Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, I watched some of the content creators for the game for a bit and saw them doing things like this. I think 1 of the funniest things I saw was someone taking a level dip on kineticist into Sohei for the horse and then kiting enemies around on the horse, while they blast from its back :D

I reeeally wanted to make a kineticist riding a velociraptor, but I think you can't make one without wasting more than 1 level (you would need to waste at least 3, right?), even if you make a halfling and take boon companion, am I wrong?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Yeah, I watched some of the content creators for the game for a bit and saw them doing things like this. I think 1 of the funniest things I saw was someone taking a level dip on kineticist into Sohei for the horse and then kiting enemies around on the horse, while they blast from its back :D

I reeeally wanted to make a kineticist riding a velociraptor, but I think you can't make one without wasting more than 1 level (you would need to waste at least 3, right?), even if you make a halfling and take boon companion, am I wrong?
You would need to waste a couple of levels to do that, yep. The raptor doesn't start large enough to mount it.

Kaivokz

Arcane
I read people saying here that the game is much easier if you start as a melee tank or a damage delaer, instead of caster, but I never realized how dramatic the difference is. My Wizard MC was useless compared to the cavalier.

Indeed, stuffing a game with magic resistant and damage-reducing enemies right from the tutorial tends to diminish the already low utility of vancian casters or at least limit them to buffers and ground-casters of reflex-attacking spells which circumvent magic resistance.

People meming that "oh you play on TB, so you play the game two difficulty levels lower hurr durr" while they are fucking up things left and right with their gay-ified versions of barbarians and rangers should try the game with a vancian caster - up to level 5 it felt like having one less party member.

Core is actually not a big deal at all. Maybe only Fedora should stick to Normal.
The difference between core and unfair is substantial, too.

Just playing around with unfair last azlanti mode, I was able to get a paladin to the maze without much trouble, but tried with a phantasmal mage and he is completely useless—in no small part because you aren’t allowed to pick what spells you have memorized before the first cave section (it always gives me color spray and mage armor, though maybe I could metagame it into giving me useful spells vs animals). The only way I managed it was to stealth forward so the archer chick attacked them first and hopefully got a couple sneak attack hits in.

Swapped over to a core last azlanti run with the arcanist though—cave can be face rolled easily even down a party member.

Kind of a bummer that you can’t stealth through more of the opening (and that they gave you an NPC follower who attacks everything and doesn’t stealth…); it really makes arcane casters even harder to start on ironman.

Mortmal

Arcane
Cyborgs in Blackwater were stronger than intended - fixed;

:lol:
See ga♥ , you little cuck , i was right game is overtuned, i can already hear your autistic screeching over here ! And you know what they will look at end game and do exactly the same soon. See you dont matter at all for owlcat, you are nothing to them ! They are listening to me ! :)

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Robber Baron

Savant
So many NPCs in Drezen, the first city-like location
and none of them have even a single line of dialog, even from some kind of shared pool of NPC lines. shame

Reinhardt

Arcane
  • Sosiel will not try to break up with a character on a good Mythic Path anymore;
  • Sosiel could get stuck painting in different areas, blocking some quests from completion - fixed;
  • Sometimes you were unable to exit the location if you turned down Sosiel - fixed;
110-1631819900-1838610429.jpeg

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Skipping days in KM was a big mistake that was going to bite your ass later in the game, here as far as I understand, it shouldn't be a big deal.

I think some secret ending need a spesific date to completion,, other than that its safe to wait. in act 3 demons send you armies (really basic ones) each month so that can level you a bit. Or there are repeatable edicts that gives 30-50 k xp to all generals.
No attacking armies in act 5 btw.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Kind of a bummer that you can’t stealth through more of the opening (and that they gave you an NPC follower who attacks everything and doesn’t stealth…); it really makes arcane casters even harder to start on ironman.
I think if you're playing caster, you might want to look into options and kits that provide you with some melee options. Early game the difference in someone with high strength and enlarged and a fighter is not that big. I have a Hag Witch planned to try and scratch things with bites and claws against tripped enemies or something like that.
Later when you get spellz and 2xspell pen & mythic spell pen & mythic powaa, you can begin proper casting.

And I wouldn't rely on any stealth, Owlcats don't understand the concept and also filled game with cutscenes and crap like that.

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
its safe to wait

Eh, I'll take the previous advice and explore all the location I've cleared. The thing I hate, is having to constantly switch the mindset from HoMM lite to TB tacticool. If they had baked a model were I could decide were to focus today I could even work it into my job schedule without going crazy.

Having fun. Not complaining.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
So many NPCs in Drezen, the first city-like location
and none of them have even a single line of dialog, even from some kind of shared pool of NPC lines. shame
Yea, that was so disappointing. A literal giant city full of nothing.

Salvo

Arcane
Since Desi is no longer here, clearly we should suggest awful, sacrilegious ideas like taking a level dip in oracle to grab a curse and then burn a mythic feat on a 2nd curse, so you can get Powerless Prophecy without the downside. (Don't actually do this, its a terrible idea.)
I think that's what CohhCarnage did in his recommended builds or something. But maybe without epic prophecy?
Basically, he turned Seelah into Oracle, and Lann into Hunter, and he is a bow Slayer. And he plays Hard.
What happened in the end is Seelah has no weapon enchants and his party has no mass smite evil; Lann, while has monk things, loses bab, and uses bow (no flanking), Cohh is slayer with bow (no flanking). And their pet (leopard) works without anything to help with flanking either. And he has Cam (just dies all the time) and Neni (due to game showering fox with special items, actually works, hilariously).

So, he gets Regill (just straight fighter) into party, and suddenly sees Regill hitting enemies with every attack and soloing Vroks.
And is very surprised, because that never happened before.
That's.... actually smart?

I mean, it's something my group and I did in tabletop, although with a cart. And crossbows. And an 11th level Sorcerer.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Skipping days in KM was a big mistake that was going to bite your ass later in the game, here as far as I understand, it shouldn't be a big deal.

I think some secret ending need a spesific date to completion,, other than that its safe to wait. in act 3 demons send you armies (really basic ones) each month so that can level you a bit. Or there are repeatable edicts that gives 30-50 k xp to all generals.
It requires you to enter the final zone
between the dates Gozren 16 and 23 4717.

Salvo

Arcane

Boy, is that going to cause some butthurt. It's even more bullshit than Kingmaker :lol:

Sharpedge

Prophet

Boy, is that going to cause some butthurt. It's even more bullshit than Kingmaker :lol:
I have done that completion, unless you fuck up on some cosmic level, I don't think its possible to overshoot on time, I had to skip through an entire year to get to that date. Its far more likely that you fail the other requirements, like not making the correct dialogue choices, since there are lots of them.

Mortmal

Arcane

Specific date, and not for every mythic path , legend dont get it .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom