Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Speaking of Desna, are you supposed to find Tall the Wallflower before you finish the Garrison? Also one room in Garrison haven’t made it into yet.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Did the swarm path has any alignment restriction?

Or is it not in the alpha yet?

Seriously don't read if you don't want to spoil yourself.

Swarm is so fucking evil, that even a demon lord looks at you in disgust.

>Your voice rings like the wings of a myriad of insects. The world breaks into pieces, reflected in the countless facets of countless eyes. Your body trembles, ready to decay into many small bodies, but still retains its shape - for the time being. The goddess and demon lord are looking at you - so different, but now they look at you with the same thing: disgust with a touch of horror. {/ N} "

>Iomedae: "You took from the Abyss the gift of power - but surpassed your donors in wickedness! Listen to me, disgusting creature. You have started on the path that will bring Golarion to disaster, uncountable, like the larvae that swarm in your black heart. I would destroy you right now - but for the time being I will hold my hand so as not to make it worse. Know: when this crusade is over, a new one will follow. You will crush the hordes of demons-but you will not stand against the angels!"

>Sosiel: "You're like a living insult to Shelyn, embodied ugliness. Evil that even demons despise. I no longer want to have anything to do with you! \ ""

>Wolfjif turns pale. {/ N} \" Commander? Hey commander! It's me! And ... and don’t lay eggs in me."

>Greybor retains an unflappable voice, but a grimace of disgust appears on a whitened face. {/ N} \" Ahem ... It was necessary to include the right to termination in the contract if the tenant turned into a damned monster \ "."

Huh I honestly was expecting that Swarm will be more "neutral" than Demon or Lich. The KS description seems to make it that the Swarm will be revenge(?) based from the "Golarion failed you". It seems that it might be the evilest instead.
The idea behind the Swarm-that-Walks finds its roots in the Age of Worms adventure path for D&D 3.5, an adventure that revolves around the Wormgod Kyuss, whose manifestation is a giant Worm That Walks. Pathfinder also has a template which follows the same concept. Kyuss and Worms that Walks are always described as particularly evil and vile, so the Swarm that Walks was obviously going to be evil.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm going Trickster then Commander (when it's implemented). Liking it so far.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Did the swarm path has any alignment restriction?

Or is it not in the alpha yet?

Seriously don't read if you don't want to spoil yourself.

Swarm is so fucking evil, that even a demon lord looks at you in disgust.

>Your voice rings like the wings of a myriad of insects. The world breaks into pieces, reflected in the countless facets of countless eyes. Your body trembles, ready to decay into many small bodies, but still retains its shape - for the time being. The goddess and demon lord are looking at you - so different, but now they look at you with the same thing: disgust with a touch of horror. {/ N} "

>Iomedae: "You took from the Abyss the gift of power - but surpassed your donors in wickedness! Listen to me, disgusting creature. You have started on the path that will bring Golarion to disaster, uncountable, like the larvae that swarm in your black heart. I would destroy you right now - but for the time being I will hold my hand so as not to make it worse. Know: when this crusade is over, a new one will follow. You will crush the hordes of demons-but you will not stand against the angels!"

>Sosiel: "You're like a living insult to Shelyn, embodied ugliness. Evil that even demons despise. I no longer want to have anything to do with you! \ ""

>Wolfjif turns pale. {/ N} \" Commander? Hey commander! It's me! And ... and don’t lay eggs in me."

>Greybor retains an unflappable voice, but a grimace of disgust appears on a whitened face. {/ N} \" Ahem ... It was necessary to include the right to termination in the contract if the tenant turned into a damned monster \ "."

Hmm, sounds like your companion will leave you if you choose swarm. Not really ideal for a first playthrough. Wonder if it requires to be chaotic, didn't really sounds like a lawful thing.

Guess I'll go with gold dragon or lich first then.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

But that's not in this game, isn't it?

Embark on a journey to a realm overrun by demons and rise to power by choosing one of six available Mythic Paths. Master their abilities and change the world around you as an Angel, a Lich, a Trickster, an Aeon, a Demon, or an Azata. Each Mythic Path leads to unique skills and appearance, and greatly impacts the game’s story.

Then you have Gold Dragon and Swarm as stretch goals

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Shit's getting wild in that thread on /vg/, if you don't want some late game spoilers I suggest not to look. There is a lot of things Owlcat forgot to cut from those alpha files, it seems.
I'm not going to spoil myself, but is it a positive or negative reaction?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Shit's getting wild in that thread on /vg/, if you don't want some late game spoilers I suggest not to look. There is a lot of things Owlcat forgot to cut from those alpha files, it seems.
They're saying it's so amazing. They're even heralding it as the next Pathfinder kingmaker

ChildInTime

Learned
Positive. Just like with Kingmaker, they managed to salvage all the shit Paizo and Amber wrote and make it something much better.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Bewilderment. It's primarily the waifu simps faltering in their resolve over learning about the nature and... ultimate conclusion to the romance options. It's a strange and impressive path to take narratively and they're not taking it so well, but their reactions ought to be taken with a grain of salt.

Stay far away, dataminers found a loooot of info on the companion quests, mythic path reactions and end-game plot points.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Stay far away, dataminers found a loooot of info on the companion quests, mythic path reactions and end-game plot points.
Actually, this is a very good sign. Not every game is heavily datamined; honestly, only Monster Hunter: World comes to my mind. Well, and all of the Dark Souls, for sure. To establish such reputation among the most avid and autistic players is something to be very proud of.

I guess CoD's and other money grabs are being datamined as well, but I think it's more commercial interest than pure enthusiasm there.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

It's the Alpha. All kind of shit isn't in-game yet. I'd have a hard time imagining it not being in, given the setting/set-up.

I mean from the KS it is clear that it is not planned at all no? And Owlcat Mythics seems really Mythical instead of just, well, Marshal.

Maybe they will make Mythic Paths DLC later.

InternalRevenue

Educated
Are any of the Mythic paths suited for a neutral druid type character? Initially I thought the swarm might sort of fit that bill but now it sounds more fitting for
pathfinder Daemons
Kingmaker treated and represented true neutral well, so it's a bit disappointing if they don't have a like-minded Mythic path available.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Are any of the Mythic paths suited for a neutral druid type character? Initially I thought the swarm might sort of fit that bill but now it sounds more fitting for
pathfinder Daemons
Kingmaker treated and represented true neutral well, so it's a bit disappointing if they don't have a like-minded Mythic path available.

There is none lol. Owlcat hates Druids.

The most suitable is probably Legend, that's it, staying human.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
pathfinder Daemons
There's Azata, what with all of it's woodland friends. It seems more morally malleable than the likes of Lich or Angel.

Lacrymas

Arcane
pathfinder Daemons
Swarm is neutral (chaotic?) evil although it's kind of weird that it is. It's a concept taken from Lovecraft I believe, the worm-that-walks. For a neutral Druid, I'd go Aeon. Or maybe Gold Dragon/Azata. Being neutral doesn't mean you wouldn't do good deeds and everything should be gray or tinged with a little bit of malice to even it out.

Delterius

Arcane
pathfinder Daemons
Azata and Aeon, obviously.

Aeon is like being true neutral throught Time and Space.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Still can't play the fucken thing. Crashes to desktop all the time, and freezes.

>New Vegas launch flashbacks intensifies<

It's almost as if it's an alpha.... IM ANGGRIII .

REEEEEEEEEE

jf8350143

Liturgist
When will the pre-order open for steam or GoG? I want throw some money on Owlcat's stupid face for making me wait and play their buggy game at launch.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Still can't play the fucken thing. Crashes to desktop all the time, and freezes.

REEEEEEEEEE

If you have 2 graphic cards maybe set it up to use the better one. On mine it defaulted to use Intel graphic card.

When loading the game the first time don't do anything. Not even opening a browser. The alpha seems very resource consuming and doing anything else unless you have very good PC might cause problem.

Desiderius

Patron

REEEEEEEEEE

If you have 2 graphic cards maybe set it up to use the better one. On mine it defaulted to use Intel graphic card.

When loading the game the first time don't do anything. Not even opening a browser. The alpha seems very resource consuming and doing anything else unless you have very good PC might cause problem.

It takes awhile to settle in but then goes reasonably smoothly. I hit my hiccup in Market Square. Make sure you don’t have the 100% Disk issue or any big memory hogs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom