Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
evil eye would be nice if those bosses didn't have 30 saving throws.
Evil Eye still works regardless if they save, just 1 round (+Cackle).

If enemy saves are very high you snowball debuffs in onion peeling manner starting with things that always work to push through other things. But usually such enemies are optional, or NPCs help you, or whatever. Or you can use spells that don't care (rays).

DC wasn't 16-18 at 8th level
That is your DC at level 1 for level 1 spells while being naked: 20-22 in casting stat + 2xSchool Focus or School Focus + Racial/Bloodline bonus and Shake them for -2, that's already closer to 20.

She is level 9 now, she has a spell penetration (probably doesn't work, because Evil Eye is a Hex and not a spell? dunno...), and I've continued only her prior proffession. No multiclass. Though the text "Will save reduces to only one round", I didn't see that, thanks!!

aaa.jpg

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
She is level 9 now, she has a spell penetration (probably doesn't work, because Evil Eye is a Hex and not a spell? dunno...), and I've continued only her prior proffession. No multiclass. Though the text "Will save reduces to only one round", I didn't see that, thanks!!
I don't understand - using a good DEX melee character as a bad offensive caster - is it just because you are different? A rebel in our herd of sheep?

Seriously, is it so difficult to put a round peg into a round hole?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't understand - using a good DEX melee character as a bad offensive caster - is it just because you are different? A rebel in our herd of sheep?

She's a full caster with a more than decent spell list. You can do basically anything you want with her. I mean, with Ear Piercing Scream, Arrow of Law, Searing Light, Sacred Nimbus, Blade Barrier, Hellfire Ray, Stormbolts, and Fire Storm, she can even make for an half-decent evocation blaster.

cw8

Cipher
Yes, they fixed the sidequest bug. Now I can continue my main campaign and mythic quest.

panda

Savant
So what's the solution to the Playful Darkness fight? I beat that thing on Core yesterday after multiple tries by spamming maximized rays with Ember plus some Edict of Retaliation from behind a summon wall, but people said it's a puzzle encounter, so I'm kinda curious as to what the game expected me to do.
Dispel + debuffs + shatter defences was enough for me even on hard for Aru to land hits constantly. For debuffs i used Ember mostly. She provided critical slowdown and -10 dex from Exhaustion/Wracking Rays on top of -4 AC from Evil Eye.

covr

Prophet
Patron
This game is perfectly balanced for an idiot like me.

I've just started Dreznen on Core difficulty (with extra AI/feats enabled) and it is still challenging and forces me to reload a lot which makes me happy.

The key thing here is being imbecile with leveling up and generally dumb during character creation. So I always chose the most fun or LARP thing when I level up my team. And if there is nothing really fun or LARPy I do stuff at random.
My group consists:

-PC - bloodline sorcerer with additional 3rd bloodline taken as the mythic ability. However all 3 are shit and incompatible with each other giving almost no synergy. I've selected silver dragon, angel and arcane with some small feats for water spells to cast snowball with more damage. I did empower on Snowball and that 1st lvl spell changed into 5th level spell. With that build I would hit 5th level spells near the end of the game. Smart choice. A truly shitty character. To make him more shitty I gave him light armor feat + arcane armor feat. I've just learned that mage armor spell could do the same. Due to low AC he is dying a lot.
-Mercenary thief - due to a bug I was not able to recruit thief NPC in the tavern and had to create my own. And pay for it. Dual wielding knife master. He is a glass cannon damage dealer with almost every feat related to doing more damage. He dies a lot with this AC around 26-28.
-Laen - pure zen archer. He deals a lot of damage with his 3 shots per turn. Not super high AC, but he can cast Bareskin or whatever it is called.
-Amber - those hexes do shit, most of enemies are resistant to them, even though I took spell penetration. I've focused on fire a bit but most of enemies are also resistant to fire. For some reason she is not being targeted by enemies so she stays alive.
-Regill - pretty low AC, low damage but has a lot of attacks with his two (??) gnome hammers. No idea how double weapons works. Gave him two weapon fighting feat, I think it worked. Should I give him weapon finesse? Dies a lot, though.
-Darean - not multiclassing him, focused on healing spells + animate dead. Low AC, low strength, low everything, dies a lot but can channel energy like crazy.

I've got no companion/mount or animal but it would be fun to have some. Can I made Regill or Laen to ride a tiger or sth? Or my mercenary thief?

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
This game is perfectly balanced for an idiot like me.

I've just started Dreznen on Core difficulty (with extra AI/feats enabled) and it is still challenging and forces me to reload a lot which makes me happy.

The key thing here is being imbecile with leveling up and generally dump during character creation. So I always chose the most fun or LARP thing when I level up my team. And if there is nothing really fun or LARPy I do stuff at random.
My group consists:

-PC - bloodline sorcerer with additional 3rd bloodline taken as the mythic ability. However all 3 are shit and incompatible with each other giving almost no synergy. I've selected silver dragon, angel and arcane with some small feats for water spells to cast snowball with more damage. I did empower on Snowball and that 1st lvl spell changed into 5th level spell. With that build I would hit 5th level spells near the end of the game. Smart choice. A truly shitty character. To make him more shitty I gave him light armor feat + arcane armor feat. I've just learned that mage armor spell could do the same. Due to low AC he is dying a lot.
-Mercenary thief - due to a bug I was not able to recruit thief NPC in the tavern and had to create my own. And pay for it. Dual wielding knife master. He is a glass cannon damage dealer with almost every feat related to doing more damage. He dies a lot with this AC around 26-28.
-Laen - pure zen archer. He deals a lot of damage with his 3 shots per turn. Not super high AC, but he can cast Bareskin or whatever it is called.
-Amber - those hexes do shit, most of enemies are resistant to them, even though I took spell penetration. I've focused on fire a bit but most of enemies are also resistant to fire. For some reason she is not being targeted by enemies so she stays alive.
-Regill - pretty low AC, low damage but has a lot of attacks with his two (??) gnome hammers. No idea how double weapons works. Gave him two weapon fighting feat, I think it worked. Should I give him weapon finesse? Dies a lot, though.
-Darean - not multiclassing him, focused on healing spells + animate dead. Low AC, low strength, low everything, dies a lot but can channel energy like crazy.

I've got no companion/mount or animal but it would be fun to have some. Can I made Regill or Laen to ride a tiger or sth? Or my mercenary thief?
Don’t take ember to Drezen, she sucks at that point. Drezen is pretty easy if you just use normal strats, stinking cloud mages, web cheese, web the physical hitters and have some fire res and that basically covers all the problems even works on hard.

Shadenuat

Arcane
PC - bloodline sorcerer with additional 3rd bloodline taken as the mythic ability. However all 3 are shit and incompatible with each other
With that build I would hit 5th level spells near the end of the game
^Just Sorcerer players.

cw8

Cipher

I'm not sure who is better, Lann or Arushalae. Aru kills like crazy too with Rapid Shot.

I made Amber into a killing machine. Take Fire Elemental Ascendant which makes all enemies vulnerable to fire regardless of their immunities. Give her great items to add fire dmg to spells and touch attack etc, rods. Now her ray spells just melts enemies. Her slumber hexes are pretty decent too. It's hilarious seeing her hibernate a big demon.

panda

Savant

She's a full caster with a more than decent spell list. You can do basically anything you want with her. I mean, with Ear Piercing Scream, Arrow of Law, Searing Light, Sacred Nimbus, Blade Barrier, Hellfire Ray, Stormbolts, and Fire Storm, she can even make for an half-decent evocation blaster.
Questionable. She has no access neither to scorching ray(by far best mid game blasting spell considering itemization) nor to flexible sorc's metamagic. Lacks early feats for touch spells or WIS for DC. And while full caster can't truly be bad, here i agree, as a caster she is just less useful than alternatives.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Just trying out a Kitsune Warpriest Shieldbearer.

Seems like it should have some pretty good potential as a shield basher, especially with some of the late game spiked shields.

Gets 3 feats at 1st level, Weapon Focus, Shield Bash, + 1 free pick.

Gets sacred weapon damage on shield bash and weapon-focused weapons.

After first mythic rank I'll take master shapeshifter and fight as a human for +4 to physicals (just checked with Nenio in a late-game save, this only works in human form).

Attributes will be:
STR 14 (18) + 4 (probably another +2 for destiny beyond birth)
DEX 16 (20)
CON 14 (18)
INT 10
WIS 13 +1
CHA 14.

Going to go Azata this time. Probably won't bother with spellcasting much apart from divine favor, divine power, and righteous might. Will use companions for the important buffs and enduring spells.

Should be able to get all of the TWF feats (might have to wear a belt to qualify as I don't think the shapeshifter ability will count during feat selection) and Shield Master/Bashing finish.

Will probably go Warpriest 15/Fighter 5 to get BAB 16 and weapon training on top of 2d6 damage from scimitar and 2d6 bash from shield.

Warpriest capstone is pretty meh (the duration is far too short) and I don't think I really want 6th level spells as much as I do an extra +3 to hit (including gloves bonus).

Ibbz

Augur
Does anyone know what point in the story you get the hellknight armour as a hellknight? And if you respect into hellknight, can you still get it later on?

cw8

Cipher
Ember's the must be protected at all costs type character. Even Daeran agrees.

ember.jpg

Lodis

Educated
Does a lich works better with a caster or a melee character?
Both work pretty well, I'm using a melee Lich right now and it works pretty nicely. I was going to make a Lich cavalier but undead mounts are trash so I abandoned that idea. The Lich spellbook is fucking great though and I plan on eventually making a caster Lich for a future playthrough. I had a lot of fun with Repurpose in the beta and from what I've seen it still works the same way in the full game. You can kill a strong enemy or even some bosses with it and then have it follow you around and help you fight.

Delterius

Arcane
If you're already an Eldritch Archer, sure, but dipping from a full caster into Magus is silly.
Thankfully tricksters can skip full caster classes and scale from level.
That requires UMD3, which is very late. If you want to be an arcane Archer with a wizard spellbook, just play an arcane Archer and acquire that spellbook later. Dips here make little sense. Besides the full caster is already targeting touch AC which is what matters.

Salvo

Arcane
If you're already an Eldritch Archer, sure, but dipping from a full caster into Magus is silly.
Thankfully tricksters can skip full caster classes and scale from level.
That requires UMD3, which is very late. If you want to be an arcane Archer with a wizard spellbook, just play an arcane Archer and acquire that spellbook later. Dips here make little sense. Besides the full caster is already targeting touch AC which is what matters.
Have you done the vital strike scythe meme yet

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Anyone here did the quest about Dyra going missing? When is becomes available?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom