Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Oberon

Learned
Decided to peak reddit questions (I know my mistake)

BPol6Vw.png

Why people always ask this garbage question? Do they know that the Lich ritual involves the sacrifice of a innocent life?
Liches can be any alignment. Per the 2e ruleset, at least.
In rare cases, liches of a most unusual nature can be found which are of any alignment.
Liches are basically turbo-autists who are beyond good and evil. They just care about their to-scale miniature model train sets magical research. However, they don't care about human life, so they're usually seen as evil based on their actions.

Though, yes, it requires a lot of humanoid blood to be shed. Including a virgin and some infants. Maybe they could have used orcs?

My main issue with this argument, which is to say Takamori's, not yours, is that "you do mean things" is not the definition of "evil" in these games usually. Sure they may say, "Evil is being selfish", but that's in the eye of the beholder despite the core conceit of the alignment system being black & white morality.

Is a lich who ascends by sacrificing only evil aligned people still evil? Golarion's lore is so retarded the proper answer would be, "Yes" but only because they replaced Sigil with the Boneyard and the Ao with Pharasma who hates Undead. But in terms of just pure alignment faggotry, I think it's heavily up for debate. And I know Owlcat tends to lean in the direction of providing different paths even if it isn't supported by the idiots who wrote the Pathfinder setting.
That is usually called Lawful Evil. You do Evil acts thinking it is for the greater good.

Also a character like Dexter only killed Evil people. He was still not considered a good guy.

Nah, a Lawful Evil character is like a corrupt official or lawyer. He abuses systems for his own selfish gains or malice.

Acrux

Arcane
Imho PFK's biggest flaw was its inventory management. It has a nice inventory UI but the gameplay is so reliant on consumables due to all the different effects you need to protect yourself from and resting restriction that you are searching your inventory very often for potions and scrolls. I would find the exact potion i need within seconds if the damn inventory had a keyword search function, but apparently none of the devs ever played the game on higher difficulties.

I agree with you. There's actually a mod that improves PKMinventory management on Nexus. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/210

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Imho PFK's biggest flaw was its inventory management. It has a nice inventory UI but the gameplay is so reliant on consumables due to all the different effects you need to protect yourself from and resting restriction that you are searching your inventory very often for potions and scrolls. I would find the exact potion i need within seconds if the damn inventory had a keyword search function, but apparently none of the devs ever played the game on higher difficulties.

I agree with you. There's actually a mod that improves PKMinventory management on Nexus. https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/210
This mod is cheating its users out of belt slot management. If one does want that then go ahead. However, if one wants to apply some reason to what to keep in quick slots and what not to keep - then better play without this mod.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Are they still mad that a mediocre grognard game outsold POE2? LMAO

Yes and will be butthurt forever. A Indie russian studio making a grognard game got more success than Obsidian.

Did anyone actually play kangmaker for the story? I played it multiple times and barely remember it.

The story is great. A random guy send in a mysterious part of the world to hunt bandits and get a nobility title, then he discover ancient curses, that stolen lands is close to the feyworld, meet a lot of companions, each one with his unique story, Octavia got sold into slavery by her parents. A undead elf chick has a lot of mysteries and is hunted down by the elves... Each chapter is a new mystery to resolve. Trolls, wild animals, undead cyclops(...) That is so great and cool.

The story in pillars is just infodumps about Gods which I don't care.

all the BASED SLAV LOVERS can't wait to play a game based on an american IP and written by americans using a system created by americans

Which nobody cares to develop in USA. USA only produces Commiefornia woke console declined BS. If Wrath was made in USA, he would need 20x his budget to pay all taxes and diversity hires who will only prejudice the product. USA and Commiefornia more particular is the epicenter of the decline. By the way, each day more and more, USA will become akin to Brazil.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
That "Guy" who sends you on that quest is Lady Jamandi Aldori of Restov. Also, she didn't send you on a quest just to hunt bandits. The strategy was to eliminate the local banditry - as she'll never recognize their rule. Then create a buffer state between her enemies. Since the Stolen Lands is contested territory. It'd be a political crisis if Restov were to force their way into the terriotry. However with an unknown party entering the equation; the game changes. It was purely for political gains. The adventurers who accepted the quest were just pawns to be used. A means to an end. Of course, neither party knows that even though everyone and their mother has a claim to the territory - Stolen Lands is uncontested for a reason: Ancient Curse, Lantern King shenanigans, Cyclopes Lichs, etc.

I still remember the game's plot after all these years.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
all the BASED SLAV LOVERS can't wait to play a game based on an american IP and written by americans using a system created by americans
Well, to be honest true Russian lovers (everybody knows that Russians are the most based of all the Slavs) are playing Black Book which was sold 100k copies in the first few weeks. For their almost non-existing budget it's huge.

Pathfinder games from Owlcat are just the faithful implementation of a venerable Western RPG system. The fact that a game has to be developed east of the Oder to be faithful or even playable does not say much about Russians or Slavs. However, it says a lot about the Westerners.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Decided to peak reddit questions (I know my mistake)

BPol6Vw.png

Why people always ask this garbage question? Do they know that the Lich ritual involves the sacrifice of a innocent life?
Liches can be any alignment. Per the 2e ruleset, at least.
In rare cases, liches of a most unusual nature can be found which are of any alignment.
Liches are basically turbo-autists who are beyond good and evil. They just care about their to-scale miniature model train sets magical research. However, they don't care about human life, so they're usually seen as evil based on their actions.

Though, yes, it requires a lot of humanoid blood to be shed. Including a virgin and some infants. Maybe they could have used orcs?

My main issue with this argument, which is to say Takamori's, not yours, is that "you do mean things" is not the definition of "evil" in these games usually. Sure they may say, "Evil is being selfish", but that's in the eye of the beholder despite the core conceit of the alignment system being black & white morality.

Is a lich who ascends by sacrificing only evil aligned people still evil? Golarion's lore is so retarded the proper answer would be, "Yes" but only because they replaced Sigil with the Boneyard and the Ao with Pharasma who hates Undead. But in terms of just pure alignment faggotry, I think it's heavily up for debate. And I know Owlcat tends to lean in the direction of providing different paths even if it isn't supported by the idiots who wrote the Pathfinder setting.

Spoiler: the eye of the beholder gets squished in its own spike trap.

The Almighty decrees what is Good and what is Evil.

Humbaba

Arcane
Imagine not getting into the best cRPG of the decade because there's a black boi who doesn't like pussy. The conservative equivalent of an SJW who won't play a game because there's no transformers in it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom