Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #96: Feature Trailer

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Owlcat is providing us with even more Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous footage, and there's simply no stopping this epic poggers hypetrain!

As an aside, they have announced that the game will be released on previous gen consoles on the 1st of March, 2022. Xbox Series X/S and PS5 as of yet unknown.
And as a reminder, PC gamers will get it on September 2nd, 2021. Master race win? Epic pogchamp PC master race consoletards-stay-losing win?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm firing up my Colecovision now. oh yeah baby.

Uh, no hootmeow in the video? BOOOOOO!!!

The Jester

Cipher
Codex:
Say the line Owlcat!
:mob:

Owlcat:
Screenshot-237.png

Codex:
:hype:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why anybody would ever play an isometric RPG on console is completely beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gwendo

Augur
So, the beta on PC will only finish on March 2022, in time for the console release.

I liked P:K and this one would be an automatic buy for me, but I just don't like the setting (demons, desolated places, war and war...). It seems it will get repetitive very quick.

(I played the first one for around 90 hours and then I was a week without playing it and lost the steam and never picked it up again. I think I was still far from finishing it.)

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
those flying abishais gave me ddo vibes, chronoscope raid. Basically run around marketplace while abishais fly above and occasionaly teleport or land on you

Zeriel

Arcane
It's funny how out of step the companions in the game are with the setting. Le dark fantasy war with demons and then you have the tumblr squad. :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's funny how out of step the companions in the game are with the setting. Le dark fantasy war with demons and then you have the tumblr squad. :M
If it's anything like the first game you'll have more fun making custom companions with cool builds than using the generic premade ones.

Zeriel

Arcane
If it's anything like the first game you'll have more fun making custom companions with cool builds than using the generic premade ones.

My only gripe is how central they made some annoying characters to the narrative--but that's offset by the ability to piss them off or let them suffer, so it's mostly fine.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

My only gripe is how central they made some annoying characters to the narrative--but that's offset by the ability to piss them off or let them suffer, so it's mostly fine.
I see. I haven't played beta or read any impressions of it. I assumed it would be like the first game where you occasionally get side quests where they have to participate but can otherwise stash all of them at home after the first few hours (recruiting mercs is expensive).

Zeriel

Arcane

I see. I haven't played beta or read any impressions of it. I assumed it would be like the first game where you occasionally get side quests where they have to participate but can otherwise stash all of them at home after the first few hours (recruiting mercs is expensive).

There's nothing forced afair with companions, but there's a "please pay attention to us" couple where one of them is central to the narrative, and the other is a companion--so they're kind of "protected" from being completely dismissed, at least early on, and you have to work with them since the narrative is tied to one of them.

Kind of like Cassandra in Dragon Age: Inquisition where you could choose to just ignore them for the most part, but the developers still want to keep them around for story reasons.

_V_

Scholar
And as a reminder, PC gamers will get it on September 2nd, 2021. Master race win? Epic pogchamp PC master race consoletards-stay-losing win?
Given Owlcat's track record console-tards might even start off with a better version (since PC Beta-Tester-Race have been used to iron out the most offending bugs).
I'll be waiting till all the DLC is out (+ a few weeks), anyway. So :smug:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I'm just gonna make all my custom companions fantasy-setting space marines.

Ain't no purge like an Astartes purge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom