Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Right, a critical hit against the flanked creature. Absent Snap Shot ranged users can't flank any creatures.
You are confusing the act of flanking with the status 'flanked'.

Targets that are currently flanked are considered flanked by all attackers, hence why ranged users can execute Sneak Attacks against flanked targets

So ranged AoOs should trigger then...?
I think that only works with StM but I never investigated that because there is no way I am going to get that feat

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What can I do to increase Camellia armour class comparing to what is on the screenshot? Should I strip off her chainmail and make her a pajama tank?

Level 10, Mythic 3, no multiclassing, hard difficulty. However, I will allow myself to respec.

Camellia_AC.jpg

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
What can I do to increase Camellia armour class comparing to what is on the screenshot? Should I strip off her chainmail and make her a pajama tank?

Level 10, Mythic 3, no multiclassing, hard difficulty. However, I will allow myself to respec.

View attachment 32382

Second spirit wind and air barrier hex instead of armor.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
So by your suggestion she loses 9 AC from the armour, but gains 4+2 (level 10) = 6 AC from the barrier. Which is -3 AC. Granted, without armour she will have Dexterity bonus +6, so it will be only -1 AC comparing to what's in the picture.

Is my calculus wrong or will she lose 1 AC instead of gaining any?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So by your suggestion she loses 9 AC from the armour, but gains 4+2 (level 10) = 6 AC from the barrier. Which is -3 AC. Granted, without armour she will have Dexterity bonus +6, so it will be only -1 AC comparing to what's in the picture.

Is my calculus wrong or will she lose 1 AC instead of gaining any?

Seems right but you didn't say you were level 10, at 11 she gets anudda +2 though, so that takes her in the positive +1 territory. Isn't 22 dex a bit low? Should have access to +4 belt from the skelebro.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Only +2 DEX belt so far. And yes, I have mentioned the party level explicitly.
Okie dokie, also stop using enlarge person on her (that's enlarge person isn't it?)
You can get lounge if you want reach.
Skelebro has +4 dex belt in chapter 3, if you are level 10 you should be in ch.3 no?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
It's the Glabrezu who is large. Actually, he is huge (and Spawn Slayer does not work on him). I haven't seen the merchant yet, but I am at the 2nd location of the Chapter 3.

In general it means that enemies with 3+ attacks should not be allowed to attack unimpeded. Which my casters can do, but did not do in this attempt.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Ah you are right. Anyway not much you can do, I usually switch from armor to air barrier when AC bonus gets better.
I see a +2 deflection from shield of faith, but why only +2? Should be +3 casted by a lvl 10 divine caster.
I guess you don't have access to the inevitable excess items? the +7 deflection ring for example.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The problem with her tanking role is that she cannot cast Protective Luck on herself.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Maybe I should have kept Ember alive, huh.

Anyway, I desideriused the fight on the second attempt. Evil Eye for saving throws from Camellia + Touch of Good on Nenio + her Phantasmal Killer = -1 Glabrezu. The rest was easy.

Now I wonder if Bit of Luck rerolls all 3 dice for Phantasmal Killer: for spell penetration, for will and for fortitude...

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Who else tanks better than camelia from the companions ignoring pets, huh?

Sykar

Arcane
Stop trying to make Shaman a tank. It's very poor in this role

Wildland Shaman aside that is
Bruh it's just a typo away from Sherman, Shamans got no excuse.
Shermans weren't particularly great tanks either, the US could just produce so damn many of them Germany couldn't win. So you need to breed more Camellias for her to be a viable tank.
The Germans could not win because it was fighting a hopeless two front war again with the overwhelming majority of losses being on the eastern front. The Sherman tanks were in the grand scheme of things only a minor issue relatively speaking.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
The best tank is team coordination.

Another question: do speed bonuses from food affect movement speed on the global map?

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeh tanking with Camille is some meme reddit tactics.
It wasn't a meme when her lore-friendly build/archetype was actually working and wasn't "patched" into the ground. But even now she's probably decent compared to most other non-meme, non-dip, non-rebuff every fight etc. options, at least early game.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Could have been more powerful before patches, right now I dunno. Much like with Kingmaker, the game from the opening minutes is stuffing a Paladin right in your face to do the job. Sure you can always cook up something else, but if it's only "decent" then you're just playing weird for the sake of meme tactics. :shittydog:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Who else tanks better than camelia from the companions ignoring pets, huh?

Seelah and Woljif. Lann also tanks well if you go full monk with archmage armor.

Seelah is fake news, no armor user is better than a pajama at tanking. Woljiff how exactly does better? It's mostly the same, but Camelia has better buff potential thanks to her spell list.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Could have been more powerful before patches, right now I dunno. Much like with Kingmaker, the game from the opening minutes is stuffing a Paladin right in your face to do the job. Sure you can always cook up something else, but if it's only "decent" then you're just playing weird for the sake of meme tactics. :shittydog:
Wut? Armor might be shit in Wrath, but dextanking with mithrall chainshirt, barksin and ice hex + ring at least actually works for some time without (re)buffing all the time and/or outsourcing the actual tanking part to a pet or protective luck. Unlike heavy armor, which is just plain crap from the start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom