Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Are there any PnP Pathfinder feats/whatever to make heavy armor decent that Owlcat is just not adding? Or do we need to hope for them to invent some OC donut steal mythic feat/ability in a future DLC or update?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Is it even an RPG anymore if heavy armor is decent? It needs to be either insanely overpowered or useless entirely, that's the law.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Are there any PnP Pathfinder feats/whatever to make heavy armor decent that Owlcat is just not adding? Or do we need to hope for them to invent some OC donut steal mythic feat/ability in a future DLC or update?
TT adds some mythic abilities for armor, as well as fighter armor training feats.

So I turned my video settings down to the lowest possible, and I was able to load the first encounter with Minagho without the massive graphical system crash. After the cutscene I immediately maxed them out again, and so far I've had no issue. Something about that scene must have caused some kind of memory leak, I guess.

Update: Everything was fine until I got to the market square, then I had the same issue. Not sure why some cutscenes do it and others don't. I will try messing with my anti-aliasing settings. I suspect that's the issue.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Ah, I misunderstood your post, sorry
Ok I see the issue, no what I meant was that the meta concerning what classes you pick depends on your Mythic path.

For example, certain Divine classes are insanely good on the Angel path because of spellbook merging.

Basically if you want more info you need to decide on your Mythic path, otherwise all we can give you is generic build advice

mondblut

Arcane
Is it even an RPG anymore if heavy armor is decent? It needs to be either insanely overpowered or useless entirely, that's the law.

Being insanely overpowered is the whole point, otherwise why even bother? Nobody would stomp around with 40 pounds of metal on his back if prancing in pajamas would have been a viable alternative.

3ed killed armor when it introduced dex penalties.

for dual wield is mutation warrior or (spawn) slayer better dps wise? using trickster for the crit feats then legend or i will stay trickster.
Just as it is, Mutation Warrior, but the advantage of Slayer is that you get TWF for free without paying the feat or more importantly attribute score tax.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
for dual wield is mutation warrior or (spawn) slayer better dps wise? using trickster for the crit feats then legend or i will stay trickster.
Just as it is, Mutation Warrior, but the advantage of Slayer is that you get TWF for free without paying the feat or more importantly attribute score tax.
The other advantage of Slayer is the Dispelling Attack.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah DA is pretty sick. Probably second most powerful martial ability next to Dimension Strike/Prescient Attack.

DA is how Legend remains relevant compared to Mythic path powers IMO, CL40 dispel-on-hit wrecks.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Fake news.
Slayer > Mutation warrior for DPS because of sneak attacks.
Fighter get higher AB.

Yosharian

Arcane
Fake news.
Fighter get higher AB.
Ehhh Sneak Attacks are nice but don't scale as strongly as base damage in Wrath IMO

MW gets Weapon Training & Specialization, that's pretty strong. Of course, you could just dip MW 5 and go Slayer for the rest

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Fake news.
Fighter get higher AB.
Ehhh Sneak Attacks are nice but don't scale as strongly as base damage in Wrath IMO

MW gets Weapon Training & Specialization, that's pretty strong. Of course, you could just dip MW 5 and go Slayer for the rest
beside mixing pure slayer does more dmg that pure mw. specialization is +2 dmg... seriously?

Yosharian

Arcane
Fake news.
Fighter get higher AB.

beside mixing pure slayer does more dmg that pure mw. specialization is +2 dmg... seriously?
It's up to +7 damage, +9 if you get greater WS, because of Mythic weapon spec. Weapon Training is also +3 damage minimum. When you factor in weapon crits, these relatively small damage increases start to add up, big time, whereas Sneak Dice are only ever linear.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Fake news.
Fighter get higher AB.

It's up to +7 damage, +9 if you get greater WS, because of Mythic weapon spec. Weapon Training is also +3 damage minimum. When you factor in weapon crits, these relatively small damage increases start to add up, big time, whereas Sneak Dice are only ever linear.
At mythic 10, and spending 2 feats and mythic feat on top of that.

Versus 6d6 sneak dices on every hit, +5 from studied target, its obvious its more dmg unless niche scenarios, and without feat/mythic feats expenditures.

Yosharian

Arcane
6D6 is only 21 damage and it's situational - you have to expose the target to Sneak Attacks, and they must not be immune to precision damage

Spending a mythic feat on it is basically not relevant

Anyway I never said Sneak dice are bad, I'm just saying base damage scales better

Which it clearly does

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom