Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

IllusiveBrian

Novice
NOOOO!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN HALFLİNG CAVALİERS CANT PİCK RAPTORS FOR MOUNTS...

:rage:
:negative:
Do you mean Cavalier of the Paw? Other than beast riders, cavaliers I think can only pick horses, Cavalier of the Paw just specifically gets dogs/wolves instead. Which is to say if you want to play a halfing cavalier with a raptor, Beast Rider should do it for you.
If it's abilities were working the race-unique Halfling Cav would be awesome. So if you want to do a Halfling Cav run just wait until they fix it. Raptor's fine but Dog/Wolf is next level anyway.

I did Kitsune Disciple of the Pike Azata riding Ainu (and Order of the Lion for the eventual Shield bonus on Mount) in Beta and it was awesome so you can do that too to pick up Vulpine Pounce.
I have a character portrait with a halfling riding a corgi lined up for when I decide to do cavalier of the paw, I was just answering the other guy who wanted to ride a raptor for presumably cosmetic reasons. Aren't you the one saying we shouldn't just play to the meta?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
NOOOO!

Do you mean Cavalier of the Paw? Other than beast riders, cavaliers I think can only pick horses, Cavalier of the Paw just specifically gets dogs/wolves instead. Which is to say if you want to play a halfing cavalier with a raptor, Beast Rider should do it for you.
If it's abilities were working the race-unique Halfling Cav would be awesome. So if you want to do a Halfling Cav run just wait until they fix it. Raptor's fine but Dog/Wolf is next level anyway.

I did Kitsune Disciple of the Pike Azata riding Ainu (and Order of the Lion for the eventual Shield bonus on Mount) in Beta and it was awesome so you can do that too to pick up Vulpine Pounce.
I have a character portrait with a halfling riding a corgi lined up for when I decide to do cavalier of the paw, I was just answering the other guy who wanted to ride a raptor for presumably cosmetic reasons. Aren't you the one saying we shouldn't just play to the meta?
There is no Cavalier of the Paw meta lol.

Yeah you want a Raptor Cav go Beast Rider. Just saying limited amount of time and Cav of Paw would be a unique experience. I like the race uniques (the ones that work) and want people to be able to experience them instead of the same memes over and over.

Yosharian

Arcane
They fixed/broke Hellknight's Order of the Nail + Demonslayer. Now, when you take them both, you get nothing at all from Order of the Nail when you choose Outsider.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
NOOOO!

I did Kitsune Disciple of the Pike Azata riding Aivu (and Order of the Lion for the eventual Shield bonus on Mount) in Beta and it was awesome so you can do that too to pick up Vulpine Pounce.
Nah, later in the game, as a mount, nothing compares to a buffed raptor's damage output. Also its pretty much the only way to have effective Leading Strikes in turn based mode.

Desiderius

Patron
the only way to have effective Leading Strikes in turn based mode
How does that work?

Later in the game damage becomes less and less of an issue, and Dog/Wolf does a lot too with what seems like infinite STR + Trip, especially if you can get Greater Trip from TTT.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
image.png

So dies the Ancient Sarkorian Ghost, didn't get his horrible pit off against a Phantasmal Killer with 32 DC at level 10.

Shouldn't undead be immune...

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
And it is not about Aivu herself, she is, first and foremost, extra move action for strongest unit in the field - MC.

You mean move action as mounted? Well depends, my MC was ranged and an arcane caster, so not that useful

Desiderius

Patron
And it is not about Aivu herself, she is, first and foremost, extra move action for strongest unit in the field - MC.

You mean move action as mounted? Well depends, my MC was ranged and an arcane caster, so not that useful
It's very useful there since the Mount can get you into range for Full Ranged Attax or Full Casting (for spontaneous meta) or just into better position while protecting you from most attax.

Desiderius

Patron
image.png

So dies the Ancient Sarkorian Ghost, didn't get his horrible pit off against a Phantasmal Killer with 32 DC at level 10.

Shouldn't undead be immune...
He's got Undead Bloodline. It's a nice combo since a lot of nasty Undead have no Spell Resistance (relying on Immunities that Undead BL or Dirge Bard can bypass).

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Later in the game damage becomes less and less of an issue, and Dog/Wolf does a lot too with what seems like infinite STR + Trip, especially if you can get Greater Trip from TTT.
It is not from TTT, but from Dark Codex - and honestly, this mode has a lot of components that completely break game balance - depending on options it could patch Elemental Barrage back, Enduring Spells on abilities, it makes Kineticist blasts spell-like, removes a ton of feat prereqs, adds feat that gives Ranger's Bond to full Favorite enemy bonus and etc.

Still fun for replays and experiments since it is possible to switch on/off any component, but using it in discussion about build efficiency is kinda weird.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
How does that work?

Well, it works either when you pounce charge (raptor does get Pounce at 7) or when you're mostly stationary with enemies in attack range without movement (otherwise the mount will get only 1 attack). For example Main Char is dual-wielding and has 11 attacks and Raptor has 11 attacks and you generally alternate - and whenever raptor hits after the MC, the Leading Strike mark triggers. Plus on MC crit Outflank AoOs. Challenge is getting the raptor's AB high enough to actually hit serious enemies.

Aeon is in good position here I feel - due to AB Gaze, dispelling enemy defenses on hit, later on possibly using AoO Gaze too (eventually up to +10 AB/damage on AoOs!).

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
How does that work?

Well, it works either when you pounce charge (raptor does get Pounce at 7) or when you're mostly stationary with enemies in attack range without movement (otherwise the mount will get only 1 attack). For example Main Char is dual-wielding and has 11 attacks and Raptor has 11 attacks and you generally alternate - and whenever raptor hits after the MC, the Leading Strike mark triggers. Plus on MC crit Outflank AoOs. Challenge is getting the raptor's AB high enough to actually hit serious enemies.

Aeon is in good position here I feel - due to AB Gaze, dispelling enemy defenses on hit, later on Bane sharing and possibly using AoO Gaze too (eventually up to +10 AB/damage on AoOs!).
Does Bane ever get shared? I couldn't find it anywhere and started to think I imagined it

Yosharian

Arcane
Does Bane ever get shared? I couldn't find it anywhere and started to think I imagined it

Aeon's Summons get Bane at a certain MR, can't remember which one exactly. Animal Companions do not, sadly.
Yeah but what about normal companions? Hap seems to think they get shared and I did before too but I checked it recently and couldn't find any evidence of it a ctually being shared

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
How does that work?

Aeon is in good position here I feel - due to AB Gaze, dispelling enemy defenses on hit, later on Bane sharing and possibly using AoO Gaze too (eventually up to +10 AB/damage on AoOs!).

Should be MR6. I will double check later, though.

Yosharian

Arcane
Wtf Respec mod randomly stops working today?

SIGH apparently it is broken in the latest update. I just never noticed. This means I can't respec any of my companions anymore, jfc good job I already did them and don't need to change any of them

Although apparently when you get Woljif back he breaks and I ahven't got him back yet argh

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Hmm, its been acting a bit funky for me lately but mostly worked. I mean for normal companion respecs (not complete respec), I set up the parameters in the respec mod and then trigger a respec in the Toybox. That seemed to work better for me.

I did 3 respecs this week...

Yosharian

Arcane
That's weird because I just looked at respeccing some companions today and it straight up doesn't work, they just start at the level that vanilla puts them at.

And this is using old saves where the mod previously worked

Yosharian

Arcane
Hmm, its been acting a bit funky for me lately but mostly worked. I mean for normal companion respecs (not complete respec), I set up the parameters in the respec mod and then trigger a respec in the Toybox. That seemed to work better for me.

I did 3 respecs this week...
Wait you're using Toy Box to respec?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom