Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #88: Dev Diary #3 - The Fortress of Drezen

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Owlcat's third dev diary for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is about Drezen, the massive fortress that will serve as the player character's home base throughout most of the game. It's one of the most complex locations they've ever built, including an elaborate siege scenario in which the player character retakes the fortress from the demons. Drezen will change over the course of the game depending on the player character's chosen Mythic Path. Thanks to the game's new rotatable camera, it also features plenty of verticality. All that and more in the six minute dev diary video, which I'll post here alongside a trailer about the rogue tiefling companion Woljif Jefto released by Owlcat earlier this month.

The new Kickstarter update also announces that Wrath of the Righteous is coming to consoles at some point later this year, but we don't care about that.

Corvinus

Arcane
Impressions (especially after viewing the second video):
B1hHRCN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
If we don't care about the consoles then why you mention it? Some times I don't understand how your brain works. You're a special specimen.

jac8awol

Arbiter
The last few promos and trailers I've seen for this have been incredibly shit. And this was my most anticipated game of this year!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ugh, I fucking hate when a language is spoken over the original language to accomodate US citizens who apparently refuse to read.
Just use subtitles like the rest of the planet. Uncivilized pricks...

Other than that, I don't see what's supposed to be bad about these videos.
Annoyingly voiced thief is par for the course, really :lol:

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
My biggest gripe with this so far is that the story premise doesn't seem as interesting as Kingmaker's. The whole game being about a crusade against EVIL!!! seems like a step back after the relative moral ambiguity of wanting to carve out your own kingdom.
Yes, I realize they probably had no choice but to base the game on one of the existing campaigns.

Mind you, I didn't care for Kingmaker's story and companions much at all, but maybe despite the boring premise this story will be more interesting

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
My biggest gripe with this so far is that the story premise doesn't seem as interesting as Kingmaker's. The whole game being about a crusade against EVIL!!! seems like a step back after the relative moral ambiguity of wanting to carve out your own kingdom.
Yes, I realize they probably had no choice but to base the game on one of the existing campaigns.

Mind you, I didn't care for Kingmaker's story and companions much at all, but maybe despite the boring premise this story will be more interesting
True, but for me the plot hook is that you can end up even worse (swarm that walks, lich, etc..)

Glad

Literate
I have played Kingmaker this year and enjoyed it a lot. It's the best DnD-like game in years, I doubt Baldurs Gate3 will be that good. I have high hopes for the Wrath of the Righteous, but it will probably take a year or more post release for it to be in a good, bugless state.

cpmartins

Cipher
If anything we need more games where you fight EVIL!!! Fuck moral ambiguity. It's for degenerates and fags.
Well, just look at that thing down there. is it a man? A woman? A faggot?
Gender-ambiguous looking NPCs are pure fagbait. Do you know what I think when I look at this:

A man I can trust to rip someone's spine through their mouth if need be.
Do you know what I think when I see the thing down there? "Can I fuck it without feeling guilty afterwards?"

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
If anything we need more games where you fight EVIL!!! Fuck moral ambiguity. It's for degenerates and fags.
Well, just look at that thing down there. is it a man? A woman? A faggot?
Gender-ambiguous looking NPCs are pure fagbait. Do you know what I think when I look at this:
A man I can trust to rip someone's spine through their mouth if need be.

This OR someone you would meet in a gay SM club:
picture.jpg

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

The Story Aspects of the game seem very divergent. Being part of the "Crusades" is different depending on the Mythical path you choose. That said, I have only played Lich thus far, liked what I saw but can not say that much for the other paths (and the still missing content, naturally)

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
This OR someone you would meet in a gay SM club:
Tbh I always liked that aesthetic. Possibly growing up watching Conan the Barbarian, artworks by Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo and listening to Judas Priest had something to do with that, but it's a bit of a shame the gay community wholly hijacked that look.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Is it me or tieflings and other half-demon/half-angel hybrids seem a bit too "common" in these games? To me currently this character gives off the impression of someone cosplaying a naughty demon thief, who says "rawrr :3" not "strange otherwordly being whose goals you might never truly understand" (such as Dak'kon)
Though maybe I'm full of shit since some other characters I like have been like that (Haer'dalis)...
I feel like we need more truly STRANGE characters as companions, none of the ""oldschool"" CRPGs coming out in recent years had that. Even nuTorment had predictably human and boring companions.

Delterius

Arcane
Is it me or tieflings and other half-demon/half-angel hybrids seem a bit too "common" in these games?
If you're thinking this and Baldur's Gate 3 then you're thinking about the two games where it is justified. Wrath of the Righteous is about a region of the world that has seen conflict between demons and angels for one hundred years. And it bears reminding, you don't have to have angels literally fucking mortals to produce blessed bloodlines in the Pathfinder setting. The mere presence of a ridiculously powerful empyreal lord can cause Aasimars to turn up. I don't know the details about Baldur's Gate but I'm told there's a similar situation in there. That said Tieflings aren't 'strange otherworldly beings', they are mortals tainted by the Abyss. Woljif is just a chav.

Reinhardt

Arcane
you don't have to have angels literally fucking mortals to produce blessed bloodlines in the Pathfinder setting. The mere presence of a ridiculously powerful empyreal lord can cause Aasimars to turn up.
Is that what your wife told you when you asked why your son born black?

Delterius

Arcane
you don't have to have angels literally fucking mortals to produce blessed bloodlines in the Pathfinder setting. The mere presence of a ridiculously powerful empyreal lord can cause Aasimars to turn up.
Is that what your wife told you when you asked why your son born black?
imagine having a wife, friends, girlfriends, or a reason to live

Is it me or tieflings and other half-demon/half-angel hybrids seem a bit too "common" in these games? To me currently this character gives off the impression of someone cosplaying a naughty demon thief, who says "rawrr :3" not "strange otherwordly being whose goals you might never truly understand" (such as Dak'kon)
Though maybe I'm full of shit since some other characters I like have been like that (Haer'dalis)...
I feel like we need more truly STRANGE characters as companions, none of the ""oldschool"" CRPGs coming out in recent years had that. Even nuTorment had predictably human and boring companions.

all the magic stuff is too common in their games. Too many magic items, too over done, too many horned weirdo's walking around, just too much..none of these people, (neither owlcat nor Sven) it seems are able to restrain themselves. They seem to think something that is good must be better the more you add of it, thus you get endless exploding barrels of oil and acid etc.. in the middle of a desolate wilderness, entire cities full of 'rare' half human horned demi-god's everywhere you look, magic items falling out of every whores snatch, and poor street merchants who you can sell all 12 of your +6 talking greatswords of dragon slaying to for 175,000 GP each....balanced.

Minecrawler

Educated
Problems start when GOOD vs EVIL is degenerates with halos vs degenerates with horns.
And the crusade is present specifically to subvert the trope and make degenerates the most prominent "crusaders", otherwise they would've gone with the classic: church bad, crusades bad.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane

The problem is that in games made like this the "evil" side are the guys who seem cool or have interesting stories, and the "good side" are a bunch of pretentious and "hip" losers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom