Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sharpedge

Prophet
So finished up Drezen and got my mythic path. Overall companion roster wise I ditched Camellia for the cleric, so I am currently sitting with Sosiel, Nenio, Lann, Seelah, Woljik and the MC. Planning to ditch the cleric when either another frontline companion companion comes along, or some companion with a heavier attack focus. Not that I don't like him, I just don't want a 2nd divine caster in my party, even though I can see some utility for it, I am a bit of a glutton when it comes to wanting the MC to do more than his fair share. The fight with the wizard inside Drezen who tried summoning a demon was quite an interesting one, more challenging than any of the other fights in the city at least. It is nice to have some challenging optional boss fights. So far my favorite companion is Nenio, who it seems took some inspiration from Sherlock Holmes. I liked what I saw of Ember from dialogue as well, but Ember has the same problem as Sosiel for me, I am like a dragon when it comes to jealously guarding what I want my MC to do.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
So finished up Drezen and got my mythic path. Overall companion roster wise I ditched Camellia for the cleric, so I am currently sitting with Sosiel, Nenio, Lann, Seelah, Woljik and the MC. Planning to ditch the cleric when either another frontline companion companion comes along, or some companion with a heavier attack focus. Not that I don't like him, I just don't want a 2nd divine caster in my party, even though I can see some utility for it, I am a bit of a glutton when it comes to wanting the MC to do more than his fair share. The fight with the wizard inside Drezen who tried summoning a demon was quite an interesting one, more challenging than any of the other fights in the city at least. It is nice to have some challenging optional boss fights. So far my favorite companion is Nenio, who it seems took some inspiration from Sherlock Holmes. I liked what I saw of Ember from dialogue as well, but Ember has the same problem as Sosiel for me, I am like a dragon when it comes to jealously guarding what I want my MC to do.

Regill is pretty cool, even if his stats were shit so far (haven't played beta 4... ) I guess you have not recruited him. What is with Daeran?

You can also get Areshulae (or however it's written) in the second chapter.
also regarding Woljif

You will loose him for a quite a while

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
Regill is pretty cool, even if his stats were shit so far (haven't played beta 4... ) I guess you have not recruited him. Whats with Daeran?

You can also get Areshulae (or however it'S written) in the second chapter.
also regarding Woljif

You will loose him for a quite a while
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I lost him already, but I am expecting to get him back and he is someone I am planning to keep along. Regill I didn't take as he didn't fit with my MC, I was definitely planning on taking Aurashulae though whenever I run into her.

Thonius

Arcane

To fight demons, the Commander will need all sorts of allies, even such unusual ones as Lann the mongrel. Hailing from the deep caves below Kenabres, Lann knows much about the hardships of life, archery, and... exotic cuisine. But let him tell his own story. Get to know the courageous archer by watching our new video!

Voice acting was a mistake. I'll continue to ignore it and just read the text.

Huh, they really buffed up the graphics. Good. Uh.. that voice is ok, no problem here. BUT I would prefer if they hire star actors to voice over vilain`s only, spend rest on QA.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
All voice acting is wack. The voices are almost always obviously put on and over the top. Just talk like a normal person. Resources and time is also better spent elsewhere.

Thonius

Arcane
Eh they sound faggy... That Lann video is uh well, it's not offensive you know. Not good, not terrible. But I already told that I prefer if only villains are voiced, and only with some star voiceover not you critical lore bullshit. I want villains to be memorable.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
New Crusade UI, morale mechanic, and starting opposing army layout much improved.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Avoided the mongrel vendor, and now the game is crashing when I try to buy/sell from Staunton's brother. Just going to wait for another patch, I think.

Desiderius

Patron
I had problem there once, now no more

Running smooth now mostly

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Avoided the mongrel vendor, and now the game is crashing when I try to buy/sell from Staunton's brother. Just going to wait for another patch, I think.
I had the same issue with that vendor too. I just ignored him and the other vendors all worked for me.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
I had the same issue with that vendor too. I just ignored him and the other vendors all worked for me.
As noted, I had it happen with both the mongrel vendor and Staunton's brother (so, two vendors). I've seen other people have it with other vendors, but can't confirm because I'm just waiting for the next update. It's not a big deal since this is beta... hopefully they'll fix the reported bugs without breaking too many more things.

Desiderius

Patron
Maybe it’s because I upgraded my system for BG3 but I haven’t seen anything like that, just Ilkes and Dyra not being available for dialogue and missing Galfrey now like everyone else.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Maybe it’s because I upgraded my system for BG3 but I haven’t seen anything like that, just Ilkes and Dyra not being available for dialogue and missing Galfrey now like everyone else.
My system is pretty beefy (Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070, etc.), but it's definitely possible. I suspect that, given the way everyone seems to be impacted differently, it either is hardware-configuration-related (maybe issues with AMD processors?) or there's some sort of intermittent issue still with saves and game data corruption. According to the discord, some people are seeing items disappear from inventory, as well as save game corruption at different points, (and some crusade-related bugs that may be unrelated), so I wouldn't be shocked if it's a single error in an important piece of code that is presenting itself in a lot of different ways and systems.

Thonius

Arcane
So since I kickstart Ed this game I felt like getting it a bit early won't harm anyone if... Uh I ... Why you all doing so bad of the job with regards to bugs? Ain't cool bros!
Also can someone explain skald to me. It's not a good class right?

Desiderius

Patron
My system is pretty beefy (Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070, etc.), but it's definitely possible. I suspect that, given the way everyone seems to be impacted differently, it either is hardware-configuration-related (maybe issues with AMD processors?) or there's some sort of intermittent issue still with saves and game data corruption. According to the discord, some people are seeing items disappear from inventory, as well as save game corruption at different points, (and some crusade-related bugs that may be unrelated), so I wouldn't be shocked if it's a single error in an important piece of code that is presenting itself in a lot of different ways and systems.

I had one item disappear on a reload. The benefits of tinman.

Desiderius

Patron
Incline:

Difficulty Class.jpg

Difficulty class shows on spells

Hire army to start.jpg

You can hire a small army at beginning of Crusade for very modest price

New morale feature.jpg

New Morale system very clear (most importantly) but also does gives some time limit for minimal versimilitude

Busted Luck Domain ability Sosiel.jpg

Sos loses Charm Domain but gets even more busted ability for Discord clowns to neglect while whining

Sos quest gear.jpg

Sos quest now has decent drops

Blood Clarity description fixed.jpg

Fixed descriptions, great gear

Mercs show up.jpg

Mercs show up from story characters

Skill Check showing.jpg

On map skill checks showing up. Suitably challenging

New Crusade Features.jpg

Can rout weaker foes. Infirmary resurrects certain number of fallen units so don't have to be perfect. Lore (Nature) can prevent fatigue on overland map. Auto gives preview of results with optional full battle. Camp moves with you as army conquers forts.

Favorite Dish now listed.jpg

Favorite Dish now listed with strong effects.

BAB tutorial.jpg

BAB tutorial when you get second attack.

Desiderius

Patron
So since I kickstart Ed this game I felt like getting it a bit early won't harm anyone if... Uh I ... Why you all doing so bad of the job with regards to bugs? Ain't cool bros!
Also can someone explain skald to me. It's not a good class right?

Yeah, its really good. It can share Rage Powers, including Stances.

Percy

Cipher
Crusade seems bugged, lost my army when I had them on one of the war camp tiles and it moved.

You can turn this feature off BTW but can't turn it back on and you miss out on some nice items.

I also have the reload everytime I start a battle as hellknights are stuck in a horse and can't attack.

Theyve changed quite a few things around on the map already which is good.

I've found some fights a bit more difficult in the early going but that could just be my Main Character choice this time around.

The cemetery forced me to use protection from arrows for the first time ever in a crpg.

Desiderius

Patron
Those skelly archers have Point Blank Master!

sos quest wipe Core.jpg

Core wipe, how embarrassing. Great fight.

Sos quest gear.jpg

Better drops now tho

Pike6 Power of Tactician.jpg

Last Hurrah for Shake it Off Tactician before it stopped working

Wolj6 Sos quest.jpg

As usual Wolj isn't having it.

Queen Core Wolj7 one shot.jpg

Abusing Vescavor Queen on Core

DR Bypass utorial.jpg

New DR bypass tutorial when you find first +3 weapon

Cam 7 28AB.jpg

Cam getting the AB up there at level 7

Cam 7 defense.jpg

And playing D. Her class is pretty stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom