Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Are any of the Mythic paths suited for a neutral druid type character? Initially I thought the swarm might sort of fit that bill but now it sounds more fitting for
pathfinder Daemons
Kingmaker treated and represented true neutral well, so it's a bit disappointing if they don't have a like-minded Mythic path available.

There is none lol. Owlcat hates Druids.

The most suitable is probably Legend, that's it, staying human.

You should be able to get there with Aeon and/or Azata or a Feyspeaker Trickster.

Or are they too hardcore LN/CG/Cx?

Owlcat doesn’t hate Druids, they were strongest class in P:K. Bards/Freebooters had irreplaceable effects but Pet + Fast progression + Feyhosing was unmatched.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are any of the Mythic paths suited for a neutral druid type character? Initially I thought the swarm might sort of fit that bill but now it sounds more fitting for
pathfinder Daemons
Kingmaker treated and represented true neutral well, so it's a bit disappointing if they don't have a like-minded Mythic path available.

You should be able to get there with Aeon and/or Azata or a Feyspeaker Trickster.

There is none refers to nature-themed. I guess Azata can counts but Azata is supposed to be CG.

I guess the closest one would be Trickster. Nature/Fey themed Druid. I am more expecting some kind of big NATURAL ORDER stuff for Druid Mythic Paths. I think Pink Eye posted something about that when people were guessing about the "Magic on the Crusade" stretch goals. Somekined of big nature guardian thing.

Last edited:

InternalRevenue

Educated
pathfinder Daemons

Aeon seems more like something and inquisitor/hellknight/Valerie type would pursue, but at least Druids can be lawful neutral, unlike the CG Azatas. Legend may well be the one to go with.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Azatas are druid-like in the sense they are fey-like. They also sometimes have elemental forms/bodies. If the neutral druid's goal is to protect the wilderness, Azata are a good choice because protecting the wilderness means battling demons in this particular case.

Ol'man

Educated
Shit's getting wild in that thread on /vg/, if you don't want some late game spoilers I suggest not to look. There is a lot of things Owlcat forgot to cut from those alpha files, it seems.
I'm not going to spoil myself, but is it a positive or negative reaction?
Positive. Just like with Kingmaker, they managed to salvage all the shit Paizo and Amber wrote and make it something much better.

Pretty much this. Alpha is just a small slice of the game but it already feels like they made Amber's stuff as unobtrusive as possible, unless you go digging for it in the dialogue, which isn't needed to advance things (that I've noted, anyways).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If wasn't by the devaluation my country currency, i would have beta access too... So, i will buy this game since is available but without regional pricing, is too expensive.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, mounted combat is already in O_o
Paladin chick gets a smilodon and can rode it to combat. Both can attack at the same time
Most animation are broken as expected and you cannot leave maps while mounted.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Inb4 the only difference is a change of model and the mount having an extra attack. Which is bad because it means mounted combat is optimal. If I were them, I'd restrict the use of mounts to big maps where you are leading crusade soldiers maybe.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The justification is it being optimal to always be mounted.

And what is the problem? Is optional to use weapons(except for monks), so lets take out the option to use weapons? Let the players have fun. How many RPG's allow mounted combat? I can only think about mount & blade.

Desiderius

Patron
Currently all it does is trade tactical flexibility for speed. It’s far from always optimal. Taking pet over Divine Weapon Bond is probably optimal, but if you ever played Pal in P:K you know DWB is really good too (it’s min/lvl for each use) and too many pets gets cluttered. Oracle/Shaman can get pet from Nature Mystery/Spirit.

There are a few minor Mounted feats they can add but hard to see it being game-breaking.

Desiderius

Patron
Kalarion,

The Natural Order neither sucks nor owns. It merely is. Ignorance of it is costly, mastery profitable. Supernatural is to be understood as akin to supersaturated, not to abolish but to fulfill. A superhero is not thereby a villain for being super.

Cope spelled with an "h" is hope, if only a fool's hope, which of course it is in all senses. Only a Denethor would deny there being any hope in WotR, and that because his iPalantir is giving him a purposefully incomplete picture of the possibilities, if not probabilities.

The writing in WotR is growing on me. Ask Sosiel about his art.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
The Natural Order dictates that North American plains are to be inhabited by proud warrior tribes and not littered with towns and roads.

I hope Putin will set the world to rights and make it happen one day.

Efe

Erudite
the guy pronounces it like CRY ME AH.
is this for real? do you guys pronounce it the same?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:yeah:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2831570

The Last Stretch Goal is Funded! Backer Portal and Alpha Q&A Stream Today

Mission accomplished! The slacker backers have spoken, and with their help we’ve managed to hit the very last stretch goal, an intriguing and exotic one—the hunter class and dinosaurs will take their place in the game! Yes, you can now start thinking up a character build for your very own dino-riding hunter!

While our game designers are rushing to implement the new class in the game system, and our artists are starting the modelling and texturing for these new exciting animal companions, we want to thank the whole backer community once again. When we launched the Kickstarter campaign, we couldn’t even have imagined that you would surpass all our expectations and fund all the stretch goals we had prepared for you, even the wildest ones. Roarr!

a3eadf47e3e86d0ecde4a32d1fafc86c_original.jpg

© 2008, Paizo Publishing, LLC | Artist credit Ben Wootten

Off to another news—two weeks have passed since the backer portal launch, and one week—since the Alpha test start. We’ve been receiving a lot of questions and comments from you during all this time, so we decided to go on air and have a live chat with you! Do you want to know more about the backer portal or alpha test? Or maybe you have some questions, comments, or opinions left unanswered? Join us for a Q&A session today on twitch.tv/owlcatgames at 11 AM PDT / 2 PM EDT / 8 PM CEST / 9 PM MSK.

07082539edd372ba298233e93f6feed5_original.png

With this update, we also want to highlight a new incredible game campaign, that have just hitted Kickstarter.

Black Book—An RPG Rooted in Slavic Mythology
Black Book is an RPG Adventure, mixed with deck-building turn-based combat. It features a heavy focus on the story in the setting of Slavic mythology, which will be instantly familiar to the fans of the Witcher series.

Travel across the lands as you aid common folk by persuading—or sometimes battling—the otherworldly creatures and enlist the help of people you meet on your way, each with their unique backstory and ability.

52049942ec3ab04cc4b1eeb172491e42_original.jpg

Black Book is coming for PC and Consoles in 2021. Visit the game’s Kickstarter page to learn more about it—and if you want to take a closer look, you can do so by playing Black Book: Prologue. It's free, featuring over 20 spells, and the entire Day 1 from the final game—with full controller support!

07082539edd372ba298233e93f6feed5_original.png

To arms!

Owlcats

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

InternalRevenue

Educated
Well that's fast
The campaign was "only" $45,000 away from the goal when it ended, and with the momentum it had at the time a one-day extension would have covered it. For those who might complain about class redundancy, getting those excellent ranger-only spells much earlier and with more casts per day is really nice, and the animal focus feature adds some extra versatility on top of that. Picking out 6 meaningful archetypes that'll translate well to a CRPG will be tough though, we might see some more Owlcat inventions.

I'm wondering how well dinosaurs will be integrated into the game aside from being animal companions; will we see them as enemies? Will druids be able to wildshape into them? Will they be summon monster/nature's ally options?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Additional Stretch Goal: Druid Companion and Mythic Path plz Owlcat

The campaign was "only" $45,000 away from the goal when it ended, and with the momentum it had at the time a one-day extension would have covered it. For those who might complain about class redundancy, getting those excellent ranger-only spells much earlier and with more casts per day is really nice, and the animal focus feature adds some extra versatility on top of that. Picking out 6 meaningful archetypes that'll translate well to a CRPG will be tough though, we might see some more Owlcat inventions.

I am honestly expecting funding to petter out after the KS campaign. After all the people who want to fund are already funding. Besides maybe Russian which I think their CC is not accepted by KS or something?

Well glad that we got it that fast anyway.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Everyone talking about how Evil Swarm is but what most interested me is that you basically got direct line to Iomedae, and that you can apparently accept Power from Demons. so does that mean you are basically God's employe ? and that you can basically turn crusade from Reformation into Counter Reformation in religious terms ? Basically turn Crusade into Anti Crusade ?. Im now interested and wondering if its possible to side with Demons and how epilogue look like if that happened.

Lacrymas

Arcane
At most you'll be able to side with the demons at the end. It will be a completely different game if you side with them somewhere in the middle, aka more work. I wouldn't expect any narrative deviancy based on choice really.

Also, what's the difference between Ranger and Hunter? It seems redundant to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom