Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I hope that there is no equivalent to the retarded craftsmen quests from kingmaker.
I hope there are. Best small quests in the game.
The artisans' quests are an insult to the human intellect. The fact that the rewards are amazing doesn't excuse their pathetic design and abysmal writing. A couple of them are somewhat interesting, but the vast majority are bland, poorly written, and are characterized by an inexplicable gap between what happens and how your character can react through dialogue options. They really stand out as the worst content in the entire game, right next to Deal with the Devil.
The worst part was all the busy work you had to do around them. Ohhh you colonize another region,then some retard wants to build him a house,then you have to go to the village and talk with the cunt,then run around a bit do some shit and talk to the cunt again. If the retards were just showing in your place and you have an option to just give them money and they build their shit,then they come to your palace and ask you to do the quest,and then they come back once you finish it. That would have been fine,otherwise you feel like a retarded errantboy.

InternalRevenue

Educated
Apparently DLC details were posted on the steam page earlier today, and quickly taken down. I received the following screenshot secondhand (and Owlcat took it down for a reason) so take it as you will.

Can't get image function to work so here's a link
zY85wa8

Here's a /v/ thread on it as well

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Which patch did the bulk selling button come about in? Have I just not noticed it?! It's amazing!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The artisans' quests are an insult to the human intellect. The fact that the rewards are amazing doesn't excuse their pathetic design and abysmal writing.
Jedem das Seine.

I consider traveling with Mim to Talon Peak one of the best small side quests in RPG. It is quite small and very touching - if you take effort to learn the gnome's lore. She is desperate to delay the inevitable, and it is shown quite well.

Exception that proves the rule.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The artisans' quests are an insult to the human intellect. The fact that the rewards are amazing doesn't excuse their pathetic design and abysmal writing. A couple of them are somewhat interesting, but the vast majority are bland, poorly written, and are characterized by an inexplicable gap between what happens and how your character can react through dialogue options. They really stand out as the worst content in the entire game, right next to Deal with the Devil.

[Lawful Evil] : Arrest an evil saboteur that's intentionally cursing items in the region for the sake of petty revenge, and choose not to break your contract with the artisan you hired.
[Neutral Evil] : Break your contract with the artisan.

Desiderius

Patron
So I called Anevia Tranzi Sue on Discord.

My sojourn there may be an abbreviated one. The Commissars were not amused.

Desiderius

Patron

[Lawful Evil] : Arrest an evil saboteur that's intentionally cursing items in the region for the sake of petty revenge, and choose not to break your contract with the artisan you hired.
[Neutral Evil] : Break your contract with the artisan.

There was some shit that was supposed to happen with that one that never made it in game.

People cry about all the axes in the game but that’s just because half come from the CE artisan that you really should just kill if you’re G or L.

Missing out on the two best Swords from the LE chick kind of blows but isn’t fatal either.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Meh, I still went for the lawful evil option, even as a Paladin. Sometimes the game feels like it's made by a prick of a DM, one that would make your Paladin fallen for even flanking an enemy, but the alignment system isn't one of those things.

Desiderius

Patron
You can justify it under L but a CG character has a bigger conundrum. No way LG should complete Orc quest though.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
I meant the elf artisan, I went for LE there. Didn't need axes, so I wasn't annoyed by losing the Orc at the time I turned him over. However I was disappointed that the quest just stops without anything else happening, the Orc wasn't even removed from my playthrough.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Much of the game ended up half-assed. Wrath looking like maybe 3/4. When they’re good they’re the best but they need to hire Soyer and Holic to polish shit up.

Kaivokz

Arcane
"I think specialization is awkward because it reduces the utility of experimenting with interesting weapon options and brings no benefits."
This is entirely based on your mindset.

Consider three weapons:
Longsword.
Shortsword that lets you cast mirror image for 2 minutes while wielding.
Mace that deals half fire damage half blunt damage.

Consider four scenarios:
Group of bandits with multiple archers.
A giant spider.
A small fire elemental.
A group of skeletons with multiple archers.

If your reaction to all of these scenarios is "I use longsword because I have longsword focus", the fault is yours. It doesn't reduce the utility of experimenting, it simply alters your options. With focus: mace < longsword < mace+1 < longsword+1 in terms of raw power. Without focus: mace = longsword < mace + 1 = longsword + 1. But the scenario can alter this and so can more interesting weapons (i.e. not a linear scale of to hit/damage bonuses).

Early on +1 to hit isn't inconsequential. At mid or higher levels +1 is insignificant, but you don't play the entire game at mid to high levels and it would be a design flaw to only make feats that are good at mid to high levels, or even to make every single feat scalable so that anything you could pick at level 1 is noticeably increasing your power at level 20. Prerequisites are one way of handling this, but I think it's a fine design decision to have feats for level 1 that are good at level 1 and insignificant later.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Crashed trying to sell to the vendor in the mongrel area. Damage (and barks) are now often not showing above the characters. Inventory always opens to the last character it was on, regardless of who is selected. Checkboxes to hide helmet and backpack work only some of the time. Looks like a standard Owlcat beta patch.

Edit: Oh yeah, and enemy mob still all have sneak attack. :lol:

Last edited:

TumblingTorin

Educated
Does anyone knows why some backgrounds are giving characters a +1 enhancement to attack in the new Beta? Camellia and Lann has the bonus but Seelah doesn't. They even have it when unarmed.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

TumblingTorin

Educated
Crashed trying to sell to the vendor in the mongrel area. Damage (and barks) are now often not showing above the characters. Inventory always opens to the last character it was on, regardless of who is selected. Checkboxes to hide helmet and backpack work only some of the time. Looks like a standard Owlcat beta patch.

Really? The mongrel vendor didn't crash for me, I crashed trying to buy something from Staunton's brother. Been getting a lot of animation errors when trying to skip cut-scenes and the bug that keeps clearing my action bar is getting annoying.

Few days ago I was praising how bugless the early chapters in the last beta were. Honestly, I'm impressed at Owlcat's ability to make more bugs after their "fixes".

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Does anyone knows why some backgrounds are giving characters a +1 enhancement to attack in the new Beta? Camellia and Lann has the bonus but Seelah doesn't. They even have it when unarmed.
Just more bugs. Aldori swordlord background gives +1 with every edged weapon, but not maces, for example.

Really? The mongrel vendor didn't crash for me, I crashed trying to buy something from Staunton's brother. Been getting a lot of animation errors when trying to skip cut-scenes and the bug that keeps clearing my action bar is getting annoying.

Few days ago I was praising how bugless the early chapters in the last beta were. Honestly, I'm impressed at Owlcat's ability to make more bugs after their "fixes".

Yeah, these last two patches have been rough. The mongrel vendor crashes for me every time, but who knows what bit of spaghetti is triggering it. I could just skip using that vendor, of course, but given that people are seeing it with random other vendors, I think I'll wait until they fix whatever they've broken this time.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Just more bugs. Aldori swordlord background gives +1 with every edged weapon, but not maces, for example.

Yeah, these last two patches have been rough. The mongrel vendor crashes for me every time, but who knows what bit of spaghetti is triggering it. I could just skip using that vendor, of course, but given that people are seeing it with random other vendors, I think I'll wait until they fix whatever they've broken this time.

They're just testing the new version of "Unfair" difficulty. Vendors are for scrubs.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So whats the consensus on this game?

Its coming out very soon. is it GUD? better than kingmaker 1?

Seems like it'll be somewhat more polished than Kingmaker was at release at least, though judging by the reports coming from the "final" beta patch, it'll likely still have some issues.

mediocrepoet

Patron
The main mixed feeling I have about it is that for new players, the sheer amount of choices (classes, feats, races & subraces) could be overwhelming. It's pretty great all in all and I find it a little bit crazy that it exists in this day and age.

Other than that, if you care about story and don't like things that get ultra epic, then this probably isn't going to be something you love. It's sort of like BG3 in that things start out at 11 and then keep going up from there.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The main mixed feeling I have about it is that for new players, the sheer amount of choices (classes, feats, races & subraces) could be overwhelming.
I think that at Owlcat they're doing everything in their power to make the game more accessible to new players without dumbing things down and ruining the experience for more experienced ones. Companions can be auto-leveled and classes have a "complexity" indicator and a brief down-to-earth description of what they're supposed to do. Maybe it won't be enough, but they definitely know that's a potential problem and are trying to address it.

It's pretty great all in all and I find it a little bit crazy that it exists in this day and age.
Yeah, every time I think about Owlcat, Kingmaker, and this upcoming game I can't believe those are things that actually happened and will keep happening in the near future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom