trick Fate beyond the corner...
Or outright Persuasion 3 Trick.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
And it is not about Aivu herself, she is, first and foremost, extra move action for strongest unit in the field - MC.

You mean move action as mounted? Well depends, my MC was ranged and an arcane caster, so not that useful
It's very useful there since the Mount can get you into range for Full Ranged Attax or Full Casting (for spontaneous meta) or just into better position while protecting you from most attax.

Useful but not useful enough to make it work at MR3 for most cases, unless of course you play on normal, then everything is ok and has a reason to be.
Normal?

Bismuth tanking Maralith.jpg

You're not getting attacked much in either case but obviously Aivu's 45 base AC is going to be better than what the typical ranged/caster would have. Then as she grows she can mix it up more in melee mounted or unmounted depending on what's needed for each fight.

I've just started using Mounted (w/Bismuth) on my Slayer Aeon MC since it's harder to get full attacks in TTT, and putting Drovier Lann on his Smilo is probably still not great since Smilo has Pounce (and Lann wants to cast). With random Maraliths gating in things are getting dicier for unmounted characters tho.

Dead Sosiel.jpg

Lambach

Arcane

Well it's not like there are massive differences, beyond mechanics, between different Mythic paths. At least 80% of the game, if not much more, is the same regardless of what you go with.

I already went through every other Core path, might as well wrap it up with Trickster just to abuse the shit out of those Crits, since I already got to see almost everything the game has to offer content-wise anyway.

But just to point out, if there's some massive modding autismo out there that pulls off a miracle and does a decent job of modding Devil in as a Core path, I would honestly be willing to pay good money for that.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Normal?

View attachment 31162
That's hard. On turn based. So yes, it's normal. You can enjoy whatever difficulty you want btw, I don't care, just don't pretend everything that works for you on easy, and 20 mods installed, should work for anyone else, or they are doing something wrong.

Which has been your shtick for years, like when you argued that TRISTIAN with a GLAIVE is actually super optimal! Together with screenshots of Tristian critting as a proof.

Also I don't see Aivu and you are doing Ivory sanctum here, so I assume MR4.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
Though... if you don't confirm any crits, how are you landing these hits in the first place (unless you mean crits not confirmed due to Fortification?).

No, I mean rolling within Crit range is a guaranteed hit, as far as I know (assuming no Concealment or such).

If you roll 16 and your Crit range is 15-20, that means you're guaranteed a hit, even if the target's AC is more than 30 points higher than your attack roll result. To actually confirm a Crit, you roll another, separate regular attack and you have to beat the AC with it to get the extra damage and other Crit benefits, but you still get a guaranteed regular hit even if the second roll fails.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Well it's not like there are massive differences, beyond mechanics, between different Mythic paths. At least 80% of the game, if not much more, is the same regardless of what you go with.

I already went through every other Core path, might as well wrap it up with Trickster just to abuse the shit out of those Crits, since I already got to see almost everything the game has to offer content-wise anyway.

But just to point out, if there's some massive modding autismo out there that pulls off a miracle and does a decent job of modding Devil in as a Core path, I would honestly be willing to pay good money for that.

Well, the biggest reason to replay the game for me is to see paths exclusive content.... if the game was completely the same, I don't think I would still play it, but to each his own.

Desiderius

Patron
That's hard. On turn based. So yes, it's normal. You can enjoy whatever difficulty you want btw, I don't care, just don't pretend everything that works for you on easy, and 20 mods installed, should work for anyone else, or they are doing something wrong.
Also I don't see Aivu and you are doing Ivory sanctum here, so I assume MR4.
Yes, of course it's MR4. It's my current playthrough. You want me to load up my Azata save on RTwP at MR3 for you again? I already did and demonstrated 45 AC (with no items/buffs).

Why are you so determined to make excuses for sucking instead of just doing the bare minimum to stop?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom