Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I would be happy with just some normal Fighters in party. One Minsc maybe, Kivan, Khaleed. They can have non-epic stat spread with 15 strengths. All in plate mails with cute little flaming swords and stuff.
Would be fun.

Monks, gaylords, cannibals, dex rapiers can all suck it.

On my good run I'd replace Seelah with Mercenary with same build as her, just to change her voice acting.

We were saying this in P:K as well. I think they tried with Gheybor.

That's why I immediately went Druid merc here! Harrim also makes for a decent Druid in KM, although I never tried, the stats are there.

Lann's a good Druid here. Solves the ranged proficiency problem.

Vatnik Wumao
By the way, since I'm already thinking about various future builds, is there any way to turn a WIS-based caster class into an INT-based one (mainly thinking of cleric and/or inquisitor) through some feat or background choice?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I never thought my Eldritch Scion would be tank as much as Regill and Camellia. That bitch is getting 37 AC on top of Blur/Displacement/Mirror Image.

Also what are you doing guys with Darean, he's kinda useles in combat to me rn. He does some really nice heals but damage wise is eh.

Desiderius

Patron
And the variety of effects aren't better than a x7 multiplier, or a 11-20 threat range. They are cooler though.

I guess most people don't design their groups with seven characters all doing at least 100-300 per round. Then add in crit chains and AoOs and Cleaving Shot. Shit's already dying fine.

It's the not getting killed/controlled/making sure I can hit shit part that is usually the issue.

Yeah if you've got one guy doing all the damage while everyone else picks their butts then you've got to focus on maxxing crits or whatever. Not really an issue here.

Vatnik Wumao
:M
6WfJDZv.png

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Just took a level 7 army using a level 3 one (100 scouts 10 marksmen 10 rangers) in crusade mode. An advice, as soon as you start chapter 3, swap your levelled up General and give him/her a lousy army while leaving the less experienced one with the most powerful one. This way the troops will help him gather xp while the other one can easily mop up with just a couple spells per battle + a heal.

You can use small 1 troop armies to quickly scout the map.

volklore

Arcane
I'd like to add, as gay as taking a level in Monk is (and, let's face it, it's one of the gayest shit on earth) wtf is all the fuss about it? It's an easily forgettable sin, considering how long a build takes to flourish. And if one likes to play certain builds at certain difficulty levels, it's more or less a must.
I certainly understand the jokes and the memes and we should all be good sports about it.
Sometimes though, I'm under the impression that someone is really butthurt about it. Just fucking play the fricking game how you want to, lower the diff or brute force through it or simply prove us all wrong, what's the problem?

I should stop yelling at clouds.

I think the frustration is the retarded behaviour you see in many threads (many outside the Dex as well) where people insist you take a monk dip on every martial, regardless of whether it's at all fitting to the character fantasy.

I don't think anyone cares outside that context what is done with characters, it's more just the insistence that everyone makes munchkin-esque dips that don't fit.
InEffect builds for unfair and doesn't pretend he isn't minmaxing. There is discalimers on literally every page of his guide. The fact that people play the game on Core while copying his unfair builds instead of lowering the difficulty and playing whatever they want is their issue. Who cares.

Play whatever you want wont work to finish the game however even on normal , not in wotr. First 3 chapters are ok , but end game is clearly built for people who did the monk dip, but know what they are doing. Else it will be F5 F8 all the time.
I have nothing to oppose since I have not gotten to those chapters yet, I am pretty slow. I will see how it goes, but I somehow doubt this is true. I guess it all depends on your definition of things. I remember people circlejerking Valerie was trash and couldn't tank shit on anything but normal when kingmaker came out, even though it was blatantly wrong. A lot of people were saying that only dex built monk dips are good and could tank stuff in hard or unfair in kingmaker. All of that ended up being complete bullshit.

Desiderius

Patron
I never thought my Eldritch Scion would be tank as much as Regill and Camellia. That bitch is getting 37 AC on top of Blur/Displacement/Mirror Image.

Also what are you doing guys with Darean, he's kinda useles in combat to me rn. He does some really nice heals but damage wise is eh.

He has fast spell progression.

Those spells that sucked before? They don't now. He can also tank and when he hits Frightful slay but that takes awhile. Second mystery Ancestors has some very nice stuff, as does Waves.

Dae12ColdStrike.jpg

(this is a Swift Action)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Also what are you doing guys with Darean, he's kinda useles in combat
Mostly listen to his sass. From all three boys, he, unlike others, is at least eloquent. And since keeping more than 1 boi is insufferable, I take him. I made him hit something in melee once. Terrible creature though.

He can take extra mysteries and all that right? Should be able to cast something but healz, surely. And high dex means he could potentially stick something with pointy ends, but how keep him alive?

Parabalus

Arcane
And the variety of effects aren't better than a x7 multiplier, or a 11-20 threat range. They are cooler though.

I guess most people don't design their groups with seven characters all doing at least 100-300 per round. Then add in crit chains and AoOs and Cleaving Shot. Shit's already dying fine.

It's the not getting killed/controlled/making sure I can hit shit part that is usually the issue.

Yeah if you've got one guy doing all the damage while everyone else picks their butts then you've got to focus on maxxing crits or whatever. Not really an issue here.

So play worse builds on purpose, that's also fine. There's enough power in the party to play without weapon focus.

Most of those AoOs trigger on crits though.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I have nothing to oppose since I have not gotten to those chapters yet, I am pretty slow. I will see how it goes, but I somehow doubt this is true. I guess it all depends on your definition of things. I remember people circlejerking Valerie was trash and couldn't tank shit on anything but normal when kingmaker came out, even though it was blatantly wrong. A lot of people were saying that only dex built monk dips are good and could tank stuff in hard or unfair in kingmaker. All of that ended up being complete bullshit.
Its not true. My MC in my current playthrough has 92 AC with the monk dip. If I made an armoured alternative without the monk dip (obviously changing which feats I would choose etc), it would have 88 AC. It would have other benefits however, for example, there is this shield which gives immunity to both slashing and piercing damage. A monk dip is not required at all to survive, the reason I mainly stuck with it was for flurry of blows since I was using a quarterstaff to attack and an extra attack was nice. There are really strong pieces of body armour as well as shields, so you are sacrificing 2 equipment slots for your monk AC, which is huge.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I guess most people don't design their groups with seven characters all doing at least 100-300 per round
Since your tolerance to companions would probably only go down eventually; unless they begin to introduce galant cavaliers, sexy witches and wise druids into game through DLCs for Kanerah-effect style, people might be running smaller parties. Viktor I think played 4?

Desiderius

Patron

Desiderius

Patron

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think played 4?

Played with 2 till the siege of Drezen, then 4 for the rest. I always preferred smaller parties.

For tanking, I was using animal companions which I don't need to worry about attribute damage and expensive ressurection scrolls.

galant cavaliers, sexy witches and wise druids

Strongly agreed. If was up to me, I would put a Cavalier which would ride a Wyvern, a blonde, red eyed winter witch and a very old yet powerful druid companion. Also would add a kitsune samurai companion only to mock people who are still butthurt that ratfolk din't own the poll. The kistune samurai will use a lot of weeabo words like kawai, sugoi and use honorifics to refer to the PC. If PC is a lawful good human fighter, he would refer to the PC as a Generi-kun. If the PC is a might Wizard, he would refer as pc_name-sama.

Desiderius

Patron
I hear Neapolitan life was unrivaled under the Borboni. Maybe his ancestors are from there.

Pretty low what the Milanese did to their brothers.

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

I gave him extra channel, extra channel, extra channel, and mythic channel. Going to get enduring spells or more spell casting with him as he’s a heal and buff bot for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom