Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Well that's fast
The campaign was "only" $45,000 away from the goal when it ended, and with the momentum it had at the time a one-day extension would have covered it. For those who might complain about class redundancy, getting those excellent ranger-only spells much earlier and with more casts per day is really nice, and the animal focus feature adds some extra versatility on top of that. Picking out 6 meaningful archetypes that'll translate well to a CRPG will be tough though, we might see some more Owlcat inventions.

I'm wondering how well dinosaurs will be integrated into the game aside from being animal companions; will we see them as enemies? Will druids be able to wildshape into them? Will they be summon monster/nature's ally options?

Big advantage of Hunter is sharing Feats with pet. A lot of overlap with Sacred Huntmaster.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, i hope you guys enjoy the Alpha ... :argh:

Can you guys tell me which mounts are available for the cavalier? (and if only the Cavalier has access to miunted combat)

Also are there new Animal companions? (apart from the Dino of course)

Please throw me some breadcrumbs here.

Desiderius

Patron
So far only mount is Smilodon, and Paladins also get access to mounts. Would guess Hunter will too.

Actual Mounted Combat (Feats and the like) isn't in game yet, but Cavs get bonuses tied to Mounted Combat which probably(?) are. I'll know within a week or so.

Corrections welcome if I'm off on any of that.

guestposting

Educated
Everyone talking about how Evil Swarm is but what most interested me is that you basically got direct line to Iomedae, and that you can apparently accept Power from Demons. so does that mean you are basically God's employe ? and that you can basically turn crusade from Reformation into Counter Reformation in religious terms ? Basically turn Crusade into Anti Crusade ?. Im now interested and wondering if its possible to side with Demons and how epilogue look like if that happened.

Haven’t done a demon run in the alpha yet, but my guess would be more that you turn the crusade into a war of regime change to get yourself installed as the new ruler of the abyss. Then maybe you can turn on the crusade in the last chapter.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
At most you'll be able to side with the demons at the end. It will be a completely different game if you side with them somewhere in the middle, aka more work. I wouldn't expect any narrative deviancy based on choice really.

They probably can make 2 or 3 variations of short last chapter based on what you have chosen (good, neutral, evil) which branches out a bit depending of the actual path, but yeah.

InternalRevenue

Educated
Having another look at the Paizo Hunter Archetypes it seems I was wrong about about the dearth of crpg-friendly options; Owlcat could implement the Divine Hunter, Feral Hunter, Feykiller, Forester, Totem-bonded, and Verminous Hunter, all with few to no alterations. None of those are unduly boring either.

Desiderius

Patron
Having another look at the Paizo Hunter Archetypes it seems I was wrong about about the dearth of crpg-friendly options; Owlcat could implement the Divine Hunter, Feral Hunter, Feykiller, Forester, Totem-bonded, and Verminous Hunter, all with few to no alterations. None of those are unduly boring either.

Several of those are in CotW. If WotC implements (optional) Proper Flanking/Soft Cover (and they should), Hunter goes well with the Teamwork Feats that go along with that, since those Feats require ranged prereqs that most melee toons don't want (but Hunter pets get free).

Urban Hunter and Colluding Scoundrel look good as well. If they want to go all out and implement Traps Patient Ambusher would also be nice and give you another option for Perception/Trickery.

Last edited:

InternalRevenue

Educated

Urban Hunter and Colluding Scoundrel look good as well. If they want to go all out and implement Traps Patient Ambusher would also be nice and give you another option for Perception/Trickery.

While fun archetypes, those first two would need more tweaking, and given Owlcat's intent to build primarily for RTWP, scapegoat and captor would need overhauls or commissions. I don't see them adding the proper flanking/cover system either unless they've vastly improved enemy AI's targeting priority and positioning (which you would be in a better position to judge).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Digging through Wrath of the Righteous asset files...and I can't find the portraits, just like with Kingmaker EE.

Owlcat must have hidden them somewhere. Really weird.

:incline:

MbYq9iT.png

I found them in the files in the Bundles directory. Very good program: https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio

Helped me find three additional Kingmaker portraits as well.

Desiderius

Patron

While fun archetypes, those first two would need more tweaking, and given Owlcat's intent to build primarily for RTWP, scapegoat and captor would need overhauls or commissions. I don't see them adding the proper flanking/cover system either unless they've vastly improved enemy AI's targeting priority and positioning (which you would be in a better position to judge).

Just make pet permanent Scapegoat, which he would be most of the time anyway. Nice aggro management tool, which are a little lacking and will likely be more needed.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Digging through Wrath of the Righteous asset files...and I can't find the portraits, just like with Kingmaker EE.

MbYq9iT.png

I found them in the files in the Bundles directory. Very good program: https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio

Is that white haired women in the bottom right suppose to be the player place? Been seeing her a lot lately

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

MbYq9iT.png

Is that white haired women in the bottom right suppose to be the player place? Been seeing her a lot lately
Yeah, she's one of the player portraits.
I want to know why they would de-age Galfrey?! And what happened to Ember?!

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You mean show her true age, right? She's 100 years old, just been drinking potions of youth. And I assume it's only gonna be one of the possible paths, probably not among the Good ones.

Ember was burned at the stake when she was a kid for being a witch. Her backstory was revealed in one of the kickstarter updates.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
You mean show her true age, right? She's 100 years old, just been drinking potions of youth. And I assume it's only gonna be one of the possible paths, probably not among the Good ones.

Ember was burned at the stake when she was a kid for being a witch. Her backstory was revealed in one of the kickstarter updates.
I had to go look again, I guess I didn't realize there were burns Ember's face too until I saw the larger picture.

Desiderius

Patron
So took Second Mystery (Nature) on Daeran for his Mythic then at lvl seven took the Mount Revelation, which gave me a choice between a Horse and a Wolf. Unfortunately pet is stuck at lvl 2 even with Boon Companion at this point. You ride an actual Horse, but Icon is Smilodon.

Already have more companions I want to keep than slots, which is a good sign.

Ember and Daeran will definitely be permanent fixtures, which is awkward since they're both CHR (Seelah not looking like she's making the cut), probably keeping Lann (?), just got to Sprigganknight and don't know how I don't take him, though haven't figured out exactly how he's finessing that Hooked Hammer. Is there any way to get DEX to damage on it?

guestposting

Educated
So took Second Mystery (Nature) on Daeran for his Mythic then at lvl seven took the Mount Revelation, which gave me a choice between a Horse and a Wolf. Unfortunately pet is stuck at lvl 2 even with Boon Companion at this point. You ride an actual Horse, but Icon is Smilodon.

Ember and Daeran will definitely be permanent fixtures, which is awkward since they're both CHR (Seelah not looking like she's making the cut), probably keeping Lann (?), just got to Sprigganknight and don't know how I don't take him, though haven't figured out exactly how he's finessing that Hooked Hammer. Is there any way to get DEX to damage on it?

There’s a mythic feat that gives you dex to damage on every finessable weapon.

Desiderius

Patron

lol. I’d bet good money it won’t (and shouldn’t) work for Hooked Hammer, despite the fact that he is finessing it.

Typical LE horseshit. Sprigganknights.

guestposting

Educated

lol. I’d bet good money it won’t (and shouldn’t) work for Hooked Hammer, despite the fact that he is finessing it.

Typical LE horseshit. Sprigganknights.

Mythic weapon finesse absolutely works (keep in mind he also has Fighter’s Finesse, which lets him finesse wield non finessable double weapons).

My level 8 Regill has a +4 Dex bonus, hooked hammer specialization for +2 damage and fighter training for another +1. With a +1 hammer, he’s doing 1d6 + 8 damage with the blunt side and 1d4 + 6 piercing damage with the other side. For some reason specialization only applies to the hammer, but fighter training applies to the hammer and the hook.

Edit: mythic finesse gives you DEX to damage “when using weapon finesse,” so that combined with fighter’s finesse (the fighter gains the benefits of the weapon finesse feat with all melee weapons of the associated fighter group) makes it work.

deuxhero

Arcane
Everyone talking about how Evil Swarm is but what most interested me is that you basically got direct line to Iomedae, and that you can apparently accept Power from Demons. so does that mean you are basically God's employe ? and that you can basically turn crusade from Reformation into Counter Reformation in religious terms ? Basically turn Crusade into Anti Crusade ?. Im now interested and wondering if its possible to side with Demons and how epilogue look like if that happened.

It's part of the original AP and one of the many, many reasons it's shit
You meet her in one of the later parts. The encounter consists of her damaging you for not knowing random trivia questions and insulting you for random things. The AP makes it possible one or more PCs is her kid, and the whole encounter doesn't mention it once.

purpleblob

Savant
Finished Alpha - that was super fun :D Can't wait for a full release (and beta before that!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom