Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Owlcat's next Pathfinder RPG - now in ALPHA STAGE 2

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by purpleblob, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    Something being extremly overpowered is ok in a SP game if it's hidden behind crazy mechanics or after you understand how the system works, aka the reward for time investment.

• Yes Yes x 6
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'd say that's unavoidable in a system with as many moving parts as Pathfinder or even 5E. As long as it requires metagaming and isn't obvious, that's ok.

^ Top  
  3. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    What you will have to recon with is Aunt Kamala.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Volrath Arcane Patron

Volrath
    When is this supposed to be released?

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Dishonoredbr Savant

Dishonoredbr
    June 2021.

• Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    June 2020

• It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Joseph Stalin Totally not Auraculum

Self-Ejected
    Those are pox scars, genius. They are disgusting, and were universally despised throughout the history of mankind as a sign of being unclean. Just like your builds are a sign of a fragile mind.

• rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lawntoilet Cipher Patron

Lawntoilet
    Baby dragon
    Also
    Show Spoiler
    dragon eggs

Give it a shot, you will see
    Which of his builds do you think are so bad? I mean concrete examples.
    I only ask because your earlier description of them very much described InEffect or Nerd Commando builds but pretty much the opposite of what I see Desiderius posting.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Joseph Stalin Totally not Auraculum

Self-Ejected
    None. I don't read builds, since I don't like being hand-held in my gameplay. I'm just writing it to fuck with him, since this obviously gets to him.

As to your answer - other than the baby dragon, what's the difference, story-wise, between Azata and Angel/Trickster. How is the Azata Path dialogue/choices different from those two?

• retadred retadred x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Lawntoilet Cipher Patron

Lawntoilet
    Azata can do things like
    Show Spoiler
    recruit monsters to join the crusade, for example using Mimics against demons
    It's got just as much overlap with Trickster as it does with Angel really.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. razvedchiki Liturgist

razvedchiki
    azata can talk them into fighting for him or through mental domination?

^ Top  
  12. Joseph Stalin Totally not Auraculum

Self-Ejected
    Do you know whether one has to be on the Angel Path to then go onto the Gold Dragon Path?

^ Top  
  13. Lawntoilet Cipher Patron

Lawntoilet
    You use
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Don't know since it's not in the game yet.
    Based on the leaks though it sounds like
    Show Spoiler
    if you favor "Lawful" too strongly over "Good" as an Angel, the dragon won't take you under his wing, so I wouldn't be surprised if you can go Azata->Dragon also.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Joseph Stalin Totally not Auraculum

Self-Ejected
    I wish you're right. I want to keep my Special Magical Dragon Child.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Ghulgothas Scholar

Ghulgothas
    IIRC from the older datamining threads it treats you more like a kind of chaotic good-aligned superhero rather than a staunchly lawful angelic arbiter. It was explicitly likened to being a kind of Aquaman/Squirrel Girl kinda cape, with Aivu your trusty dragon sidekick and all your animal friends teaming up to fight the Forces of Evil. You're also slightly lessen beholden to Iomedae since your powers come from Elysium rather than Heaven.

Also the good-aligned nature of it makes more characters favorable to you than Trickster, who is perpetually the target of suspicion due to them fucking with everyone as opposed to only fucking with demons.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Joseph Stalin Totally not Auraculum

Self-Ejected
    Unless we have a harem, it isn't.

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Angel is NG. Gold Dragon is LG.

CG is like the Hippocratic Oath. NG is about sticking it to E. LG is about paying the cost to be the boss.

Could turn out they write it backwards, but that’s the way it should be. I’m hoping to go Aeon -> Gold Dragon.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Lawntoilet Cipher Patron

Lawntoilet
    I don't know about that, it seems like it's written pretty LG to me. I mean you can certainly navigate it easily enough while remaining NG, but there are a lot of dialogues where you get both an [Angel][Lawful] and an [Angel][Good] choice.

^ Top  
  19. BarbequeMasta Learned

BarbequeMasta
    I hope one can go from Azata to Swarm, eating faggot betrayed animals would be hilarious!

• Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Joseph Stalin Totally not Auraculum

Self-Ejected
    I still have a silent hope there will be a proper CN Swarm path. Although that's very unlikely, unfortunately. Which is somewhat irking. Seems to me a CN Swarm makes more sense than a CN Demon.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. CaesarCzech Learned

CaesarCzech
    Question i know Swarm is pure evil but how about Demon and Lich ? are you forced to Evil as Demon ? can you be non evil as lich ?

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    I think the original 6 Mythic Path will have some internal branch of some sort.

Angel can be LG holy fire avenger or more of NG redemption and mercy guy. I think one of the dev even confirms this in Discord. She corrected it when someone said that Angel is LG/LN and she said Angel is supposed to be LG/NG.

Aeon is.supposed to be stone-cold LN, practically a LE lawyer to get Devil, or a meek LG (no clear advantage right now, probably decent to get to Gold Dragon).

Lich currently can be "power at all cost to fight demon" (sort of LN?) or cackling maniac Whispering Tyrant wannabe (full LE/NE). Edit: from Discord your competing "advisors" from Lich is essentially a vampire from Geb (necromancy/undead nation where non necromancer/indead is 2nd class citizen) or literally the Whispering Way (batshit insane Undead cult. Whispering Tyrant/Tar Baphon was a member and he was the stronges Lich in PF iirc, to the point the Good gods intervenes somewhat).

I am assuming Demon, Azata, and Trickster will have some of their own internal flavors as well.

Gold Dragon, Swarm, and Legend is supposed to late game branch so I would assume they have no internal branch, but we know nothing yet at this point.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • incline incline x 6
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Joseph Stalin Totally not Auraculum

Self-Ejected
    I don't quite get the appeal of those late-game Mythic Paths. The vast majority of players want their playthrough to have a particular "flavour". Besides, from the mined dialogues the Azata Path can turn into a Swarm one? How? The Azata Path is Good/Neutral.

^ Top  
  24. CaesarCzech Learned

CaesarCzech
    Swarm is basically go Insane and Burn it all. So its avalible for any path as response to being screwed over at one plotpoint i think.

^ Top  
  25. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    Because uuuh they have their own theme? LG Gold Dragon is more of protectors of mortal instead of Angelic Avenger of LG Angel and thus is rather unique, or at least that's what people are saying in Discord.

Arguably you can say that it is better to have them early rather than later (as in make all 9 paths availble early) but based on Discord and people who read leaks, the whole point of GD is that he is evaluating you based on your previous actions and will decide to take you on as mentee or not. It makes sense in context that they happen later.

Legend is supposed to be "Fuck theese extraplannar and soul changing assholes, Imma be awesome by my own mortal self!"

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.