Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zeriel

Arcane
So... what state is this actually in?

I avoided all information about this until release, but now that it's going to be released, I'd like to know if it is actually in a releasable state in contrast the the last game.

They didn't beta test the last 2 chapters so no one knows. Chances are if bugs bother you you'll want to wait.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll be playing this game nonstop. Don't need to work when you have a herd of goyim to do all your work for you.
28352.jpg

Also, fitting nickname.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
"first tier" websites

This "first tier" websites are TRASH!! They fail to recognize that a game needs to be rated according to his proposal. For then, ArcaniA and Gothic 3 has the same score despite ArcaniA being a Diablo 3 tier of awful game and G3 just not as great as G1/G2. For then, DOS2 awful nonsensical armor mechanics and cooldowns aren't a problem but a sword not being effective vs insect swarm is a huge problem.
Oh you're already damage controlling before the reviews hit I see.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I dunno, bros. I intentionally avoided info about this game until now. When I read about it, it seems a bit too good to be true. Long, epic RPG with multiple paths based on your class choices and with a HoMM-like strategic layer to boot? RTWP and turn-based? Apparently it even has mounted combat?

I haven't been this curious to check out an RPG in years. This can only end in disappointment.

Mortmal

Arcane
Not anymore it isn't.

Doom is ok.

Din't played wrath with a druid in my party yet. But I believe that spells which target FORT save will be less powerful in Wrath than in Kingmaker since you will be fighting a lot of demons and demons in geral have good FORT save. Also are immune to poison, so the combo of cloudkill + sirroco which was devastating in kingmaker would't be that powerful anymore. Ice prison/Ice prison, mass will be less powerful now that mythic demons can probably pass the strength check too. Tsunami which was a solid damage and CC will be less powerful now too.

BTW, even in Unfair, Creeping doom was a army slaying spell, not just "ok". Way better than the cleric and wizard tier 7 summon.

Druids summons were the best in kingmaker yes, the AI cannot cope with swarms, live players neither by the way..

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tranny game? They haven't gone woke have they?
For the particularly inbred backwater rejects, the mere existence of a non-straight character anywhere in a game is enough to call it woke trash.
So... take comments like that with a grain of salt.

Unless they upped their preaching game and you now have companions just going in-your-face with their unrelated sexual desires and opinions or whatnot, it should be fine.
(Remember that character in ME:A that just met you and poured her entire trans backstory on you? Ugh. Nothing like that was in Kingmaker, at least.)
Kingmaker didn't bother with woke preaching - or I never noticed it (but I usually do). It had a few moments where some characters derped out with insanity, but those characters usually at least had an in-setting reason to be the mess that they are (e.g. Amiri's misandry).

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
For the particularly inbred backwater rejects, the mere existence of a non-straight character anywhere in a game is enough to call it woke trash.

Unless they upped their preaching game and you now have companions just going in-your-face with their unrelated sexual desires and opinions or whatnot, it should be fine.
(Remember that character in ME:A that just met you and poured her entire trans backstory on you? Ugh. Nothing like that was in Kingmaker, at least.)
Kingmaker didn't bother with woke preaching - or I never noticed it (but I usually do). It had a few moments where some characters derped out with insanity, but those characters usually at least had an in-setting reason to be the mess that they are (e.g. Amiri's misandry).

One of the companions basically forces you to masturbate him in broad daylight. If you refuse, you lose a quest and half the party deserts you.

Zeriel

Arcane

Kingmaker didn't bother with woke preaching. It had a few moments where some characters derped out with insanity, but those characters usually at least had an in-setting reason to be the mess that they are (e.g. Amiri's misandry).

You're in for quite a ride unless you spend time on Chapo and that's your thing. They do have the "you just met me, let me tell you about my non-binary wife" character, and you'll meet them very early.

The best thing about Owlcat is they somewhat let you ignore these characters or tell them to fuck off, but WOTR is much more "this character is special and you WILL acknowledge their specialness" about it.

Ehrenmann

I wonder what the moral of the story is. Not

One of the companions basically forces you to masturbate him in broad daylight. If you refuse, you lose a quest and half the party deserts you.
e179d692aaf153d61e6d867ef02b3a3647ce0d36.jpeg

Bara

Arcane
Damn it.. this release crept up. I'm still only about half way through PKM and I need to finish that off before embarking upon this one!

I'd call that a blessing. You have two good rpgs to get through now instead of just one and then waiting.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I doubt that.
But I'd laugh my ass off if something like that actually happens in the game.
The amount of triggering it would cause would offset my being triggered by it in the first place. I can appreciate a good trolling.

The best thing about Owlcat is they somewhat let you ignore these characters or tell them to fuck off, but WOTR is much more "this character is special and you WILL acknowledge their specialness" about it.
That doesn't sound so good, indeed.
Guess I'll see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom