Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Decided to peak reddit questions (I know my mistake)

BPol6Vw.png

Why people always ask this garbage question? Do they know that the Lich ritual involves the sacrifice of a innocent life?
Liches can be any alignment. Per the 2e ruleset, at least.
In rare cases, liches of a most unusual nature can be found which are of any alignment.
Liches are basically turbo-autists who are beyond good and evil. They just care about their to-scale miniature model train sets magical research. However, they don't care about human life, so they're usually seen as evil based on their actions.

Though, yes, it requires a lot of humanoid blood to be shed. Including a virgin and some infants. Maybe they could have used orcs?

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any Pathfinder experts know what a good class is for speccing into natural attacks? I noticed that while it is sort of "thematic" playing a Fighter with the Demon mythic path is pretty pointless since your weapon attacks end up better or the same as your natural attacks, which Demons get a lot of.
I don't know as much as Desiderius does, but I'm assuming you're asking this because alignment restricts you from going Monk, so... options would include:
  1. Alchemist - focus on the Feral Mutagen, and work around that. (bonus wings!)
  2. Barbarian - self-explanatory (you get a bite attack!)
  3. Clerics of Irori can be True Neutral (unlike a Monk which has to be any kind of Lawful), and they get started on Unarmed Attacks.
  4. Druids (?!?!?!?)
  5. Sword Saint focus on Unarmed (not sure if he can select it though, never tried it)
situational:
  • Oreads as a race
  • Draconic Bloodlines
  • Dragon Disciples (?!?!?)
and then lastly there's the bullshit/gimmick mode where you play as a Wizard -> Transmuter (maybe even Sorcerer ?!?) and you focus on the Stone Fist spell, and Telekinetic Fist, but that's some gay ass shit, imo.

I probably missed a bunch. It's really late here.

Zeriel

Arcane

BPol6Vw.png

Why people always ask this garbage question? Do they know that the Lich ritual involves the sacrifice of a innocent life?
In rare cases, liches of a most unusual nature can be found which are of any alignment.
Liches are basically turbo-autists who are beyond good and evil. They just care about their to-scale miniature model train sets magical research. However, they don't care about human life, so they're usually seen as evil based on their actions.

Though, yes, it requires a lot of humanoid blood to be shed. Including a virgin and some infants. Maybe they could have used orcs?

My main issue with this argument, which is to say Takamori's, not yours, is that "you do mean things" is not the definition of "evil" in these games usually. Sure they may say, "Evil is being selfish", but that's in the eye of the beholder despite the core conceit of the alignment system being black & white morality.

Is a lich who ascends by sacrificing only evil aligned people still evil? Golarion's lore is so retarded the proper answer would be, "Yes" but only because they replaced Sigil with the Boneyard and the Ao with Pharasma who hates Undead. But in terms of just pure alignment faggotry, I think it's heavily up for debate. And I know Owlcat tends to lean in the direction of providing different paths even if it isn't supported by the idiots who wrote the Pathfinder setting.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

BPol6Vw.png

My main issue with this argument, which is to say Takamori's, not yours, is that "you do mean things" is not the definition of "evil" in these games usually. Sure they may say, "Evil is being selfish", but that's in the eye of the beholder despite the core conceit of the alignment system being black & white morality.

Is a lich who ascends by sacrificing only evil aligned people still evil? Golarion's lore is so retarded the proper answer would be, "Yes" but only because they replaced Sigil with the Boneyard and the Ao with Pharasma who hates Undead. But in terms of just pure alignment faggotry, I think it's heavily up for debate. And I know Owlcat tends to lean in the direction of providing different paths even if it isn't supported by the idiots who wrote the Pathfinder setting.
There is no debate whether something is good or evil because the universe decides for you.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Screw your definitions of good and evil in this single player game. The lack of a hotkey for swapping wepon sets is something everyone will suffer from.

ArchAngel

Arcane

BPol6Vw.png

That is usually called Lawful Evil. You do Evil acts thinking it is for the greater good.

Also a character like Dexter only killed Evil people. He was still not considered a good guy.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I loved the story and so many little changes depending on your choices. Even side quests that had choices could surprise you with different results much later. I don't remember many RPGs that did that.

Parabalus

Arcane
Obshitstain shills in full force on plebbit already. 2nd September can't come soon enough.
J8ronmN.png

mcmahon-disgust.gif
I see nothing incorrect here
24665.jpg

hmm.. checks out.
I'm one of the louder critics of pillows though.
Did anyone actually play kangmaker for the story? I played it multiple times and barely remember it.

Story is pretty great with several highlights.

Your nation being attacked by a engineered bioweapon is a nice touch in current year.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
ake a swarm and you can even clone your monk for more monk.
Silly Baldur's Gate 3 shill. Monks are lawful - not chaotic. Swarms is chaotic.
What are you? An rp-whore? Just take the path and use the alignment scrolls. Also I'm not a baldur's gate 3 shill you dumb fucking weeb. Your monk shit is stupid as fuck and not a replacement for a personality. Shit gimmick. shit poster. fuck you.
Sounds like you two are made for each other. Get a room and get working on to OntoEye.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom