Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh it's coming today?

Unfortunately in my household we're not allowed to buy games without reading the Codex review first. So chop chop.

ferratilis

Magister
I glanced at a few Twitch streams and everyone is playing turn based mode, except Cohh. Every day we stray further from God's light.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I glanced at a few Twitch streams and everyone is playing turn based mode, except Cohh. Every day we stray further from God's light.
You mean to say....you like RTwP?

gg6uu.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Firs reviews are in and not even close to DOS2

Game journalists liking DOS2 is a indicative that DOS2 is bad, not that it is good.

Oh you're already damage controlling before the reviews hit I see.

Yep. Larian is popular among game journos like this guy who could't play the enhanced editions in story mode.

So what. Game journalists loving a game is a point against the agme, not in favor of te game. BTW, the game is in top 1 global seller. https://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=globaltopsellers

ferratilis

Magister
Strong sales are good. I was afraid we might have another PoE2 situation, but at this rate, there will definitely be more Pathfinder games in the future. Thank god.

There's definitely a market, and demand for this kind of RPG, despite how little resources there are online for newbs.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Strong sales are good. I was afraid we might have another PoE2 situation, but at this rate, there will definitely be more Pathfinder games in the future. Thank god.

There's definitely a market, and demand for this kind of RPG, despite how little resources there are online for newbs.

It avoids being a game where you need to have played the first one

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What I want to know if the TB mode is just a grafted-on afterthough like in Deadfire or it's actually a respectable way to play the game (or even the optimal way).

Mortmal

Arcane
What I want to know if the TB mode is just a grafted-on afterthough like in Deadfire or it's actually a respectable way to play the game (or even the optimal way).
Exact same thing as kingmaker, implemented to please people but nothing balanced around it. Asked a dev day one on kickstarter and he gave me the answer.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I was afraid we might have another PoE2 situation, but at this rate, there will definitely be more Pathfinder games in the future. Thank god.

Agreed. Also, the steam top sellers list(today) is pure incline. PF:WoTR in first, then a strategy game, then BF 5 with 90% off price then PF:WoTR Mythic edition.

if the TB mode is just a grafted-on afterthough like in Deadfire or it's actually a respectable way to play the game (or even the optimal way).

You can switch on the fly, so my suggestion. RtWP vs trash encounters. TB vs tough encounters.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
If owlcat would stop being lazy bastards and implement an companion AI script, RTWP would be awesome way to play... but the companions being brain dead makes it so that most fights you just use weapons and little to few abilities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom