Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #88: Dev Diary #3 - The Fortress of Drezen

Reinhardt

Arcane
"evil" side are the guys who seem cool or have interesting stories
Nah. I don't care about their excuses.

Mortmal

Arcane
Is it me or tieflings and other half-demon/half-angel hybrids seem a bit too "common" in these games? To me currently this character gives off the impression of someone cosplaying a naughty demon thief, who says "rawrr :3" not "strange otherwordly being whose goals you might never truly understand" (such as Dak'kon)
Though maybe I'm full of shit since some other characters I like have been like that (Haer'dalis)...
I feel like we need more truly STRANGE characters as companions, none of the ""oldschool"" CRPGs coming out in recent years had that. Even nuTorment had predictably human and boring companions.

Elves were otherwordly mysterious creatures of the fey realm , banal boring now , then drows were supposed to be even more mysterious, rare on the surface, half the party in a D&d group is drow now. So it's tieflings turn, but at least there's cute teen girls cosplaying them...

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
all the magic stuff is too common in their games. Too many magic items, too over done, too many horned weirdo's walking around.
Exactly, my friend. "Special" ceases being such by the very fact of its over-abundance.
When I'm dumping +3 or "mythical" (or "legendary") weapons in the trash on the regular, doesn't it feel wrong, game designers?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
all the magic stuff is too common in their games. Too many magic items, too over done, too many horned weirdo's walking around.
Exactly, my friend. "Special" ceases being such by the very fact of its over-abundance.
When I'm dumping +3 or "mythical" (or "legendary") weapons in the trash on the regular, doesn't it feel wrong, game designers?

This is gonna be HotU 2.0

but probably worse because of system bloat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom