Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
What, 4 weeks? OMG!

So soon? Damn. How will I have enough time for this?

I mean I didn't play P:K until four months after release...

Reinhardt

Arcane
Heh if I had started the beta sooner I could probably have pulled off a Hepzamirah kill faster than that. I was testing a sword saint with toolbox against her and managed to pull this off:
unknown.png

(The entire fight is from the start of attacking her there to her dying.) Because of dimension strike you can actually afford to take both power attack and piranha strike if you so wish to. Most of the time you would probably want 1 or the other disabled, but when it comes down to making dramatic pictures like this they work really well. With a bit of optimization I could probably get this down to a single hit kill.
350k exp for chapter 1 fight...

Salvo

Arcane
Heh if I had started the beta sooner I could probably have pulled off a Hepzamirah kill faster than that. I was testing a sword saint with toolbox against her and managed to pull this off:
unknown.png

(The entire fight is from the start of attacking her there to her dying.) Because of dimension strike you can actually afford to take both power attack and piranha strike if you so wish to. Most of the time you would probably want 1 or the other disabled, but when it comes down to making dramatic pictures like this they work really well. With a bit of optimization I could probably get this down to a single hit kill.
350k exp for chapter 1 fight...
She's chap 4 though

Sharpedge

Prophet
What, 4 weeks? OMG!

So soon? Damn. How will I have enough time for this?

I mean I didn't play P:K until four months after release...
I really should hold off on playing the official release until its had at least a few patches, but playing the beta has only made me more keen to play the full release. I am probably going to play the full release on launch and then regret my decision...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
ONLY 350k exp for chapter 4 fight? I thought we are talking about mythic epics here. Pathetic.

That is very common in high level D&D CRPG adaptations. On PST, after going to Carceri, everything that you do gives a ridiculous amount of XP. Kill an demon and get 500k xp(sure a tough demon but you can't die in PST), convince citizens to not burn a guy and more hundreds of XPs. BG2:SoA throws a shirtton of XP in Underdark and later chapters too.

This game is much more high level than Kingmaker. Without disabling the xp share option, you will probably end kingmaker chapter 1 at lv 4~6. In this game, you will probably end close to 10. I who played with a small party reached tier 9 magic on chapter 3.

Sharpedge

Prophet
ONLY 350k exp for chapter 4 fight? I thought we are talking about mythic epics here. Pathetic.

That is very common in high level D&D CRPG adaptations. On PST, after going to Carceri, everything that you do gives a ridiculous amount of XP. Kill an demon and get 500k xp(sure a tough demon but you can't die in PST), convince citizens to not burn a guy and more hundreds of XPs. BG2:SoA throws a shirtton of XP in Underdark and later chapters too.

This game is much more high level than Kingmaker. Without disabling the xp share option, you will probably end kingmaker chapter 1 at lv 4~6. In this game, you will probably end close to 10. I who played with a small party reached tier 9 magic on chapter 3.
You will end Ch1 of this at level 6 if you clear it thoroughly. At the end of Ch 2 you will be level 9-10. At the end of Ch 3 you will be level 14-15 and at the end of Ch 4 you will be level 18-19. It might be possible to get higher than those values, I am not sure, but I do think I did a fairly good job of cleaning out the zones.

Desiderius

Patron
You clowns don't deserve a game this good.

The loot just keeps getting better:

More sweet Gear.jpg

Did someone say C&C?

Sweet Barleybrew.jpg

Now this is the real barrelmancy:

Cayden Pwnage.jpg

Desiderius

Patron

Sharpedge

Prophet
Now this is the real barrelmancy:

View attachment 20339
Well that's nice so Calistria, Cayden and Gyronna are the only deities (that we currently know) that can affect gameplay. I'm glad that Owlcat did good with deity reactivity.
There is some Erastil reactivity as well.

Pretty sure I’ve seen Iomedae and Desna too. There were some Bard lines in there as well.
I would be surprised if Iomedae doesn't have the most, given the setting. Desna has a bunch of it with relation to Arueshalae's quests. There is actually some atheist reactivity as well, which I was not expecting at all when I started my demon character.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I've been informed that Demon Mythic Path goes deep with Rovagug.
Probably, yeah. I just figured a demon would be more likely to worship themselves than some other deity so I went with Atheist since its closer than the other options.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom