Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nothing out of the ordinary in furry-world. And they prefer to be called scalies.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think it's fair to have almost only fucked-up romance options. You are fighting in a crusade against the worst evils the multiverse has to offer, that shit fucks with your sanity.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
And people were worried the game will cater too much to the good and lawful alignments...

Lacrymas

Arcane
The only romances in RPGs that are worth a damn are Jedi Exile + Visas (they understand each other's pain), Nameless One + Deionarra, Regongar + Octavia (they found comfort in each other during their mutual slavery), aaaaand that's it? There should be, you know, chemistry in the romances. Having a harem of available meat to romance is beyond tasteless tbh.

That's why I think fucked-up options are a good compromise. It's not like an exhibition where you are invited to gawk at and choose. Can't wait to make Camellia cum while my insects are devouring a virgin alive. And yes, Roguey, I told you she's mine.

EDIT: Forgot about Christoph + Anezka in VtM: Redemption.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The only romances in RPGs that are worth a damn are Jedi Exile + Visas (they understand each other's pain), Nameless One + Deionarra, Regongar + Octavia (they found comfort in each other during their mutual slavery), aaaaand that's it? There should be, you know, chemistry in the romances. Having a harem of available meat to romance is beyond tasteless tbh.

That's why I think fucked-up options are a good compromise. It's not like an exhibition where you are invited to gawk at and choose. Can't wait to make Camellia cum while my insects are devouring a virgin. And yes, Roguey, I told you she's mine.
Dragon Age: Origins romance with Morrigan is not complete trash and it's worth experiencing at least for the ritual dialogue before the fight with the archdemon. You are left with the doubt she started everything only to manipulate you into giving her what she wants, but it's clear that in the end she developed feelings and is trying to ignore them to follow her lifelong objective.

Haer'Dalis-Aerie romance is interesting even if toxic (but the Regongar-Octavia relationship is just as toxic).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Morrigan suffers from typecasting syndrome. She's the woman who "needs to be tamed" and doesn't know she needs intimacy until you come along. Those kinds of harems are the worst, just an assortment of "types" you get to choose from. That's not all there is to Morrigan, but it's almost all.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Camellia is
a serial killer, animal abuser, cannibal, potential kinslayer.
O-oh... that sounds really b-bad...
cover9.jpg

Trashos

Arcane
The most realistic romance I have seen in an RPG is the Jaheira one, and you are all just a bunch of Jaheira haters.

(TNO+Deionarra was pretty cool too)

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Morrigan suffers from typecasting syndrome. She's the woman who "needs to be tamed" and doesn't know she needs intimacy until you come along. Those kinds of harems are the worst, just an assortment of "types" you get to choose from. That's not all there is to Morrigan, but it's almost all.
That's true only if you ignore the ending: she doesn't get tamed and she doesn't want that intimacy (or, at least, there's something she wants more). She takes what she wants and abandons you. Even better, if you don't give her what she wants from you, she leaves you before the most crucial fight of your adventure.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The most realistic romance I have seen in an RPG is the Jaheira one, and you are all just a bunch of Jaheira haters.
The only good thing in BG Jaheira/Aerie/Viconia hyper-love-triangle is that they can start heavily arguing anytime anywhere, even while you are in the middle of a terrifying and disgusting dungeon, with dismembered kobolds under their feets.

That, and the fact you can tell them to shut the fuck up.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I restarted my WotR playthrough to get some of that sweet CG goodness. Writers are hopelessly biased toward CG.

Cheer up, Hap, Lawful Dispel Magic stuff may end up the strongest in the end. Couldn't resist that free Mirror Image and +3 to all skills for first time through.

People raised on Pushkin are always going to have a soft spot for scoundrels.

Trashos

Arcane
NJClaw, Jaheira starts like an archetype of a strong woman, then you handle her correctly, and she ends up following your lead (within some restrictions). I 'd say there are a lot of things to appreciate in her arc.

In a sense, she is a lot like Kingmaker companions.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
They could not be laying it on more thick when it comes to Camellia's duplicity and depravity. Having the potential Traitor Companion be nakedly untrustworthy sounds like a fun change from the sympathetic likes of Yoshimo and Tristian. All her SadoCannibal babble is great too, feels like they're channeling the excessively vilified stereotype of tabletop roleplaying held by fundamentalists during the Satanic Panic. It's some Jack Chick/Dark Dungeons level shit, reads great. Do we know what companion belongs to which writer yet?.
So, the dragon companion of Azata mythic path is named

Aivu, and she is just freaking sweet. I only wanted to play Lich, but now I'm all torn.

>Aivu looks at you with an expression of absolute despair on her face. {/ N} \" A terrible thought occurred to me. Horrible! What if my tongue is ugly?"

>"When I grow up, I can turn into whoever I want! In anticipation of this day, I began to make a list of what I want to become... To be honest, there's already almost four hundred points ..."

>" I would like to have a puppy, but a flightless pet is not suitable for dragons."

>"I like Lann, but he's terribly, terribly sad, even when he's joking. No, not like that: he is especially sad when he jokes. Everything is the other way around, I don’t understand this."

>"Regill - boo. Let's drive him away. Come on, please? \ "

>"Sosiel always smiles at me. But he draws me wrong! I tell him - add me a second tail, fluffy, and woolen paws, and you can also have a golden tuft of gold. He says - but you're not real. But who cares, how truly, if you can make it up?"

>If you look on the one hand, I like it, but on the other, I don’t like it that much. She always seems to tell me \ "hey, small fry! \" I'm certainly a little dragon, but still the dragon!"

>"Camellia is beautiful, but her spirit doesn’t want to talk with me. Maybe shy? \ ""

>"Woljif allowed me to pull his tail, so he is now twice as much my friend than before."

>"Nope. You are with me! By the way, we must not forget to ask the demons when we meet them next time - how are they not afraid to fight us already? ."

Damn, and here I thought I was decided on Swarm for my path.

Desiderius

Patron
I think it's fair to have almost only fucked-up romance options. You are fighting in a crusade against the worst evils the multiverse has to offer, that shit fucks with your sanity.

If you've read your Juvenal, you understand that the original Romance* was already there on any imaginable depravity.

No small reason why Rome fell to men (and women) made of sterner stuff.

* - Moscow being the third Rome in the Russian imagination they're not unaware of any of this.

Lacrymas

Arcane
NJClaw, Jaheira starts like an archetype of a strong woman, then you handle her correctly, and she ends up following your lead (within some restrictions). I 'd say there are a lot of things to appreciate in her arc.

Jaheira is your aunt and her husband's corpse wasn't even cold yet.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Just FYI, the anons have been datamining the alpha and have posted companion dialogues and some of the mythic feats/abilities. I recommend not reading the thread unless you want to get spoiled, but here it is: https://boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/290747993.

Jesus, after reading some of this I start to wonder if letting the demons win isn't the better option. I really don't want to know what happens if Camilla becomes mythic.

Desiderius

Patron
That's true only if you ignore the ending: she doesn't get tamed and she doesn't want that intimacy (or, at least, there's something she wants more). She takes what she wants and abandons you. Even better, if you don't give her what she wants from you, she leaves you before the most crucial fight of your adventure.

Sounds like SJW punishment for wanting a hot chick companion for a change.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Jaheira is your aunt and her husband's corpse wasn't even cold yet.
"No, Khalid, what have they done to you?! I will never forgive what happened, I will never forget you... but this bhaalspawn is pretty tempting... ahah, just kidding... unless?"

Daidre

Arcane
The only romances in RPGs that are worth a damn are Jedi Exile + Visas (they understand each other's pain), Nameless One + Deionarra, Regongar + Octavia (they found comfort in each other during their mutual slavery), aaaaand that's it?
How TNO + Deionarra is even Romance?
She is already dead and he never loved her.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The only romances in RPGs that are worth a damn are Jedi Exile + Visas (they understand each other's pain), Nameless One + Deionarra, Regongar + Octavia (they found comfort in each other during their mutual slavery), aaaaand that's it?
How TNO + Deionarra is even Romance?
She is already dead and he never loved her.

One-sided love is the kind that RPG nerds can most relate to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom