Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
No mail, I found out about it when I was invited to Alpha channel on discord.
Double checked mail including spam folder. Nope. I think we should probably expect small Kickstarter update.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No mail, I found out about it when I was invited to Alpha channel on discord.
Double checked mail including spam folder. Nope. I think we should probably expect small Kickstarter update.

Did they say anything about whether people are allowed to stream it or upload videos to YouTube?

How about he Codex account for the portal? Is there an news from Owlcat?

I'm told our backers are supposed to get accounts soon, but DU is having some trouble actually transferring the money to Owlcat, so I hope that doesn't cause any delays.

Thonius

Arcane
They asked not to share any info bugs etc outside of forums and alpha channel.
Gonna ask about youtube and streams.
UPD: Kickstarter update should be dispatched this evening(according to mods, not a dev)
UPD1: No screens, youtube or streams.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They asked not to share any info bugs etc outside of forums and alpha channel.
Gonna ask about youtube and streams.
UPD: Kickstarter update should be dispatched this evening(according to mods, not a dev)

If you can't even share "info", I'd be surprised if they let you stream.

IIRC, when the Kingmaker alpha was released there wasn't even a Kickstarter update because it was that secret.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm just saw the alpha gameplay screenshot in /v/.

zOQHCkU.png

5SkCL5W.png

These are the 2 from that thread so far

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The New Portrait quality is looking good across the board. Can anyone tell if they've implemented a new paintjob for the UI yet?

Turuko

Learned
so you're not supposed to share this stuff?
i didn't go for the alpha tier

looking good btw, effects, textures and most of all lightning are improved

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>so you're not supposed to share this stuff?
No, lol. This alpha stuff is secret for a reason. But it's 4chan, you can't do anything about anons leaking it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2823167

Alpha Test Starts Today

Dear Pathfinders,

This is an exciting and nerve-racking moment for us—today we are launching the alpha testing for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. This is a big milestone for us, as today we are finally ready to show a significant part of our work to the backers. You will be among the first adventurers to start your Mythic Path, face the dangers of the Worldwound, and uncover its deadly secrets! We hope you are just as excited as we are.

If you have alpha test access among your rewards as a backer, you will be able to find your alpha key on the backer portal in the Digital Downloads section. You will also need some additional information and guidelines. They can be found here:

https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/AlphaFAQ

We want to hear what you think and feel and get your feedback, so please join us on the forum (a closed section for alpha testers, which you will have access to if you have purchased the alpha access add-on):

https://forum.owlcatgames.com/c/pathfinder-wotr/alpha-test/32

and on Discord (a special chat for testers): https://discord.gg/XHRdaJc

Your feedback helps us to make the game better!

And if you don’t have access but would like it, you still can get it as an add-on to your tier on the backer portal https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder, and we will happily welcome you to the community testers squad!

If you have any problems with alpha access, feel free to write to our community manager Alexey Ostroukhov: ostroukhov@owlcatgames.com .

Our game is still at an early stage of development. Some content and features are still missing. Alpha means incomplete, so please keep in mind that this version of the future game is not exactly what you will see on release. That is why we are showing it only to a close circle of our devoted community—our backers. We don’t want this to affect the impression the future game will make on its wider audience, which is why we do not allow the streaming, capturing, or publishing of any video footage from the alpha version. We appreciate your understanding.

The alpha will last for 3 weeks. At the end of each week, we will ask you to share your feedback with us by completing special surveys, as a necessary part of the testing.

We want to thank all our fellow crusaders who answered the call to join the alpha test and to help us make the game better! Together we will be able to make something truly mythic.

Another great news for today: there is now an additional payment method on the backer portal. If PayPal was inconvenient for you, now you can use a card to pay for your order. And in a few days, we will launch another requested feature: option to edit finalized orders.

Bonus! To make this update even more special, we want to share with you one more great track from the Wrath of the Righteous original soundtrack—“The Fifth Crusade” by Mikhail Kotov.

To arms, crusaders!

Owlcats

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/AlphaFAQ

Alpha-Test F.A.Q.

Welcome to the alpha test for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous! You will be one of the first adventurers to start your Mythic Path, face the dangers of the Worldwound and uncover its deadly secrets!

Please take a few minutes to read the following notes and instructions, so you will know what to expect.

What awaits you:
  • 2 first chapters of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
  • All the old classes from Pathfinder: Kingmaker and 6 new ones (with plethora of archetypes) with 2 prestige classes
  • 10 companions, who will join you on the adventure
  • First steps in 6 Mythic Paths
  • Additional reactivity for companions
  • Mounting your trustworthy animal companion and charging into battle
Hiding in the plain sight.
We won’t allow streaming of alpha or recording of gameplay, because we don’t want to show a half baked product. There are a lot of placeholders, mechanics in work and, overall, unfinished stuff. We understand that you like to see it as soon as possible - and we will definitely show you the most finished parts on our streams - but we don’t want the alpha version to shape the impression of our game. We ask you to understand why we want to wait some time before showing more of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

Alpha means incomplete
Our game is still in development. Certain content and features are still missing:

• Turn Base is not in the game yet
  • Not all classes, archetypes and character options made it into the Alpha
  • Cloud saves don’t work
  • We are still working on improved and additional customization options for most races
  • Army gameplay and all related features are not presented in this build
  • Some of the dialogues will go through additional iterations of proofreading
  • Interface haven’t been updated yet, so they were taken from Kingmaker, and there are placeholders for new features
  • Mounted combat is partially implemented and theere is first draft of animation
  • Legend, Locust Swarm and Golden Dragon Mythic Paths are not available in the alpha version
  • Romances are not in the Alpha either
  • Currently, Woljif Jefto only has dialogues — his companion quest is in the work
  • Most of the new portraits are not finished, so they are not in the alpha version
  • Glossary links are missing
  • Evolving Animal Companions are not implemented yet
  • There is no tutorial in the game right now
So, there will be bugs and we strongly encourage all testers to help us find them. Speaking of which…

Bugs! How to submit bug report.
Playing an alpha means you may encounter all sorts of glitches, hiccups, and technical problems. The game might break — and that’s okay because that’s what alpha testing is for! In fact, we encourage you to break the game! Does something not behave the way it should? Let us know! If you find bugs - report them to us and tell us how to reproduce them.

Most bugs (stutters, typos, ability issues, etc.) can be reported by clicking Alt+B and filling the form with all the details about the bug . If you hover over an object, item, or npc the reported will be automatically assigned to the responsible developer, which will help us immensely.

If your game crashes or freezes - you can send us a bug report via email following this guide

Known issues and fixes.
While there are a lot of bugs, we are aware of most of them and are working on their fixes. This thread has a list of known issues that you can face during your gameplay.
There are workarounds or fixes for some of them, so it won't ruin your playthrough: https://forum.owlcatgames.com/t/known-issues-and-fixes/17460/

Save your progress!
Some bugs might ruin the playthrough, other can be fixed with loading the earlier save (or even save/load). This is why we stringly recommend to turn on autosave feature.

The Alpha runs via Steam
You need to use Steam in order to access the alpha test client. As promised, the final release version of the game will also be available on other distribution platforms and DRM-free on GoG. However, for this alpha test, we will only be using Steam.

To run the Alpha you will need to press the “+ Add a game” button and then enter your key, just as you do with any other Steam key. You’ll need to go to the properties and switch to the “pre-alpha” branch then.

We need your feedback!
There will be three surveys during the alpha test. It will help us immensely if you spare some time and fill them. Without your feedback the game wouldn’t be able to reach its full potential! We will post the links to the surveys on forum and discord.

Discussions about alpha, suggestions and feedback are welcomed! You can join our friendly community on forum and in Discord. Our developers have access to the closed forum branch and alpha test discord channel, so they will read it and might ask some questions.

Thank you for your support and your participation in our alpha test. Your contribution is immensely helpful to us! Thank you for your help and have fun!

Commander's Handbook.
There are a lot of new things in the game: mechanics, classes, enemies, NPCs, etc. So we’ve prepared a couple of guides for you to delve into all the new stuff. We will post them periodically, so you won’t be overwhelmed by them on the start of the alpha.
First Commander’s Handbook is a guide to the Crusade mechanic of our game: https://forum.owlcatgames.com/t/commanders-handbook-how-to-crusade/18262

Open Game License
Our game is running under the Open Game Licence (OGL) for it has Open Content derived from Pathfinder. This is reflected in our special End User License Agreement window, which will be shown when you launch the Alpha build for the first time. Links to OGL related documents will be included in the EULA.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom