Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
I have to ask. Is warrior even considered a strong martial class in this rule set?
I was just realizing that I never crossed any guide/build/video suggesting ANYTHING based on warrior, not even as part of some multi class build.

The big fighter thing in this game is the trickster mythic path that eventually gives you +2 on your crit range, +1 crit multi and treats your natural 1 rolls as natural 20s. With all of these, the +1 crit multi generic mythic feat and an 18-20 base crit weapon, you have a fucking 45% chance to crit with a 4x crit multiplier. That shit is just insane. They even named the last feat of the set "improved improved improved improved critical", which tells you how bonkers it is.

There's also the mythic version of the vital strike feat group that multiplies all your bonus damage in addition to the weapon dice, so now you deal almost the same damage in a single hit without losing hit chance (loss of the haste hit and sneak damage etc. not being multiplied may break it even based on your build though, this shit requires some calculations and not essential).

Anyway there are two classes that can go really well with this type of build and one is fighter, the other being the slayer.

Fighters now have a mutagen subclass which give them +8 str on endgame like a vivi. Since its an alchemical bonus, it stacks with everything else you find in the game and there are no alternative alchemical bonuses elsewhere afaik. You still get to keep fighter bonus feats and BAB so it looks kinda neat.

Two handed fighter is not too shabby (since we will be going 40+ Str) but they don't have as much attack bonus as the other options so they lose some damage on tough to hit bosses. Other fighter bases either have less feats or irrelevant bonuses. Base fighter has armor training but I'd prefer the mutagen bonus.

Slayer is also neat with sneak attacks and feats, along with bonus chance to hit abilities so it's a worthy contender. The way I see it, slayer is better if you go full attacks but (mutagen) fighter is better for vital strike. I think I'll go vital strike just for the lulz
Why only two classes ? Everything in melee could benefit of that too, the magus using high crit weapon especially. Is there a problem with modifiers stacking ?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
2h fighter:
This is amazing.

1. This is the first video of a native English speaker regarding Pathfinder mechanics that actually shows the calculations and a tested working build.
2. And yet this youtuber calls himself "BolshyPlays", which clearly uses the slavic stem for "large" or "majority" or just "bolsheviks".

Westerners ("westoids"?) what's going on with elementary calculus in your nations?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Dude they have a orc tranny paladin, just fuck off
The orc's wife is a tranny, not the orc. Get your shitposting right, nigga.
You can rip half the orc's face off tho if you go full ooga booga :smug:
Oh yea, the wife was originally a dude, so technically it’s not gay, fucking hell:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have to ask three times to get details I think. I never got past two. Solasta made me pick my own pronouns, this lets you pry into some tranny’s life.

Obv which one the retards bitch about. Wouldn't be surprised if she were FtM who changed her mind and had to pay for the surgery to change back.

She acts more like a Tomboy than your typical MtF dork.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Other fighter bases either have less feats or irrelevant bonuses. Base fighter has armor training but I'd prefer the mutagen bonus.

Irrelevant bonuses.

Gauntlet thrown.

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Oh yea, the wife was originally a dude, so technically it’s not gay, fucking hell:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have to ask three times to get details I think. I never got past two. Solasta made me pick my own pronouns, this lets you pry into some tranny’s life.

Obv which one the retards bitch about.
Quit being butthurt, both games have fag stuff, I don’t give a shit just want to play fun gayme but writing still sucks tho

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Looks like the owlcat team was playing Kings bounty 2 on Twitch earlier today. They must have been trying to figure out how to do Kings Bounty style combat correctly before release day.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Obv which one the retards bitch about. Would be surprised if she were FtM who changed her mind and had to pay for the surgery to change back.

Give it a few months and I'm sure you're be able to describe how this is all a prestigious satire of SJWism based on the Russian literary tradition :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tyrr

Liturgist

Obv which one the retards bitch about. Would be surprised if she were FtM who changed her mind and had to pay for the surgery to change back.

Give it a few months and I'm sure you're be able to describe how this is all a prestigious satire of SJWism based on the Russian literary tradition :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
"subverting expectations"

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Well then go play Black book,it is a good russian rpg without any sjw garbage in it,great story telling,interesting exploration.

Desiderius

Patron
2h fighter:
This is amazing.

1. This is the first video of a native English speaker regarding Pathfinder mechanics that actually shows the calculations and a tested working build.
2. And yet this youtuber calls himself "BolshyPlays", which clearly uses the slavic stem for "large" or "majority" or just "bolsheviks".

Westerners ("westoids"?) what's going on with elementary calculus in your nations?

He's a commie. Many such cases.

What's going on is women in charge. The usual in declining empires. Some chance we can decline so fast we won't even lose the Republic which would be a helluva trick.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
What's going on is women in charge.
I don't know what you mean by "in charge", but I can tell you that most of the teachers in Soviet (and now Russian) schools were women. However, such deep ineptitude in calculus (I am not even talking about algebra!) was nowhere to be seen.

I mean - there were dumbasses, but they were selected out to become the proletariat about 2 years before the graduation from common schools.

Desiderius

Patron
What's going on is women in charge.
I don't know what you mean by "in charge", but I can tell you that most of the teachers in Soviet (and now Russian) schools were women. However, such deep ineptitude in calculus (I am not even talking about algebra!) was nowhere to be seen.

I mean - there were dumbasses, but they were selected out to become the proletariat about 2 years before the graduation from common schools.

Teachers aren't in charge lol. I mean running the districts, being lawyers, writing the games, etc.. Many such cases:

The other answer to your question is calculators.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
The other answer to your question is calculators.
Well, exactly. And spreadsheets, too.

However, I did not mean counting something without a calculator. I meant applying calculus - in any form - to practical tasks. Why only bolsheviks use any form of calculus for their build guides? This "BolshyPlays" uses Google Spreadsheets - this is, like, a very advanced calculator. And electronic spreadsheets were invented in the West, for your Christ's sake!

Desiderius

Patron
Its called automaticity. Just like it’s a pain to read a book if you have to look every word up in the dictionary it’s very difficult to think analytically or computationally in your head if you’re used to using a calculator to add two and two.

So they don’t, then make up some SJW and/or Corporate horseshit to cover it up because it would be embarrassing to think about. Then call anyone who does otherwise autistic or some shit.

Many such cases.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Now the Gold Dragon rules have been data mined, I'm changing my starting character again.

It's going to be a silvan sorcerer 17/hell knight signifer 3. Going to grab second bloodline abyssal. No point going for a martial class on that path with what it gives!

• Perfect Body: immunity to poison, disease, fear, confusion, paralysis and sleep. He also gains resistance to all energies equal to (character level plus half mythic rank). If any of your saving throws bonuses before modifiers is less than (5 + your mythic rank), you gain a bonus up to that number. If any of your attributes before modifiers is less than 14, you gain a bonus up to that number. All your hit dice are now d12. Any spells dealing damage now change their dice to d6, if it was not d6 or greater. If it was d6 or greater, the spell instead plus one bonus to damage per die. All your weapons count as +5 weapons.

• Perfect Mind: immunity to mind-affecting effects and spell resistance equal to 15 plus your character level and half your mythic rank. If your base attack bonus is less than 15 plus mythic rank, you gain a bonus up to that number. All skills become class skills for you. If you have less ranks in a skill than your mythic rank, you gain a bonus up to that number. If any of your attributes before modifiers is less than 18, you gain a bonus up to that number. Any spells dealing damage now change their dice to d8, if it was not d8 or greater. If it was d8 or greater, the spell instead plus one bonus to damage per die.

• Perfect Soul: immunity to cold, fire, electricity and acid, energy drain and negative energy. All your damage is now holy damage. Any spells dealing damage now change their dice to d10, if it was not d10 or greater. If it was d10 or greater, the spell instead plus one bonus to damage per die.

• Golden Dragon Breath: You gain the ability to breath holy energy, attacking all enemies in a 50 feet cone, dealing (character level plus half mythic rank)d8 holy damage. A successful Reflex saving throw (DC = 10 + your character level + half your mythic rank) halves the damage. Any enemy hit by the breath attack also gains a -1 penalty on all d20 rolls, while all enemies who failed the Reflex saving throw gain -2 penalty. You can use your breath attack once every 1d4 rounds.

• Golden Dragon Form: You can assume the form of a Golden Dragon. You gain the following abilities: a +10 size bonus to Strength, a +8 size bonus to Constitution, a +8 form natural armor bonus, Blindsense 60 feet. You also gain one bite (2d8), two claws (2d6), two wing attacks (1d8), and one tail slap attack (2d6).

• Half Dragon Form: You can assume a half-dragon form. You gain plus 2 to all attributes, and strength by 6. You also increase by 1 size category, and you gain golden wings. You also gain a dragon's bite attack.

• Dragon Feat: You can select any feat, ignoring its prerequisites.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Everything about this game sounds like it starts off as a regular (overly epic) fantasy game and ends up as a kaiju fighting simulator.

On the one hand, this generally exceeds my normal tolerance for epicness, but on the other hand, I don't recall a similar game being released in years. Things like the capstones of the Gold Box FR and DL campaigns, and NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer come to mind...

If nothing else, the high end theory crafting will probably be bananas.

Saravan

Savant

Obv which one the retards bitch about. Wouldn't be surprised if she were FtM who changed her mind and had to pay for the surgery to change back.

The lengths this retarded fanboy goes to cope.

mediocrepoet

Patron
don't recall a similar game being released in years. Things like the capstones of the Gold Box FR and DL campaigns, and NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer come to min
Really. You didn't think Throne of Bhaal was ridiculous with its Rocket Tag Gameplay which is high level AD&D? I envy you.

I tend to pretend TOB doesn't exist and often don't bother playing it since it strikes me as both pointless and much inferior to BG and BG2. I think I've finished TOB maybe twice?

Either way, fair point that TOB should also be in the list.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
don't recall a similar game being released in years. Things like the capstones of the Gold Box FR and DL campaigns, and NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer come to min
Really. You didn't think Throne of Bhaal was ridiculous with its Rocket Tag Gameplay which is high level AD&D? I envy you.
ToB was also 20 years ago (and before NWN2), so the point stands, I think?

mediocrepoet

Patron
Eh, it was more illustrative of what came to mind than trying to be encyclopedic to overly epic power trips in the history of CRPGs. ;)

Either way, I can't think of anything since MOTB which was 14 years ago, so it's been awhile. Therefore, I guess I can suck it up for some crazy cosmological power level. It's not exactly like this sort of thing is flooding the genre. :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom