Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll gladly sacrifice my XP. I hope there's a way to kick her out of the crusade or maybe send her on a suicide mission.

InternalRevenue

Educated
So I read in the Owlcat forums the 6th arcanist archetype is White Mage (which looks rather boring and on the less useful side on paper), which means no official Blood Arcanist. Rather disappointing they didn't spring for this much cooler option.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Trannies exist in the real world. Having one in your game doesn't make the game automatically woke. It's how they're depicted that matters.

Except that Pathfinder is a high fantasy world. You can even shapeshift even into a dragon. Anyone who wanna to change their gender can use reincarnation or similar spells;

And surprise WoR actually mostly treat it that way. There is not much angst about it like Amber Scott NPC in Dragonspear.

"Hey I enjoy being women fucking other women, I am going to drink magical potion. Voila!"
I had actually forgotten that the same person who awkwardly inserted a trans character into WoTR did the same thing to Baldur's Gate.

guestposting

Educated
Has anybody found the tiefling companion after the gargoyle disruption? Can’t seem to locate the fucker on the big desecrated temple map.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
It does come up eventually. You find a scabbard for Irabeth's family sword and when you give it back to her she says she sold it to pay for Anevia's sex change.

That's more elegant than "btw I'm trans." A rather weird thing to just blurt out though.
Yeah I don't know any trans people, but that shit-tier kind of line in SoD I can only expect from vegans.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I do know a trans person and their trans spouse and based on that, I think a more realistic dialog exchange would start like this:

PC: Hello.
NPC: I'm trans, how dare you make my identity the punchline to your jokes!? Society is literally killing us!!!
PC: Um ok. *walks away*
NPC: *chasing after* Quit oppressing my right to exist!

Ol'man

Educated
It does come up eventually. You find a scabbard for Irabeth's family sword and when you give it back to her she says she sold it to pay for Anevia's sex change.

That's more elegant than "btw I'm trans." A rather weird thing to just blurt out though.

Just hit this point and the NPC didn't tell me what it was for, actually, beyond a "medical procedure" and acted evasive beyond that about the subject.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
So far the encounters are harder than PfK on Core difficulty (it is a new difficulty option).

People who complained about the Spider Swarm in PfK are going to get fucked hard here.

One of the optional encounters has the enemy use Greater Teleport to get to my backside and fucks everybody.

Enemy mages seem more willing to use their spells. And then you have the enemies throwing bodies at you while in the backline reach weapon using enemies are using Divine Favor etc to self buffs and then smack you from behind the meatshields while their Cleric is spamming Channel Negative Energy to fuck you up.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
So far the encounters are harder than PfK on Core difficulty (it is a new difficulty option).

People who complained about the Spider Swarm in PfK are going to get fucked hard here.

One of the optional encounters has the enemy use Greater Teleport to get to my backside and fucks everybody.

Enemy mages seem more willing to use their spells. And then you have the enemies throwing bodies at you while in the backline reach weapon using enemies are using Divine Favor etc to self buffs and then smack you from behind the meatshields while their Cleric is spamming Channel Negative Energy to fuck you up.
That sounds real cool. I think I remember them saying that encounters will be different based on difficulty instead of just bloated numbers. Have you seen anything like this yet? Or are we back to more HP and higher modifiers?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

That sounds real cool. I think I remember them saying that encounters will be different based on difficulty instead of just bloated numbers. Have you seen anything like this yet? Or are we back to more HP and higher modifiers?

Sorry, I haven't had the time to actually try and look over different options yet so I wouldn't know.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Trannies exist in the real world. Having one in your game doesn't make the game automatically woke. It's how they're depicted that matters.

Except that Pathfinder is a high fantasy world. You can even shapeshift even into a dragon. Anyone who wanna to change their gender can use reincarnation or similar spells;

Is there a way to just get a dragon cock? A temporary polymorph or a potion?

Asking for a friend.

Elex

Arbiter

So monks are fucked?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Is there a way to just get a dragon cock? A temporary polymorph or a potion?

Asking for a friend.
Dragon poultry are not yet discovered.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

So monks are fucked?

I am not really sure why Monks specifically are fucked. I mean theoretically, they will still be functional as melee attacker? You can still put your tank to hopefully take most of the damage and send the Monk later. Now I am not playing Monk right now so I am not sure why this better enemy strategy would fuck Monks and not other classes.

guestposting

Educated
There’s a mythic feat that lets you immediately teleport next to any spellcaster who hits you with a spell. Seems ridiculously overpowered until you remember that some enemies have mythic levels, too.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
There’s a mythic feat that lets you immediately teleport next to any spellcaster who hits you with a spell. Seems ridiculously overpowered until you remember that some enemies have mythic levels, too.
Also I think there a chance that some spells will be able to kill/down your character in one hit, so enemies will have fun with teleporting corpses of your party around.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeah I don't know any trans people, but that shit-tier kind of line in SoD I can only expect from vegans.

Better hope Owlcat finds a good editor, because they're all over the place in the alpha.

Desiderius

Patron
Gameplay (itemization, mob variety, area design) great, writing often the Potter-style gossip-girl shit that P:K largely avoided, with some welcome exceptions. So far the new classes are mostly mind-numbingly redundant (Oracle, Witch, and Shaman). They have thrown in some twists to make each companion unique, as they did in P:K.

Paladin getting a Companion this time (and a mount!) is major incline. The game going out of its way to describe how cute the boys are who tell you how attractive she is is Dumpsterfire-tier ethnonarcissism-by-proxy.

Desiderius

Patron
Gregz,

Zen Archer is flat out busted.

CotW: Flurry replaces Rapid Shot and Manyshot, so you save some Feats

WotR: Nah, go ahead and take ALL the shots.

EDIT: he gets Rapid Shot, but it does nothing but give him -2 to hit if he turns it on. It is a prereq for Improved Snapshot I guess.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
redundant (Oracle, Witch, and Shaman)

This classes AREN'T redundant.
  • Oracle = Spontaneous divine caster
  • Witch = A arcane caster with a specific spellbook that blurs the barrier between arcane and divine by being a conduit of a outsider force(eg - winter, moon, sun, etc) and Witches has a unique resource(Hex)
  • Shaman = If Wiches are arcanes with one step towards divine, shamans are divine with a step towards arcane.
  • Arcanist = A hybrid between Wizards and Sorcerers. They prepare spells like Wizards and casts like Sorcerers and can exploit the magic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom