Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
What does STR matter? Buck-broken Cleric doesn’t have better stats. You’ll enjoy game more and find success easier with better attitude.

user

Savant
God the trailer is awesome. Haven't been hyped so much for a game since deerhunter 4!

Desiderius

Patron
That monk bro can shoot arrows like a machine gun later on.
Does he become better than Ekundayo?

Sort of. There isn't a bow like Devourer of Metal in Wrath but yeah he more than holds his own. Then again Ekun has Okbo too. Lann sets up well for several pet classes himself if you want to go that way but I'm just now exploring all the many abilities of straight ZA.

The spell-likes are underrated I think but Cleaving Shot is just absurd now that it works.

Efe

Erudite
lann has bigger dmg dice at least
when you consider mythics and arues point buy they easily surpass ekun.
not felt as much cos more enemies have DR

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm taking Lann ZA3/Sacred Huntsmaster X, though I'm not far enough along in this playthrough to see how it handles. Since I don't like playing divine casters and I don't like Sosiel as a character, pairing Lann with Daeran as two non-clerics seems like a decent compromise.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm taking Lann ZA3/Sacred Huntsmaster X, though I'm not far enough along in this playthrough to see how it handles. Since I don't like playing divine casters and I don't like Sosiel as a character, pairing Lann with Daeran as two non-clerics seems like a decent compromise.

There are better pet classes for Lann than SH. Why play the same thing as P:K? I don't get this.

Desiderius

Patron
lann has bigger dmg dice at least
when you consider mythics and arues point buy they easily surpass ekun.
not felt as much cos more enemies have DR

DR is pretty easy to bypass. You can buy Cold Iron ammo cheap early if you're worried about it.

He gets growing dice plus Flurry plus extra Ki attack plus Perfect Strike + Free Point Blank Master. His Shout bypasses SR and DR and grows all the way to 20d6 and he'll be in position for it since he starts with Combat Reflexes so he wants to be in melee. Snap Shot is in game and Mongrels get +2 free Natural Armor. Move + Scorching Ray/Shout seems like a good first turn to get into position then follow up with Full Attax with a gorillion attax each, most at full BAB. Dimension Door currently a Standard Action once that's fixed will also be good.

Aru's point buy is whatever (high INT is nice for skills) since bonuses from stats are only a small piece of what you end up presenting.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Isn't Arueshalae the best bow user among companions?

Lann's better with Short Bow, Aru Long or XBow, Wend Axes. MC Staff Sling and go off with Ranged Party.

Aru's best ability is her Ranger's Bond and there aren't that many natural sources of Barkskin among the companions so she can fill that role plus be your Trickery source if you need one. Rangers have a nice spell collection and with Snap Shot in-game and Point Blank Master from her Archery Combat Style she can eventually get there to go melee with Bow too to take advantage of Aspect of Wolf.

Percy

Cipher
I might be missing something but both Lann and Wendaug have been MVPs when in party. I've taken Desiderius advice this play through and went short bow for Lann and he's shredding. They fuck shit up.

If you dunno what to do with Daeran a safe bet is build as a buff bot, use boundless healing mythic and get the channeling headband he can heal all party members a lot.

I would only multi class Lann if you want a non MC druid really.

I've restarted the last beta a few times at lost Chapel as wasnt feeling the builds, game definitely is fucked up crusade wise after drezen.

Some of the random encounters have been fucked too. I ran into a grown nasabu in kenabres, story over if the demons really did that

Sunri

Liturgist
I might be missing something but both Lann and Wendaug have been MVPs when in party. I've taken Desiderius advice this play through and went short bow for Lann and he's shredding. They fuck shit up.

If you dunno what to do with Daeran a safe bet is build as a buff bot, use boundless healing mythic and get the channeling headband he can heal all party members a lot.

I've restarted the last beta a few times at lost Chapel as wasnt feeling the builds, game definitely is fucked up crusade wise after drezen.

Some of the random encounters have been fucked too. I ran into a grown nasabu in kenabres, story over if the demons really did that
Yea thats what i did just made him into buffing/healing machine also what the hell were they thinking when they made gnome hellknight lol with shitty feats

Percy

Cipher

Yea thats what i did just made him into buffing/healing machine also what the hell were they thinking when they made gnome hellknight lol with shitty feats

Yeah, I am a bit annoyed with Regil he is built like some all purpose bad ass but with a puny will save.

I still find him useful though.

Sharpedge

Prophet

I ran into a Tarry Demonded (spelling?) in Kanabres in a random encounter. I just reloaded.

Percy

Cipher
Had some really tough ones in ch.3 as well. For example - Voracious Nafelsheene, Conquerer Glaabrezu and 3 Abyssal Huntress at level 10 and another one pretty much the same except with a Distorted Mythic Schirr instead of the Glaabrezu. :shredder:

Hahah, I copped something similar in chapter 2, it sucks when you're surrounded.

It took me a few reloads to beat.... I wouldn't have done it without last stand though.

Percy

Cipher
I have got to say playing with a fighter with no dump stats and building up the trip feats has been pretty cool.

Need to neutralize someone? Just trip the cunt.

It makes some fights a breeze but obviously wont work on everyone.

Parabalus

Arcane
That monk bro can shoot arrows like a machine gun later on.
Does he become better than Ekundayo?

Sort of. There isn't a bow like Devourer of Metal in Wrath but yeah he more than holds his own. Then again Ekun has Okbo too. Lann sets up well for several pet classes himself if you want to go that way but I'm just now exploring all the many abilities of straight ZA.

The spell-likes are underrated I think but Cleaving Shot is just absurd now that it works.

Is ZA FoB still bugged to stack with Rapid shot?

Desiderius

Patron
Had some really tough ones in ch.3 as well. For example - Voracious Nafelsheene, Conquerer Glaabrezu and 3 Abyssal Huntress at level 10 and another one pretty much the same except with a Distorted Mythic Schirr instead of the Glaabrezu. :shredder:

Be careful where you wander…

The Nabasu isn’t that bad.

Desiderius

Patron
Folks there are no healbots or buffbots. This isn’t an MMO.

Obvious Daeran is Evocation nuker. Demons have no resistance to Divine/Holy/Sonic Damage and it comes with debuffs.

Ratvulnerabletoholy.jpg

And sometimes you've just got to slay Strength be damned. Look at Dio!

Daeran11Melee.jpg

There are heads needing cracked.

Second Mystery is working now so time to go off.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Yeah, I am a bit annoyed with Regil he is built like some all purpose bad ass but with a puny will save.

I still find him useful though.

Now you find his weapon instead of buying it (saves you 30k) but it slays. His abilities make up for Will saves. His Feats are fine and Order of the Godclaw gives Morale AoE AC bonus which is really good.

He’s a Leading Strike machine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom