Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
Someone mentioned earlier that a few classes still don't work properly in the beta. So which classes should be avoided on the game release?
This question is the perfect sign of a moron.

Inevitably, there is some development between the last beta and the release. As the result: first, what is not working in beta could be fixed at the release; second, what is working in beta could be broken at the release; third, large number of players playing the release version will discover the bugs there.

So the best answer to you is "play whatever you want at the release of WotR and, if you would like to help, report bugs using the built-in feature".
Ye because we all know that devs usually fix all the bugs prior to release. Just hoping for answer which classes currently have some broken mechanics or skills
Apparently from prestigious owlcat forums ,every new classes have problems.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
This thread is in serious need of Desiderius as dictator. Ave imperator!

I think he is busy going at it on the Owlcat Forums schooling people that all classes are PeRfEcTlY vIaBlE (except Deliverers of course because they are meme niggers or something).
I make a thread on owlcat forum , guess who and only who answers within the minute...

And yet you bitch about me not answering you, phaggot. Is it too much to ask you to get your story straight?

I’m guarding a playground entrance for 90 minutes. This is my hobby. Suck my dick.

Mortmal

Arcane

I think he is busy going at it on the Owlcat Forums schooling people that all classes are PeRfEcTlY vIaBlE (except Deliverers of course because they are meme niggers or something).
I make a thread on owlcat forum , guess who and only who answers within the minute...

And yet you bitch about me not answering you, phaggot. Is it too much to ask you to get your story straight?

Who said i was bitching ? You mistook my immesurable gratitude for bitching...However was it the same desiderius , on one forum a polite russian schoolboy in uniform , raising his finger to ask a question and answering . On the other forum the smug vatnik agressive with everyone...

Desiderius

Patron
Someone mentioned earlier that a few classes still don't work properly in the beta. So which classes should be avoided on the game release?

I’d stick with something from P:K. Other than Kineticist they haven’t fucked up any of those that I know of. In general the companion classes work reasonably well now too.

If you’ve got something in mind ask and I’ll see if I know anything specific to look out for. There’s an Owlcat thread of things that need fixing:

https://forum.owlcatgames.com/t/classes-abilities-that-need-fixed-for-launch/40891

Desiderius

Patron

Who said i was bitching ? You mistook my immesurable gratitude for bitching...However was it the same desiderius , on one forum a polite russian schoolboy in uniform , raising his finger to ask a question and answering . On the other forum the smug vatnik agressive with everyone...

Alright you’re on ignore too, dumbass. I’ve seen a lot of retardation on the Kotex but mistaking me for a Slav, and a servile one at that, well, that really takes the cake.

Nothing against Slavs now - thanks a million for saving my forefathers from the yoke of the Turk and the Hun and the Pound Sterling - but my people are from high in the mountains like my man Zarathustra. Almost heaven.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The best answer for someone who doesn't want to play a broken game would probably be "wait a couple of weeks after the release date to learn which features work and which ones don't, then decide if you want to play it immediately or wait a couple of months".
Agree.

However, the "Dupa" was asking about classes he should avoid at the release. And the answer to that - we don't know which build will be released, which bugs will be fixed, and what bugs will be added. Owlcat Games will probably have some kind of last days crunch. For them the reasonable approach would be to avoid fixing some deep mechanical stuff to keep the whole codebase stable. However, there is no guarantee they will use a reasonable approach; and there is no guarantee their code is good enough to not blow up from small changes.

As the result, it is either your advice or "at the release play whatever you want, because we do not know what exactly Owlcat Games will ship".

Humbaba

Arcane
Heh, now I'm part of Triumvirate. checkmate, all the delteriuses and pink eye haplos.
:negative:

We lost our triumvirate, monk bros...

I prefer a quadrumvirate

M849683_Il-Duce-and-the-Quadrumvirate.jpg

Desiderius strikes me as a Balbo type of person anyway

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I've been thinking of my first playthroughs class and I'm thinking either shaman, Inquisitor or the Magnus arcane rider. All three can get an animal companion which I need because I want to check out the animal armors and fuck around with riding. I'm not going to restart 20 times this time like I did with kingmaker.

Desiderius

Patron
I've been thinking of my first playthroughs class and I'm thinking either shaman, Inquisitor or the Magnus arcane rider. All three can get an animal companion which I need because I want to check out the animal armors and fuck around with riding. I'm not going to restart 20 times this time like I did with kingmaker.

I think Lann's going to work pretty well as either Huntmaster (to get Solo Tactics + Seize the Moment since he starts with Combat Reflexes + Greater Snap Shot) or Urban Hunter (for the Tandem Trip).

Desiderius

Patron
Does Cavalier work properly ?

Mostly. Mounted Feats weren't triggering much if at all though.

Definitely worth it once it's working though. The Order abilities don't show up on the Character Sheet until you pick one (like Sorc Bloodline).

Delterius

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Heh, now I'm part of Triumvirate. checkmate, all the delteriuses and pink eye haplos.
i fucked off to lusitania to survive the civil war

Lusitania isn’t the most auspicious place to avoid a war, if you take my meaning.
its the alaska of the roman empire. the place you're deployed in exile. its a pretty good steading.

A vitória proporcionou a Roma não apenas imensas riquezas, mas também o domínio do mar Egeu. Cipião, porém, nada ganhou com a vitória. Ao retornarem a Roma, os dois irmãos foram vítimas de uma campanha difamatória com acusações de corrupção, especialmente contra Lúcio, por parte de seus adversários políticos, que estavam desapontados pelas condições brandas impostas na paz em Magnésia e bastante alarmados pelo poder, riqueza e influência dos irmãos sobre a população romana. Os dois foram formalmente acusados de se apropriarem das enormes riquezas de Antíoco III sem entregarem ao Erário público a sua parte devida.

Depois de ter reafirmado duramente seu relato afirmando que sua palavra deveria ser suficiente, Públio retirou-se para sua villa em Literno, na Campânia. Conta-se que foi nesta ocasião que teria dito uma de suas mais famosas frases, "Pátria ingrata, não terás sequer os meus ossos!".
Always loved this saying.

Desiderius

Patron
i fucked off to lusitania to survive the civil war

Lusitania isn’t the most auspicious place to avoid a war, if you take my meaning.
its the alaska of the roman empire. the place you're deployed in exile. its a pretty good steading.

Yeah, well, good luck with that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_the_RMS_Lusitania

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/152853-you-may-not-be-interested-in-war-but-war-is

Leon would like a word.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In the recent Owlcat stream, I noticed they used a much more advanced build than we played during beta. All feats had their descriptors. All books were working when you studied them. So on and so forth.

I'm thinking that as far as mechanics go, there isn't much of a difference between people that have played the beta, and those that didn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom