Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #42: Rituals & Talking Weapon Stretch Goals

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

The Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter campaign is in its final hours and the money is coming in fast. Owlcat have been surprisingly quiet all day, merely marking off stretch goals as they're unlocked and announcing new ones. After Areshkagal's megadungeon, the mysterious next stretch goal at $1,960,000 turned out to be "Magic on the Crusade". It's basically a new system for casting Master of Magic-style ritual spells within the game's strategic crusade layer.

The primary way a crusade differs from usual adventures is in terms of scale - giant armies march across the Worldwound at your command and battle hordes of demons and other abyssal spawn. Magic must accommodate, and also move to a global scale. With this goal, you will be able to research and cast strategic rituals, like in Master of Magic, Age of Wonders, and Dominions series, and change the rules of war.
It took only three hours to hit that and unveil another new stretch goal at $2,000,000. It's the ever-popular intelligent weapon.

Your supportive magic just made the magical goal get funded! But we are not done with sorcery yet, as there is another goal with enchantment involved. There is a weapon in your inventory that starts talking! But do not hasten to throw it away or sell at a flea market. It could become your mini-companion if we reach this goal together. A gossipy one, that's for sure! And pretty handy when it comes to slaying some demonic spawn. Take it with you, as it is dangerous to go alone, you know.
This stretch goal too is bound to make it into the game before the night is done. I'm not as sure about the one after it, which appears to be yet another new class.

Athostar

Novice
They're smashing those stretch goals too fast for all the news haha. I think the got like 200-300k today or something like that.

The best talking weapon in any game will always be Lilarcor (followed by the Ego Sword from Bard's Tale) and no one will ever convince me of the contrary

Tim the Bore

Scholar
I can't wait for this weapon to be all snarky and sarcastic.

That magic system sounds cool though. I really want to know how Owlcat is going to put all these things they promised in the actual game.

molotov.

Novice
Tactical Battle for Armies will be a disaster but the stretch goals were really good. Best stretch goals I've seen on kickstarter.

PatataFamilia

Novice
I would have preferred Dinosaurs to a talking sword, but it'll be interesting to see what Owlbear delivers regardless. They got my pledge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom