Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sunri

Liturgist
When i played shitty fire dancer bard game was 2 hard i had rest almost every 1/3 fights to buff my party i dropped him before siege then rolled ranger and game expierience was completely diffrent i feel like playing mage/spell casting class would be a chore

Yosharian

Arcane
I like all this complaining about difficulty. Sounds like a clear improvement on the first game

Kingmaker was pretty alright on difficulty imo. The endgame though was a bit of a drastic spike especially if you didn't invest into blindfight.

Kingmaker is ridicoulously easy between levels 7-8-9-ish all the way to the very endgame where it spikes again, even on Unfair. It's my main issue with the game. It would be on my top 10 if not for the difficulty issues.

Kingmaker early game on Unfair is the perfect difficulty for me, except for places like the Mite cave where I feel like they should have either cut the trash a bit or lowered the length of some of the encounters (either would be fine). If the game had made at least some encounters as difficult throughout (not saying everything needs to be hard), it would have been an infinitely better experience for me.
You can fix most of this with mods very easily

Mortmal

Arcane

Saravan

Savant
Speaking of important shit, Desiderius. Where the hell do you even hire the succubus before doing the final boss fight in Drezen? So far I just freed her from prison and she went "Ok, thanks, bye". Did I miss something then or I'll have another chance to bring her to the party hidden somehwere?

In case you wanted some actual information just go here: https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Arueshalae

Beware of spoilers though if that's important to you. The Wiki is also a bit incomplete for obvious reasons but just google and you will eventually find some answers elsewhere.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some things in this game come across as like... gags... Divine Zap has a 1d3 roll, *and* a Fortitude Save for 1/2. Who thought that Divine Zap at 1d3 damage had WAY too much damage, so it has to have a save for half?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Some things in this game come across as like... gags... Divine Zap has a 1d3 roll, *and* a Fortitude Save for 1/2. Who thought that Divine Zap at 1d3 damage had WAY too much damage, so it has to have a save for half?

Only cantrip guaranteed to do damage no matter what.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
So, anyone to sum up the beta?
  • Did they fix savegames size?
  • How long are the loading screens compared to PFK?
  • Did they reduce the loading screens by not having to load constantly ? (entering houses, throne room, micro locations, companions quests involving more loading than content)
  • What about the writing?
  • Last but not least, did they make more interesting companions? Or full party creation?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
So, anyone to sum up the beta?
  • Did they fix savegames size?
  • How long are the loading screens compared to PFK?
  • Did they reduce the loading screens by not having to load constantly ? (entering houses, throne room, micro locations, companions quests involving more loading than content)
  • What about the writing?
  • Last but not least, did they make more interesting companions? Or full party creation?
You can make a full custom party, companions are meh, probably on the same level as the first game

Humbaba

Arcane
Once you got the hang off it the scaling was off. Too hard early too easy late on any difficulty. If you weren’t too exhausted to figure out enemy vulnerabilities by the that even includes House.

I think "easy if you're know what you're doing" is the best kind of difficulty tbh. Rewards you for your skill, your build etc. That's why I found the spike near the end so jarring.

You can make a full custom party, companions are meh, probably on the same level as the first game

So only 1 out of all of them is good? That's a shame, that is something I really hoped they would improve on.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Once you got the hang off it the scaling was off. Too hard early too easy late on any difficulty. If you weren’t too exhausted to figure out enemy vulnerabilities by the that even includes House.

I think "easy if you're know what you're doing" is the best kind of difficulty tbh. Rewards you for your skill, your build etc. That's why I found the spike near the end so jarring.

So only 1 out of all of them is good? That's a shame, that is something I really hoped they would improve on.
Owlcat doesn’t have great writing generally speaking, thought jubilost and nok-nok were pretty good though

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

The companions are great in both games. Minmaxers sucking is messing everyone up, just like Owlcat intended. That's the sadistic part. The writing is subtle enough for many to miss and banal and prolix enough for many to tire of.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

The companions are great in both games. Minmaxers sucking is messing everyone up, just like Owlcat intended. That's the sadistic part.
We are talking about writing, not stats.

Desiderius

Patron
Making a full custom party is neither easy financially nor supported in game. It can be done and that's about it.

Saravan

Savant

The companions are great in both games. Minmaxers sucking is messing everyone up, just like Owlcat intended. That's the sadistic part.
We are talking about writing, not stats.

It's hilarious just watching Autismius keep treating this thread like his personal discord channel. Oh what's that, you are talking about writing? Now listen here about these minmaxers alright.

zapotec

Liturgist
To the people that played the early access, is it better to wait for the "enhanced edition" because it's bug infested like the first title or it's much better?

Humbaba

Arcane
The companions are great in both games. Minmaxers sucking is messing everyone up, just like Owlcat intended. That's the sadistic part. The writing is subtle enough for many to miss and banal and prolix enough for many to tire of.

Well, I mean personality wise Kingmaker's companions were largely ok, I didn't actively dislike anybody except Reg and Octavia and was bummed out when I found out that I couldn't bang Amiri. For a game that advertised itself as character focussed, they were far too weak.

Owlcat doesn’t have great writing generally speaking, thought jubilost and nok-nok were really great though

Calling them great is a stretch I would say. Nok-Nok was surprisingly bearable for a comedy relief character and Jubilost was a bit one-note for me. Though I absolutely love his one near death quote: "I'M BEING KILLED OVA HERE!". That made me lol.

I only really liked Tristian, because his twist did actually surprise me and his character ties into the main story. His voice actor also surprised me with his incredible screeching, after exclusively doing the anime supporting character voice before that point.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

You edited in the above part after I called you out for not mentioning the writing.

Up yours!

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

Well, I mean personality wise Kingmaker's companions were largely ok, I didn't actively dislike anybody except Reg and Octavia and was bummed out when I found out that I couldn't bang Amiri. For a game that advertised itself as character focussed, they were far too weak.

Owlcat doesn’t have great writing generally speaking, thought jubilost and nok-nok were really great though

Calling them great is a stretch I would say. Nok-Nok was surprisingly bearable for a comedy relief character and Jubilost was a bit one-note for me. Though I absolutely love his one near death quote: "I'M BEING KILLED OVA HERE!". That made me lol.

I only really liked Tristian, because his twist did actually surprise me and his character ties into the main story. His voice actor also surprised me with his incredible screeching, after exclusively doing the anime supporting character voice before that point.
Yea, great wasn’t the best term, more on the lines of good is what I meant.

Saravan

Savant
In case you wanted some actual information just go here: https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Arueshalae

Beware of spoilers though if that's important to you. The Wiki is also a bit incomplete for obvious reasons but just google and you will eventually find some answers elsewhere.
What the hell? What are these stats? She's completely broken.

Yeah not sure how accurate those stats are on the wiki. Other sources however confirm the recruiting process. But you have the beta so you can just try and check it out.

Dodo1610

Arcane

What the hell? What are these stats? She's completely broken.

Game stats

Str 13, Dex 22, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 21

Her stats in the books are even better

Str 20, Dex 23, Con 26, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 29

Standard Pathfinder Succubi have
Str 13, Dex 17, Con 20, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 27 btw

Her Cha and Con are actually pretty low for a sex demon

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Stats really aren’t all that important if you’re not trying to beat saves. And she doesn’t have all that much STR either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom