Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also what are you doing guys with Darean, he's kinda useles in combat
Mostly listen to his sass. From all three boys, he, unlike others, is at least eloquent. And since keeping more than 1 boi is insufferable, I take him. I made him hit something in melee once. Terrible creature though.

I have a murderdog build especially for him:
1. Take a Second Mystery > Nature at first mythic rank
2. Take Animal Companion as lvl 7 Mystery (wolf is my fav).
3. Get Both of them Outflunk.
4. Get him Weapon Finesse and Proficiency with some finessable weapon like a Rapier or Estoc. I like Estoc for shield and crit fishing with Improved Crit to give his four-legged friend all those nice extra attacks.
5. Get Friend to Animals to get Daeran's CHA as sacred bonus to mount's saves as lvl 11 Mystery.
6. Get Nature's Whispers as lvl 15 Mystery to replace DEX > CHA for his AC calculations.

Just put him on the dog and watch how dog goes on the murder-tripping spree.

You could probably turn Daeran into a plant at lvl 20 for all those nice immunities, but I had not tested last Nature Revelation yet.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Do NOT recruit troops when you go back to Kenabres they will be stuck on the city map and give you infinite loading screens when you try to leave.

Anyone else had this?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
As of now, Improved Cleaving Finish is bugged and borderline unplayable in TB. 99% of the times it doesn't work at all, because it targets the enemy who's already dead and, being unable to kill it again, it wastes the attack interrupting the chain. It was working before though, so I don't what the fuck happened.

For fuck's sake Owlcat, get it together.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Also what are you doing guys with Darean, he's kinda useles in combat
Mostly listen to his sass. From all three boys, he, unlike others, is at least eloquent. And since keeping more than 1 boi is insufferable, I take him. I made him hit something in melee once. Terrible creature though.

He can take extra mysteries and all that right? Should be able to cast something but healz, surely. And high dex means he could potentially stick something with pointy ends, but how keep him alive?

Spirit Shield + Magical Vestment (intended use) + good shields. There’s a sick Mithril Tower but currently still weighs 45. On Core doesn’t really need it. Don’t really need Finesse just use Righteous Might and Divine Power if you feel like scrapping.

He ploinks fine with his xBow early if you target archers and casters and Demoralize melee. Killed Maugla with his Demoralize. And he can use best available Simple like Headcracker and Sun Stroke for good procs or just the Rapiers.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Anyhow, Desiderius, what are my options for an INT-based divine caster? Any way to turn a cleric or inquisitor into one?

You can't get an INT based divine caster, but you can create an Oracle (Enlightened Philosopher) that gives you +5 to INT.

You can then take the Trickster path and unlock a full Wizard's spell book by getting UMD 3.

You can also play as a Kindred Raised Half Elf or one of the Aasimar subraces which can get +2 INT and CHA.

So you can start the game with:

STR 14 DEX 10 CON 14 INT 16 WIS 10 CHA 18 and get +10 to INT with all points there. 26 INT + a manual and bokken potion means you could end up with 30 INT before headbands. etc.

Go for Nature mystery for a pet and CHA to AC. You also get CHA to saves at 20th level with Enlightened Philosopher.

Could probably even find a couple of feats spare for arcane armour training to wear mithral breastplate and still cast.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Spirit Shield + Magical Vestment (intended use) + good shields. There’s a sick Mithril Tower but currently still weighs 45. On Core doesn’t really need it. Don’t really need Finesse just use Righteous Might and Divine Power
We're turning you into proper knight, Daeran. Training begins today, start lifting.

Desiderius

Patron
No need for despair, Tuco Benedicto Pacifico

Once you let go of your security blanket and explore 10% of what you can do in this game you can have this much fun too.

It’s great.

If they you know don’t break the code. Also Soviet.

Daidre

Arcane

Mmh, does nature Mistery also give him Magic Fang? Otherwise there's somewhat of a pressure to also have that in your group imho, else the companion is (eh) defanged. In case he gets it, disregard.
Mythical Beast helps to ignore DR, but Amulets of Mighty/Agile Fists for monks work on pets too and give them generic enchantment bonuses.

Sharpedge

Prophet
As of now, Improved Cleaving Finish is bugged and borderline unplayable in TB. 99% of the times it doesn't work at all, because it targets the enemy who's already dead and, being unable to kill it again, it wastes the attack interrupting the chain. It was working before though, so I don't what the fuck happened.

For fuck's sake Owlcat, get it together.
Oh, is THIS what is making my character just randomly stop attacking. I think I got this at more or less the same time I got the Angelic Halo upgrade and was trying to figure out why my character would just stop attacking every so often.

Stoned Ape

Savant

Mmh, does nature Mistery also give him Magic Fang? Otherwise there's somewhat of a pressure to also have that in your group imho, else the companion is (eh) defanged. In case he gets it, disregard.

No, but nature does get Barkskin instead (which is better, IMO) so you can put an amulet of mighty fists on the pet and still give it a big boost to natural armour.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
MASSIVE SPOILER MOVE PAST THIS
CAMELIA ENDING A.k.a Owlcat manages to provide proof Camelia is purposefully made to own 4chan rather than just organically being organic Chaotic Evil.
Owlcat are so fucking retarded they made it obvious Camelia is supposed to be dunking on 4chan and other types of players like that especially in comparison to Daeran also stretch goal romance that LGBT and Women get, now the special thing is Camelia good ending, in bad ending she tries to kill you, in good ending ? She leaves you because she got cravings to kill you, and she cares for you, and so she leaves to not put you in danger, in process tearing down the entire character, as in Camelia is apparently Psychopat that doesnt care at all yet at the ending she leaves you because she cares, in process Owlcat turn her from evil psycho enjoying killing to basically in SJW terms Mental Ilness victim who rather than killing because she wants to cant stop herself. In short camelia is Sociophat not psychopath and her behavior fits since psychopaths are more cunning manipulative etc, And Camelia passes as innocent about as well as Tranny passes as woman SO IN A GAME Where you can Perma kill two demon lords and other shit you are literally unable to restrain Sociophat who actually develops feeling for you from being able to resist harming people she cares about Including you or Horgus, Like Owlcat in attempt to Dunk on "Chuds" self dunked and made it really obvious its supposed to be Own and not Camelia just being Evil Mass murderer, because if she was just that then they would either not have the ending where MASS MURDERER LEAVES SO SHE DOESNT HARM YOU, Or just had ending where you are together but she is still mass murderer, Congratulations Owlcat you cant even keep your own narrative.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Mythical Beast helps to ignore DR, but Amulets of Mighty/Agile Fists for monks work on pets too and give them generic enchantment bonuses.

Yes, most of my brian is hardwired to try and correct wonky player builds (see Mastah? I will get a pwet at level 12 this way!!1!), I already took Mythical beast for my Druid and should have realized that it completely made my post idiotic. Old age is the worst, you can't even select it as favored enemy. Forgive my ramblings.

Desiderius

Patron
I don’t think Mythical Beast is very good unless you’re romancing some skanky lichette.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Anyhow, Desiderius, what are my options for an INT-based divine caster? Any way to turn a cleric or inquisitor into one?

No, God makes atheists for the high INT shit.
Alas. I'd like to have a divine caster PC with a shitload of skillpoints, but I don't want to waste feats and/or suboptimally distribute my stats for that.
Witch isn't a divine caster, but its spellbook has some overlap with the divine spellcaster list. You could make a Witch if you wanted to. It isn't doing exactly what you want, but it is close.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom