Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread - Inevitable Excess DLC on February 15th

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Mauman Learned

Mauman
    Ah, thank you. I'll look into that.

Unrelated, but I just found this and it gave me a chuckle.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Some "weapon".

Are they trying to subvert expectations or something? :?

^ Top  
  2. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Just a word of warning, there is a good chance that changing the Difficulty, even Core > Hard >Unfair, could auto-fail all difficulty-related achievements.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. mediocrepoet First disciple of Mediocrites Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Unless they've changed how this works, doing anything to your difficulty after you start immediately sets it to "Custom" and makes you ineligible for any achievements that require a difficulty setting.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    Good to know, I will leave it alone then :(

^ Top  
  5. Haplo Prophet Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Also really strong with Vital Strike and large damage dice weapons. Can True Strike/Arcane Accuracy/Dimension Strike. Perfect Strike maximizes Vital Strike hits. Also Greater Cleaving Finish triggers more Vital Strikes. Just saying.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Nexus mods

• cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    So this happens when you cast Transformation on an ally using Legend Infusion or Brown Fur Transmuter MC:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Up to 40 BAB to any person in your party

• Balanced Balanced x 3
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Mauman Learned

Mauman
    (licks lips).

One more level then my non-mc level 20 brown fur transmuter will be able to do this.

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. volklore Arcane

volklore
    I do not get how this works, does your alch or BfT need to be on the legend mythic path to give 40 bab ?

^ Top  
  10. Mauman Learned

Mauman
    Long story short - Brown Fur Transmuter is bugged to hell and back (in a breaking game balance sort of way). See my posts about polymorphing dogs to cats for another example a few pages back.

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. FreeKaner Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

FreeKaner
    I wasn't expecting much from the crusade mechanic to begin with but I cannot believe how atrocious it is. Why did they even a base cap of 3 units per army? At the very least, having a general in an army should at least double that to 6. Scorching ray & fireball are powerful to point that it trivializes everything else, there is no unit balance to speak of and units aren't even stated as they are described in the army council. The designers didn't seem to understand that the total recruitment numbers per week is what determines unit durability and seem to love the total extremes of units in terms of HP and damage.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Agree x 5
    • Despair x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. smaug Self-Ejected Patron

Self-Ejected
    Insert Title Here
    Why does anyone on the codex care about achievements? The fact that core and above are supposed to disable respecing is ridiculous unless you turn it on and lose achievements, especially when you have to take mythic abilities into account which you wouldn’t know unless you looked them up beforehand. Also, people are always testing things with difficulty setting as well so making that disable them is even more retarded. Why even bother?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Gettin 100 armies laying around with units you cant recruit.. mmmmm. That's why next playthrough i'm going to play with instant win crusader mode but without auto for muh choices.

^ Top  
  14. Riel Cipher

Riel
    Certainly Fireball is crazily OP in campaign mode. My general just one shot a level 7 army with it.

:timetoburn:

^ Top  
  15. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    Also playing as a lich and keeping one living army and the undead army is a gyga pain because after battle using my living army it leaves raised undead as a separate army... it's maddening.

^ Top  
  16. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    It can only work with your main character, and only if they are on the Legend path. This path results in a character level cap of 40, meaning that transformation spells YOU cast inherit your maximum BAB i.e. up to 40 at max level

• nice nice x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    No, your Merc/companion BFT casting Transformation will result in a maximum of 20 BAB

^ Top  
  18. D_X Ridi, Pagliaccio Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Hey, anyone playing Legend can tell me if, when leveling their second class, did the level up screen display Legend's +4 to attributes correctly?

I was playing with the toybox mod to cook up some characters and I noticed that, when picking feats, the attributes were displayed without the enhancement bonus and it didn't count for qualifying for feats gated behind attributes. It's quite possible it's because of the mod, but it made me curious.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Mauman Learned

Mauman
    Ah, got it. I misread your post. Oh well. At least my animal companions can get to BAB 20.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    Pathfinder lore isn't great. It's got all the worst parts of Forgotten Realms with its own terrible twists. But Pathfinder space lore is something else. The divine rock of mysterious origins? Just a space wars orbital weapon. The ancient atlanteans? They didn't die, they just fucked off and became space ultra nazis instead. Turns out God-King Aroden wasn't 'the last atlantean' after all. Golarion? It's the one planet of renaissance faire morons, the rest of the galaxy is filled with star trek humans. No they won't show up. Androids and nanites are actually all over the planet, by the way. Thankfully, Numeria has an export ban in place so that's why people don't know anything about robots lmao.

Sure, I personally don't care about space shit. But everything related to Numeria is Reign of Winter tier. Just irredeemable. I'd much prefer Owlcat just made a Starfinder / Original Sci Fi game and explored Golarion itself. There's so much potential. Faction conflict in Taldor's succession, investigating murder mysteries with sanity mechanics with Ustalav, creating and quelching a revolution in infernal Cheliax.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/4820532832252504422

• Fishy Fishy x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. FreeKaner Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

FreeKaner
    What sort of inbred came up with the idea that your mythic spells should only scale by your mythic level if you don't merge spell books? Merging spellbooks is already broken to the point of trivializing the game, but the alternate is that you will never pass an offensive spell DC.

Honestly owlcat surprises me at each point, it's as if they are making some stuff so broken as to make it so you completely faceroll the game while making the alternatives so bad that you won't ever even get to apply its effects in encounters.

This game is so frustrating, the good parts are really good and enjoyable, but the bad parts are either completely unusable or borderline dealbreaking. That's ignoring all the gamebreaking oversights.

Pathfinder, more like trap choice finder.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    Disagreed; Starfinder lacks full casters. It has only half caster aka technomancer. I don't wanna to be a lv 20 caster unable to cast tier 7 spells.

EDIT : Why my steam is not updating? I wanna test tier 10 spells.

Disagreed. Favorable magic from Azata is amazing.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    Owlcat's balance passes are amateurish at best. The notion that they wouldn't implement muskets because they are supposedly overpowered is laughable given that every other feature in Wrath tend to completely invalidate the game. I considered playing an Oracle Angel merge but now I can't conceive of doing so. Maybe if this was my first RPG. But no hobbyist worth it's salt should spellbook merge. Wrath has Dragon Age: Origins tier design and Spellbook Merging is the return of Mana Clash.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    Meh. Iron Gods is about being an android and using laser guns. I couldn't care less about it. I want to be a caster and I want my caster gameplay to be fulfilling. This means I want a setting that supports it and a game system that comes broken out of the box.
    Un-merged books have garbage DCs. Doesn't matter if you stack misfortune when enemies auto pass. And Favorable Magic is not a fraction of the sheer stupidity of Merged Spellbooks. You might as well use the console and activate god mode.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.