Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FriendlyMerchant

There are also inexplicable fuck-ups, like the entire Witch class and all the archetypes using the wrong stat for Hex DCs and never changing it despite being repeatedly reported by everyone for months.

Time to place bets. Who's in for Hex DC's being unfixed even after launch?

Also is Vital strike still functioning incorrectly? I think it's still broken in Kingmaker. Last time I checked it out was a patch or two after the turn-based patch and that bug was still in the game.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There are also inexplicable fuck-ups, like the entire Witch class and all the archetypes using the wrong stat for Hex DCs and never changing it despite being repeatedly reported by everyone for months.

Time to place bets. Who's in for Hex DC's being unfixed even after launch?

Also is Vital strike still functioning incorrectly? I think it's still broken in Kingmaker. Last time I checked it out was a patch or two after the turn-based patch and that bug was still in the game.

It took them two years to get Endurance, the third level ability all Rangers get, to give its Athletics bonus, which is the main point of the ability and came up a good bit in the game if you either made Amiri a Ranger or Ekun your Athletics guy.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It took them two years to get Endurance, the third level ability all Rangers get, to give its Athletics bonus, which is the main point of the ability and came up a good bit in the game if you either made Amiri a Ranger or Ekun your Athletics guy.
I was shocked when I saw that popping up in the skill bonus. I couldn't believe my eyes. Wanted to splurge on some shampagne, but I thought it would be awkward in the middle of July.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Yo, do Mythic Paths cuck you for leveling too much before acquiring the path, like Kotor 1? Or there is a failsafe mechanic?

Is there a path that fits grenadier? I want to make bigger explosions with my bombs.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
kotor's is like prestige classes.
mythics are dual progression. yes you can use them to qualify for things in main branch but you arent really penalized like in kotor

Zeriel

Arcane
Yo, do Mythic Paths cuck you for leveling too much before acquiring the path, like Kotor 1? Or there is a failsafe mechanic?

Is there a path that fits grenadier? I want to make bigger explosions with my bombs.

The way the Paths work is pretty weird. It's basically retroactive though--I'm not sure how that will work with the late-game paths that weren't in the beta, but what I saw of the design is they made it so you aren't punished in anyway for it, it's just rather awkward pacing. Basically once you reach a certain threshold (which is long after the concept of the paths are introduced to you) you gain a bunch of mythic powers at once.

Sunri

Liturgist
G5gzSYO.png

I can't go any further in the citadel if anyone has any idea how to get around it, please help

Percy

Cipher
Gotta say Daeran as an evocation nuker with the gear you can find in the Ivory Labyrinth is super good. Desiderius is right.

You can also get some gauntlets in blackwater which give you spells like the ring of pyromancy but right now it's bugged, so I had to use the toy box mod to exit.

Midnight Fane as an azata is a much different experience too

Desiderius

Patron
Gotta say Daeran as an evocation nuker with the gear you can find in the Ivory Labyrinth is super good. Desiderius is right.

You can also get some gauntlets in blackwater which give you spells like the ring of pyromancy but right now it's bugged, so I had to use the toy box mod to exit.

What will be interesting is if you can get Arbitrament to work, though that’s probably not a great fit for an Azata run.

Saravan

Savant
Perhaps someone knowledgeable or who has played the beta can answer these:

1. Is Crane Wing and Riposte still bugged like in Kingmaker so that they work even if there is no free off-hand?

I read that there are alignment restrictions on the mythic paths and that for Azata you needed to be at least one step from CG, which is the path I was planning for my build. I also read that you can switch your alignment based on the mythic path you take so you aren't locked out of it.

But what happens if I pick something like Irori (that requires LG, LN, N or LE and is more than 1 step from CG) for a free improved unarmed strike in order to get Crane Style and then pick Azata path? Do I lose all the feats that had improved unarmed strike as a pre-requisite?

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
I read that there are alignment restrictions on the mythic paths and that for Azata you needed to be at least one step from CG, which is the path I was planning for my build. I also read that you can switch your alignment based on the mythic path you take so you aren't locked out of it.

But what happens if I pick something like Irori (that requires LG, LN, N or LE and is more than 1 step from CG) for a free improved unarmed strike in order to get Crane Style and then pick Azata path? Do I lose all the feats that had improved unarmed strike as a pre-requisite?

https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Traits

I'm not sure about that specific situation, but I think the Oblate Martial Disciple background trait gives you improved unarmed strike for free, which would solve your issue.

Desiderius

Patron
Any system that empowers the unpaid to contribute creates incentives for the paid to sabotage it.

See JarlFrank and Realms Beyond. Letting players beta test your product is never going to work like the suits want it to because QA wants to get paid.

Desiderius

Patron

I'm not sure about that specific situation, but I think the Oblate Martial Disciple background trait gives you improved unarmed strike for free, which would solve your issue.

It does, but the underlying issue is Saravan making the game way more complicated than it needs to be. Just let go of the Crane Style security blanket and don't worry about it.

Saravan

Savant

It does, but the underlying issue is Saravan making the game way more complicated than it needs to be. Just let go of the Crane Style security blanket and don't worry about it.

Dude I'm just curious about the mechanics, of course you can't help yourself from drawing some retarded conclusion.

Yeah that was my alternative. Had my sights on another background that would be more beneficial if I could solve it through the free deity choice as a Slayer Deliverer.

Desiderius

Patron

What will be interesting is if you can get Arbitrament to work, though that’s probably not a great fit for an Azata run.

Got my Arbitrament line-up all set on CN Archaeologist Trickster playthrough:

LannZA10 crit on Minagho.jpg

Arch10vsstauntoncritcore.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom