Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Strange it seems that those clips are hidden/private. You can't find them in a youtube search and they don't pop up on the uploader's profile.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Travel map for Chapter 4, The Midnight Isles. Beware spoilerz.
S0IBbPa.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
All are pretty good, but I really dig the thumping in the Lich one.

Makes me imagine a melee Lich smashing entire rows of enemy units with his weapon akin to Sauron in the Battle for Middle-earth II RTS. :obviously:

Shinros

Learned
Really dig the Lich, Demon and Aeon theme. Overall I have to say the soundtrack is pretty good and each theme fits their respective mythic well.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
nd since majority of the RPGamers are boys, they tend to be very competitive about being coolest Men in the story and feel annoyed and/or subconsciously threatened when someone else constantly shown as too capable, smart or sexy for their comfort zone (which varies wildly from player to player).

You can see this design philosophy in generations of Bioware's character-heavy games - for male character to be competent in what in essence a power trip for the player, he should have some prominent defect: evil like Sarevok and Canderous, childish and crazy like Edwin or just too alien in face or culture to compete - like Sten or Garrus. Strange enough, dwarfs are usually allowed to have some healthy measure of masculinity (shorties?).

So yeah, we were stuck with a male-half-party of whiners, forever-betas, pretty boys and spineless immature idiots long before developers started sucking up to SJWs (may those rot in hell).
Yeah right, and Keldorn is a piece of shit that nobody liked, right?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Travel map for Chapter 4, The Midnight Isles. Beware spoilerz.
If they keep following the original AP then chapter 5 will have a another new large map for the Ivory labyrinth and chapter 6 for the city of locusts.

Desription of the Ivory labyrinth from pathfinder wiki:
The first maze always encountered by visitors is the namesake Ivory Maze; the walls, ceilings, and floors of the hallways and chambers of this section are entirely covered with uncountable bones of every description. Beyond it, the realm is easily as large as some planets, and employs confusing twists of all sorts of architecture, geography, and metaphysics. Explorers have reported that its many treacherous terrains include cities' worth of tightly packed streets, entire mountain ranges criss-crossed with winding paths, plains with jagged protrusions of bones, vast warrens of underground tunnels, impassible swamps, twisted rivers, and impenetrable forests.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
All of these sound like horrible synthesizer experiments to me, nothing sounds like a "theme" or has a theme to it. I don't know when did the RPG industry lose its ability to compose actual musical themes, but Pillars was the same shit, Divinity Original Sin 1/2 was even worse. Btw, what do you think Lacrymas ?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't pick between morph alchemist, pack barb, or cultist of lamashtu, or those 2 new op notbarb notranger classes for my Na'Vi. I wish she traded some of her Dex for Wis.

Too many archercasters in game.

btw Gods in game
include your own character in the list. probably for your guys to worship you after lichdom

There are no archercasters in game. Morph alchemist probably a trap since Alchemist can already just cast the Beast Shape Spells on himself if he wants to do that.

Pack Bard looks absolutely busted in two.

Salvo

Arcane
Thank you for the info lads! I was planning to make a Steelblood Bloodrager build (Steelblood because I like how armor looks), possibly as a Two-Hander / Reach build, but I'm not extremely familiar with the class. What's a good setup that would allow me to have decent AC while dishing out damage with self-buffed weapon attacks?

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
All of these sound like horrible synthesizer experiments to me, nothing sounds like a "theme" or has a theme to it. I don't know when did the RPG industry lose its ability to compose actual musical themes, but Pillars was the same shit, Divinity Original Sin 1/2 was even worse. Btw, what do you think Lacrymas ?

They are generic video game music, but it obviously has themes. They are not compositions but very rare for games to genuinely compose. Best you can expect is good tracks like so:

Testownia

They are generic video game music, but it obviously has themes. They are not compositions but very rare for games to genuinely compose. Best you can expect is good tracks like so:

1. The Azata one sounds like a track from Icewind Dale.

2. Also, in terms of sheer accomplishments, I have to say that Aeon blatantly outshines everyone else:
- Saves Terendelev from death.
- Turns a Worm-That-Walks back into a mortal, and his apprentice to boot.
- Saves an entire fucking city from falling (rolls back the fall of Drezen through time-travel).
- Sends the Angels trapped inside the Ward Stones back home, instead of screwing with them in some way.
- Says "nope" to Desna's brainwashing of Aru, and the corrupted Aru has the hots for him.
- Scares the shit out of Camilia, who immediately loses all pretences of innocence, or ignorance, or insanity.
- Can become a king to an actual kingdom.
- (According to rumours) can also "nope" Noticula's redemption in the late game.
- (According to rumours) can also go back in time and save Ember and her father from the pyre.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom